• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Old Duke's Latest mock

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'm ready for your comments. This is, of course, is without any trades, so things are guaranteed to change.
2020 NFL DRAFT
TEAM/ PLAYER/ POSITION/ COLLEGE
1 CINCINNATI- JOE BURROW- QB- LSU
2 WASHINGTON- CHASE YOUNG- EDGE- OHIO ST.
3 DETROIT- JEFF OKUDAH- CB- OHIO ST.
4 NY GIANTS- ISAIAH SIMMONS- LB- CLEMSON
5 MIAMI -TUA TAGOVAILOA- QB- ALABAMA
6 LA CHARGERS- JUSTIN HERBERT -QB -OREGON
7 CAROLINA- ANDREW THOMAS- T- GEORGIA
8 ARIZONA- MEKHI BECTON -T- LOUISVILLE
9 JACKSONVILLE -DERRICK BROWN- DT- AUBURN
10 CLEVELAND -TRISTAN WIRFS -T- IOWA
11 NY JETS- JERRY JEUDY- WR -ALABAMA
12 OAKLAND -CEEDEE LAMB- WR- OKLAHOMA
13 INDIANAPOLIS- JAVON KINLAW- DL- S. CAROLINA
14 TAMPA- KLAVON CHAISSON -EDGE- LSU
15 DENVER- HENRY RUGGS- WR- ALABAMA
16 ATLANTA- A.J. EPENESA- EDGE -IOWA
17 DALLAS- C.J. HENDERSON- CB -FLORIDA
18 MIAMI -XAVIER MCKINNEY -S- ALABAMA
19 OAKLAND- KRISTIAN FULTON- CB- LSU
20 JACKSONVILLE -TREVON DIGGS- CB- ALABAMA
21 PHILADELPHIA- DENZEL MIMS- WR- BAYLOR
22 BUFFALO -JUSTIN JEFFERSON- WR- LSU
23 NEW ENGLAND- JORDAN LOV-E QB -UTAH ST.
24 NEW ORLEANS -KENNETH MURRAY- LB- OKLAHOMA
25 MINNESOTA- AUSTIN JACKSON- T- USC
26 MIAMI -JOSH JONES- T- HOUSTON
27 SEATTLE -CURTIS WEAVER- EDGE- BOISE ST.
28 BALTIMORE- PATRICK QUEEN -LB- LSU
29 TENNESSEE -JEFF GLADNEY- CB- TCU
30 GREEN BAY- K.J. HAMLER- WR- PENN ST.
31 SAN FRANCISCO -KETUR GROSS-MATOS- EDGE- PENN ST.
32 KANSAS CITY -A.J. TERRELL- CB -CLEMSON

Last edited:

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it for what it's worth, here are Matt Miller's thoughts. The Dolphins are not as high on TT QB as the press is high one him. The question comes down to is he another R Wilson? IMO he is not. I am of the opinion he has a high ceiling but a medium floor and he is going to hit closer to medium than a high ceiling. MM thinks the Jets want an OL more than a WR. But if one is not available then Cee Dee Lamb. The Colts need a QB, they do not have one signed for 2021, Jordan Love? Falcons need a CB so MM says. So does Dallas. That's my 2 cents. Or should I say MM's.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good effort as always Duke ... I think you forgot arguably the best OT in the draft though (Jedrick Wills from Bama).

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, keep in mind how (un)successful MM was, and is now a color analyst for college football. I like Matt, since I'm a huge PSU fan, but I don't much stock into his scouting recommendations.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good effort as always Duke ... I think you forgot arguably the best OT in the draft though (Jedrick Wills from Bama).

Absolutely Rey, I will change that. I had him the list before just changed it this morning. I will revise shortly. Thanks for spotting it! :doh:

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles gamble on upside with Mims. I'd be ok as long as we get a RAC WR in round 2 or 3.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely Rey, I will change that. I had him the list before just changed it this morning. I will revise shortly. Thanks for spotting it! :doh:

No worries ... just wanted to make sure you revised it in case you do your yearly shows :)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, you saved me from a major embarrassment!
I moved Wills to Tampa, to help protect Brady.
And moved Chaisson down to G.Bay.
My object is to see how many of my picks go in the 1st round.
And secondarily how many matches I can get.
If I get 7 or more matches right, then it's a good year.

The best year I'v ever had was the 1999 Draft. I had 29 of 31 picks make it to the 1st round. One team had forfeited their 1st round pick. I can't remember who that team was. The first year I started writing for the Lancaster Sunday News was the 1983 Draft (the year of the Quarterback). I was the only draftnik that predicted Dan Marino to Miami. He had a reputation for being a druggie. Even the Steelers passed on him, and took a DT (fGabe Rivera), that winded up getting paralyzed in a year or so. On his deathbed, Art Rooney whispered to Dan "you should have drafted Marino". Supposedly a true story.

Ah, memories! That's why they call me "Old Duke". Not really, but it was an old story. Guys, forgive this old guy. I've got nothing else to do.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, you saved me from a major embarrassment!
I moved Wills to Tampa, to help protect Brady.
And moved Chaisson down to G.Bay.
My object is to see how many of my picks go in the 1st round.
And secondarily how many matches I can get.
If I get 7 or more matches right, then it's a good year.

The best year I'v ever had was the 1999 Draft. I had 29 of 31 picks make it to the 1st round. One team had forfeited their 1st round pick. I can't remember who that team was. The first year I started writing for the Lancaster Sunday News was the 1983 Draft (the year of the Quarterback). I was the only draftnik that predicted Dan Marino to Miami. He had a reputation for being a druggie. Even the Steelers passed on him, and took a DT (fGabe Rivera), that winded up getting paralyzed in a year or so. On his deathbed, Art Rooney whispered to Dan "you should have drafted Marino". Supposedly a true story.

Ah, memores! That's why they call me "Old Duke".
No worries ... just wanted to make sure you revised it in case you do your yearly shows :)

I don't do the shows anymore. With the newspaper industry in the tank. they cut that out. I still watch some of them on You Tube once in a while. The guy who interviewed me, now works in a plumbing supply house. Go figure.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still do the predictions for the newspaper, but they're not on the front page of sports - usually on page 5 or something. You do a lot more research then me, Rey. you're the best!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still do the predictions for the newspaper, but they're not on the front page of sports - usually on page 5 or something. You do a lot more research then me, Rey. you're the best!

I appreciate that duke ... unfortunately I don't follow anywhere near as much as I watched several years ago. I'm now a grandpa with another one on the way and priorities have changed :) I do however watch more tape after the season and especially this year where I go nowhere else other than to work and back home.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, grandpa, congrats on being a GP. I have 10 grandkids. 5 girls/5 guys. Life is good!

Reactions: Rey