• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OLD DUKE'S 1ST MOCK

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Guys, here is my first attempt. Let me know your thoughts.
CLELIN FERRELL - EDGE
TYTUS HOWARD - OT
JUAN THORNHILL - S
JUSTICE HILL - RB
TERRY MC LAURIN - WR
T.J. EDWARDS - LB
RYAN FINLEY - QB

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it duke.
The right positions in the right rounds.

Let's build those lines early.

And I really like Thornhill from this class.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLELIN FERRELL - EDGE
TYTUS HOWARD - OT
JUAN THORNHILL - S
JUSTICE HILL - RB
TERRY MC LAURIN - WR
T.J. EDWARDS - LB
RYAN FINLEY - QB
Love the McLaurin pick:suds:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLELIN FERRELL - EDGE
TYTUS HOWARD - OT
JUAN THORNHILL - S
JUSTICE HILL - RB
TERRY MC LAURIN - WR
T.J. EDWARDS - LB
RYAN FINLEY - QB
I'll do my mock later tonigjt. Will do my homework!

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Little 25 OT
Josh Jacobs 53 RB
Charles Omenihu Edge
Joe Jackson Edge
Penny Hart WR
Ryan Bates G
Mike Edwards S

Note: I did this draft spare of the moment. It's not great or horrible imo. I do also believe that traded will be dealt during this draft, especially with Howie at the helm.

Last edited:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can go many different ways ... Clelin Ferrell is a guy I can see dropping a bit in this draft. Not sure if it will be all the way down to 25, but late teens / early 20's is possible with such a deep DL class. Would be tremendous value at 25. Had Howard in my first Mock over a month ago in Rd 2 and I'd still be fine with that pick; with his skill set he could play either side. Really like Thornhill as well in Rd 3 ... excellent instincts and ran well at the Combine. Justice Hill in Rd 4 would also be really good value; especially if we continue the 3 Headed RB attack. I don't see him as a 3 down Back, but as a rotation guy he would be a a cheap version of Tevin Coleman. McLaurin imo isn't going to last that long with his skill set ... dude was seriously underutilized at Ohio State; I think he could be a steal if he gets past Rd 3. Really good Mock imo Duke.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can go many different ways ... Clelin Ferrell is a guy I can see dropping a bit in this draft. Not sure if it will be all the way down to 25, but late teens / early 20's is possible with such a deep DL class. Would be tremendous value at 25. Had Howard in my first Mock over a month ago in Rd 2 and I'd still be fine with that pick; with his skill set he could play either side. Really like Thornhill as well in Rd 3 ... excellent instincts and ran well at the Combine. Justice Hill in Rd 4 would also be really good value; especially if we continue the 3 Headed RB attack. I don't see him as a 3 down Back, but as a rotation guy he would be a a cheap version of Tevin Coleman. McLaurin imo isn't going to last that long with his skill set ... dude was seriously underutilized at Ohio State; I think he could be a steal if he gets past Rd 3. Really good Mock imo Duke.

Thanks Rey (The Guru). A friend of mine campaigned for Darrell Henderson @#57 v.s Hill. I told him about a CBS rumor that we trade Agholor to the Jags for Fournette. I wouldn't put any trades by Howie in the mix. I think that this is a deep draft, but not a lot of superstars, IMO.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Little 25 OT
Josh Jacobs 53 RB
Charles Omenihu Edge
Joe Jackson Edge
Penny Hart WR
Ryan Bates G
Mike Edwards S

Note: I did this draft spare of the moment. It's not great or horrible imo. I do also believe that traded will be dealt during this draft, especially with Howie at the helm.

Mall, I don't like Little @#25, and I have some concerns about Jacobs. I hope he turns out to be a stud, but I'm a little leery about taking him @#25, and he most likely won't last until 53 0r 57. Omenihu would be very good.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mall, I don't like Little @#25, and I have some concerns about Jacobs. I hope he turns out to be a stud, but I'm a little leery about taking him @#25, and he most likely won't last until 53 0r 57. Omenihu would be very good.
Yeah. Honestly, the draft site I did my mock had everyone I wanted taken. My choice would have been to trade the 25th and get more picks. Jacob's was there in 22nd round, which is the reason I took him. I'm starting to like the Iowa State RB Montgomery better now. I watched some of his film. He looks like he would be a better pick.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the top rated RBs have some question marks as far as I'm concerned. that;s why i wouldn't be surprised if Howie trades for a solid RB, plus drafts one later in the draft. I will hate to see Agholor traded, but I trust in Howie/Joe.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Ford is on the board at 25? I like that pick. Possibly get Brown in 2nd round, may have to trade up to get him. He may actually go in first round.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Ford is on the board at 25? I like that pick. Possibly get Brown in 2nd round, may have to trade up to get him. He may actually go in first round.

:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch: Man something really negative would have to come out about him from now until draft day.
I believe the Colts really squashed that whole " don't take an interior linemen in the first round" generalization last year.
I think guys like Ford who can play Guard and Tackle are valued hire on boards.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to give one more "don't be shocked if they pick early" Garrett Bradbury C NC ST
This guy is a text book interior lineman that pulls with so much ease and grace.

I would not be shock to see the Eagles draft him.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to give one more "don't be shocked if they pick early" Garrett Bradbury C NC ST
This guy is a text book interior lineman that pulls with so much ease and grace.

I like that pick.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love Bradbury ... impressive tape and he had a great Combine. Experienced at both C and Guard; plug and play guy. Excellent movement skills and agility ... that counts in our system.

Last edited:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is all over everyone's big boards, highest I saw him was Draft Tek has him sitting #30 overall

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a chance he goes as early as 18 to the Vikings.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to start the LB er debate,

the other 1 st rounder that could fall is these receivers, there are a couple that are really big, not burners but man they are built and have the hands, question is our their heads screwed on right for this level?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to start the LB er debate,

the other 1 st rounder that could fall is these receivers, there are a couple that are really big, not burners but man they are built and have the hands, question is our their heads screwed on right for this level?
Is it really time to find Jeffery's replacement? Let's give Hollins another year and see Agholor in the slot full time and Wentz with THIS full stable.

Then we can decide how to make up this WR corps moving forward. It's a deep class if we want to add some depth in the 4th.