• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma st. Vs Iowa week

Copejunkie

Pain is weakness leaving the body
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the week before the big match where the two most decorated wrestling programs In history square off against each other again. Its #2 vs #3. What are your predictions.

Iowa. Ok. St
125. #2 Lee vs. #4 Piccininni
133. #3 Desanto vs #2 Fix
141. #14 murin vs #13 brock
149 #12 Lugo vs #5 Gfeller
157 #7 Young vs Sheets
165 # 2 Marinelli vs #10 Roger's
174 Bowman vs. #6 Joe Smith
184 #11 Wilke vs #6 Jacobe Smith
197 #4 Warner vs #6 Weigel
285 #8 Stoll vs # 2 White

Copejunkie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give my predictions later need to get some work done.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week always has me on edge. It's the litmus of how we will do come tourney time.

Also, I'm hugely superstitious and won't say who I'm picking for each match and who escapes but I feel this duel will be won by 1-2 points.

Dobsie

ᎠᎩᎷᏨᎢ, ᎠᎩᎪᎲᎢ, ᎠᎩᏠᏒᎢ!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jojo and Jacobe are both about to go down a weight class. I don’t know how this one goes with both of them going to be on the light side.

Plus Gfeller is still hurt.

Sheets is doing good for being thrown in there, but he won’t be wrestling much more this year.

I don’t think this ones close for us.

I will be at the Big 12 tourney though.

Copejunkie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
125 I think Lee wins here he's been hampered by an undisclosed mono like illness this year that has really hurt his energy levels but I feel he can get the job done. 3 to 0 Ia. could be a major if Lee is firing on all cylinders
133 toss up. Fix is really good. He is slick and technically sound. Desanto is tough and has a great motor. If desanto can avoid giving up a couple early takedowns by being to aggressive and out of position he might be able to wear fix down like he did to suriano. But at this point I will give it to fix. 3 to 3
141 Brock hasn't been as good at 141 but murin isn't wrestling well right now.brock takes it. 3 to 6 ok st
149 I'm editing this just saw Dobsies post. I had gfeller winning didnt realize he was still injured. In that case I say lugo wins. 6 to 6
157 young starts slow sometimes but gets the win. 9 to 6 ia

Last edited:

Copejunkie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
165 marinelli is so physical. I dont think Roger's can handle him. Marinelli wins
12 to 6 is
174 bowman is doing yeoman's work here down a weight since both the starter and backup blew their knees out. Smith takes this comfortably. Could be a major. 12 to 9 ia
I think the next two matches are the key to who wins. In my mind both are toss ups
184 wilke can win this match but is frustrating to watch, he has such a good offense when he wants to use it but usually waits around against good wrestlers, gets behind and runs out of time. Smith wins 12 to 12
197 Warner is a little like wilke can be frustrating to watch at times. He has been shy on offense last few matches. I will give it to Warner but could easily go the other way 15 to 12 ia
Hwt white has given stoll problems in the past and stoll isn't the same since the gun shot injury to his leg. In both losses this year he has been ridden out. White takes it. 18 to 18.
Alot depends upon bonus points and upsets. Has the potential to be another classic between the 2 schools. I think that there are 3 maybe 4 toss up matches here that will determine the outcome. Wish I could go to Stillwater and watch it.
Go Hawks

Copejunkie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week always has me on edge. It's the litmus of how we will do come tourney time.

Also, I'm hugely superstitious and won't say who I'm picking for each match and who escapes but I feel this duel will be won by 1-2 points.
Yeah this week always has me on pins and needles. And for this year ok st is the first and only actual big meet iowa has where we will be tested. We had a close one with ia st in early December but our whole team was documented sick with the flu.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about all the legacy kids starting at major schools.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what your saying here.

20% of OSU's team is the offspring of a OSU national champion. (Joe Smith & Wyatt Sheets)

Daton Fix is the son & nephew of OSU wrestlers. Grandpas wrestled at BYU and Northern Colorado.

Copejunkie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20% of OSU's team is the offspring of a OSU national champion. (Joe Smith & Wyatt Sheets)

Daton Fix is the son & nephew of OSU wrestlers. Grandpas wrestled at BYU and Northern Colorado.
Ok I understand now, yeah that is pretty cool. Iowa has Terry Brands son on the team as a true freshman this year. Last several years Tom Ryan got to coach his son at Ohio st. Though he wasnt a legacy there. Also Perry was at ok st several years ago now, John Smith's nephew.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I understand now, yeah that is pretty cool. Iowa has Terry Brands son on the team as a true freshman this year. Last several years Tom Ryan got to coach his son at Ohio st. Though he wasnt a legacy there. Also Perry was at ok st several years ago now, John Smith's nephew.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

Still thinking about going to the dual?

I am going if I'm not working.

Copejunkie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

Still thinking about going to the dual?

I am going if I'm not working.
I'm nearly 41. I would love to go but with chores and other things going on probably not going to get away. Watching a dual in Stillwater is on the list of things that I want to do.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm nearly 41. I would love to go but with chores and other things going on probably not going to get away. Watching a dual in Stillwater is on the list of things that I want to do.

If I go, I will post some pics.

Stillwater ain't much, but is often referred to as "the pussy capital of the world".

Copejunkie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I go, I will post some pics.

Stillwater ain't much, but is often referred to as "the pussy capital of the world".
Great would like to see some pics.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow wrestling that closely.

I only went to one match in college. It was us vs Minnesota-no. 1 vs no. 2. Roller got pinned in the 2nd match which was a major swing and everyone around me was groaning because it meant we were gonna lose. It bothered me that one mistake cost us the entire thing.

The guys in the know say the next couple of years we are legit title contenders again

Copejunkie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow wrestling that closely.

I only went to one match in college. It was us vs Minnesota-no. 1 vs no. 2. Roller got pinned in the 2nd match which was a major swing and everyone around me was groaning because it meant we were gonna lose. It bothered me that one mistake cost us the entire thing.

The guys in the know say the next couple of years we are legit title contenders again
Yeah for the next couple years both our teams should be squarely in the hunt. Penn st. Looses a couple studs but will still be there as will Ohio st. And Michigan too, but the fire power we each have coming in and have coming back puts us both right there at the top as long as Olympic redshirts aren't used.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah for the next couple years both our teams should be squarely in the hunt. Penn st. Looses a couple studs but will still be there as will Ohio st. And Michigan too, but the fire power we each have coming in and have coming back puts us both right there at the top as long as Olympic redshirts aren't used.

It's only a matter of time before Penn State gets thrown back down the stairs. Their Nittany Lion Wrestling Academy was recently deemed "legal" by the NCAA so say a Hawkeye Academy and Cowboy Academy got built as well now that it's in the clear, Penn will go back to being the Designated Ugly Fat Friend to the two of us.

I still think that whole thing is damn ridiculous but I digress, if you can't beat, join em, especially now that it "isn't" cheating.

Copejunkie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only a matter of time before Penn State gets thrown back down the stairs. Their Nittany Lion Wrestling Academy was recently deemed "legal" by the NCAA so say a Hawkeye Academy and Cowboy Academy got built as well now that it's in the clear, Penn will go back to being the Designated Ugly Fat Friend to the two of us.

I still think that whole thing is damn ridiculous but I digress, if you can't beat, join em, especially now that it "isn't" cheating.
To me the stuff that's going on at Penn st. Is changing college wrestling and not for the better. When you can just stock pile the kind of talent that they have over the last few years its concerning for the health of the sport. I guess both our programs need to find a couple rich uncles too now.