• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok seriously, wtf.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per BroadStBull tweets

Schenn has a concussion, and Pronger is out indefinitely with concussion-like symptoms.

So Schenn went from upper body injury, thought to be a shoulder, to having a concussion.

And Pronger went from virus, to knee surgery, to concussion? What the hell kind of virus did he get!?

btw: i told you guys this summer that pronger's career was pretty much over.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per BroadStBull tweets

Schenn has a concussion, and Pronger is out indefinitely with concussion-like symptoms.

So Schenn went from upper body injury, thought to be a shoulder, to having a concussion.

And Pronger went from virus, to knee surgery, to concussion? What the hell kind of virus did he get!?

If Pronger retires his salary comes off the cap just like you wanted so a concussion may suit us well.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per BroadStBull tweets

I just read this and I'm saying wtf. I think Pronger is done. Unfortunately I really do think his days are over. This sucks big time. Who's going to replace a guy like this? I'd hate to ruin the chemistry we have.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if hes done for good then we have alot of cap to get someone. I think he'll be back February/March. Just because hes Chris Pronger

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news here. Man this guy has turned to glass.
Lets grab McCabe while we can
Probably get him cheap

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also a little more worried about Shenn then Pronger. Sure Prongs is our beast captain, but Shenn is our future. I hope is pure percautions with him

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey fellas Pronger is over 35, so if he retires, his cap hit doesn't go off the books. The Flyers will have to do what they did with Rathjie and Lapperirre and put him on LTIR at the start of every year.

Pronger is not gonna retire yet anyways. IMO

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kerr is 100% correct. But, I think it is a bit premature to end his career right now. He got hit in the eye pretty good. Coming from someone who has had 4 eye surgeries in the last year, the headaches and nausea from eye trauma suck. I am not compating myself to him, but I can compare my symptoms to his, and they aren't necessarily career ending for him.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey fellas Pronger is over 35, so if he retires, his cap hit doesn't go off the books. The Flyers will have to do what they did with Rathjie and Lapperirre and put him on LTIR at the start of every year.

I think this is the route we will go. Pronger will just not retire...and that will benefit us when we want to LTIR him in the beginning of the season. Of course, we will have to give him his shot to see if he can play so we don't upset him and he retires to fuck us in the ass.

I don't think this is the end, but it is very very very bad. I say sit him out this year until the playoffs. Rest his entire body and see if he can heal over time.If not, I think it will be many failed attempts to return followed by visits to the LTIR.

Also, like noted above, the Schenn injury realllllllly scares me. This kid cannot catch a break right now. It it is a concussion, we need to pull a Crosby and sit him for the year. Not worth risking the future for a guy we just don't need right now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yup yup.. what kerr said.. my concern is that since the contract came under scrutiny when it was signed and the flyers have gotten away with the perma-LTIR thing twice in the past (rathje and now lappy), that they may decide to punish the flyers this time.. because that is definitely circumventing the cap

i could be wrong, and if that's the case, i'd be perfectly ok with him going to LTIR for the rest of his career.. i obviously dont consider him of the same importance as you guys lol

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yup yup.. what kerr said.. my concern is that since the contract came under scrutiny when it was signed and the flyers have gotten away with the perma-LTIR thing twice in the past (rathje and now lappy), that they may decide to punish the flyers this time.. because that is definitely circumventing the cap

i could be wrong, and if that's the case, i'd be perfectly ok with him going to LTIR for the rest of his career.. i obviously dont consider him of the same importance as you guys lol

I don't think they can limit it as long as we don't cheat. Pronger is going to have a fair shot at proving he is healthy enough to play in the NHL every year. No doubt he will be trying his hardest to make it and if he passes all the tests, we can't LTIR him.

Again, if we try and force him tot he LTIR I think that could piss him off and we would retire. Not good.

This whole situation is very very very bad. Damnit Homer.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not the Pronger hater that some are, (and it really doesn't make sense, but to each his own). I am upset at the seemingly endless string of injuries he has suffered though.

What I am finding more upsetting is that both players have concussions.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man seriously, You guys are funny, it says he has Concussion LIKE symptoms, why? Oh I suppose when any of us are hit with a follow through by a hockey stick in the face, you could be considered to have concussion like symptoms. I See them just observing him a little longer because it was a head trauma type injury. There are serious new guidelines to follow, and I'm sure Pronger and the upper Brass want him 100% healthy for his return. Even if he sits for another month to fully recover, I'm good with that, because realistically, I'd rather have him cleaning Clocks in the Playoffs then exhausting himself Game after game. I say sit him until one month left in the season, let him get back and get up to playing speed for the playoffs, then enter the playoffs like a Demon from hell and go balls out.. Either ay we are winning without him. Our Forwards are making life a lot easier on the D by the awesome back checking they are doing.. The Pens game was an exception, we got tired in the 3rd, the Buffalo game just caught up with us..

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer on Pronger:

"While Chris’s knee is improving, he has struggled with other issues that are concussion-like symptoms. Chris will see Dr. Joe Maroon and Dr. Mickey Collins on Wednesday, December 14th in Pittsburgh for further evaluation. Chris will be out indefinitely."

Homer on Schenn:

"Brayden reported “not feeling himself” on December 5th. Our doctors believe he has a mild concussion. Brayden will be out indefinitely."

Here's the whole interview - Holmgren: Pronger Out Indefinitely - Philadelphia Flyers - News

Last edited by a moderator: