• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK Guys, Let's Get Some Updates After Spring Practice

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been able to spend as much time as I like. Any feedback on the team...

Who is the early front runner at QB?
Who is going to step up for Ajayi?
Is the Defense looking as solid as it should with all the returners?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been able to spend as much time as I like. Any feedback on the team...

Who is the early front runner at QB?
Who is going to step up for Ajayi?
Is the Defense looking as solid as it should with all the returners?

What up, Mike? I've been following as closely as I can. As you know the coaches are often tight-lipped about this stuff and practices are closed to the public and media, etc., but here's what I know. Right now Harsin is saying that Finley is the early leader, mostly due to his "experience" if you can call it that. He said yesterday the current pecking order is Finley, Stuart, Ogle, and then Rypien, but he also admitted that order is based solely on seniority. In yesterday's presser he said stuff like "Finley's been doing some really good things out there," "Stuart is leaps and bounds better than he was last year," "Ogle can really spin it and has the best arm of the group," and "Rypien has been committed and working very hard." He said in general he's pleased with the QB play, but thinks that the fall is when we'll really start seeing some separation. He hopes to name a starter about 10 days or so before the Washington game. The main guy to fill in for Ajayi is most likely going to be McNichols who unfortunately has been out all spring with hernia which is a shame because he mostly played out of the slot last year and could have used the valuable spring experience lining up in the backfield. Harsin said he's asked that Fields, Demas, and Young commit to running more downhill and they've since responded. I really like Demas. He's a speedster and he should have had more carries last year in my opinion. Jack Fields is supposedly a great kid and great teammate, but I'm sorry, that guy sucks on the field. He's horrible. I hate to say this but I'm glad he's a senior (finally). Ironically he's the highest rated RB Boise's landed in their school history. Another thing to note is that Charles Bertoli has recently quit the team to pursue his dreams of being a pilot. That's a shame because I loved how tough that kid ran. I always thought he deserved more touches. And from what I understand from the defense, the D line has been crushing it, no big surprise considering how deep they are. Harsin said yesterday the battles with the O line have been epic and they've been making each other better because "steel sharpens steel." I haven't heard much about the LBs, but we're loaded there. The hope is to move Vallejo back to his natural LB spot as he was almost somewhat of a nickel safety last year due to Boise being thin at that position which they are again this spring with James out with the blown knee who I think is an absolute stud by the way. They hope to have him ready for the opener, but also said that it's going to be close. So far his recovery is ahead of schedule. That's about all I can think of for now, but hopefully it's helpful. Is it September yet?

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not go to the spring game this year, first one I have missed in years. I still think the QB job is wide open, from what i have read in the paper, none of them had great stats. But not all of them had time with first team.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now our QB Finley, is getting drunk and running from the cops. Might open up the QB race.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really want to see Rypien redshirt, but in a pinch he could be the guy. Have we heard any official word on Finleys future status with the team?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should redshirt him too which we probably will. Coming in and being the guy as a true freshman is so tough, a bit much to ask. I'm excited about the kid though. They say he's been putting in overtime in the weight and film room and working his ass off which you have to love. He's fully committed.

The decision on Findley is expected to be handed down soon. I sure as hell hope it doesn't come down in the form of a one game suspension because if it does it sounds like Stuart will be the starter for the Washington opener. That would be a shame because supposedly Findley had a really nice spring. And hey, the kid was drinking. When the cops approached the car he was in, he got scared and ran. Nearly all of us have been there before (drank when we were underage). I'd like to see them punish him internally for something I consider to be fairly harmless in nature, but you if you would punish one kid for it, you have to be consistent with the next. It should be interesting to see how they handle it.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should redshirt him too which we probably will. Coming in and being the guy as a true freshman is so tough, a bit much to ask. I'm excited about the kid though. They say he's been putting in overtime in the weight and film room and working his ass off which you have to love. He's fully committed.

The decision on Findley is expected to be handed down soon. I sure as hell hope it doesn't come down in the form of a one game suspension because if it does it sounds like Stuart will be the starter for the Washington opener. That would be a shame because supposedly Findley had a really nice spring. And hey, the kid was drinking. When the cops approached the car he was in, he got scared and ran. Nearly all of us have been there before (drank when we were underage). I'd like to see them punish him internally for something I consider to be fairly harmless in nature, but you if you would punish one kid for it, you have to be consistent with the next. It should be interesting to see how they handle it.

I would like to think that our starting QB could run faster than the cops.