• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Oily sharks series ghost board thread

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well, that game looked like the coaches switched benches. up 3-1 with under 2 minutes left in the 2nd period and the sharks just stopped playing. Outshot 35-14 in the final 2 periods and OT. Basically, they just stopped playing. Jones was amazing, and it's a shame for him, but this is one of the most disappointing games Ive watched in a looooong time, as there is no reason a team with the sharks experience should totally stop skating and just dump it out over and over and over again for some 50 straight minutes. I mean, they straight up panicked like little puppies. They had the stranglehold in the series at 3-1 late in the 2nd, and just may have blown the season.

It's interesting because deboer coached game 4 SO well. and seemed to be in good shape tonight too. What the fuck did he tell his guys after schlemko scored?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, I know mcdavid played 30 mins, but braun and vlasic played 34 minutes while schlemko and dillor played 19 each. Now granted, I dont think much of that bottom pair, but I wonder if the shutdown pair was just dog tired at the end there. Braun looked absolutely exhausted. I wonder if edmonton was able to outchange the sharks too...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, I know mcdavid played 30 mins, but braun and vlasic played 34 minutes while schlemko and dillor played 19 each. Now granted, I dont think much of that bottom pair, but I wonder if the shutdown pair was just dog tired at the end there. Braun looked absolutely exhausted. I wonder if edmonton was able to outchange the sharks too...
That was a big part of it, Tmac relies heavily on that he did it in SJ as well. I'm nktba stats guy but I guess Dillion and Schlemko both post positive possession numbers against Mcdavid. Either 25+ minutes of dumping the puck will lose any hockey game. After the score was 3-2 the sharks should've went back on the attack but nope

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel worse about this game than losing the Stanley Cup Finals. It's like the Sharks just decided to stop playing tonight. They gave themselves zero chance to win in OT.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a coaching fuck up plain and simple

Can see why Deboer had short coaching stints in NJ and FLA. Absolute garbage and a fucking joke giving that game away to those lowlife scumbags. Those lowlife, worthless criminal fuckers in the league office and "player safety dept." got what they wanted and must be happy right now.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel worse about this game than losing the Stanley Cup Finals. It's like the Sharks just decided to stop playing tonight. They gave themselves zero chance to win in OT.

Another chapter in the thick book of agony that's Sharks playoff hockey.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That was a surprising laydown after the 3-1 lead and after so much success by being aggressive in Game 4. You can't do that in the playoffs. Did McLellan somehow clone himself into DeBoer?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another chapter in the thick book of agony that's Sharks playoff hockey.

Yup. That's why I was still happy last year even though the Sharks lost the Stanley Cup Finals. I never expected the Sharks to ever make it that far. It was a fun ride despite the bad ending.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a surprising laydown after the 3-1 lead and after so much success by being aggressive in Game 4. You can't do that in the playoffs. Did McLellan somehow clone himself into DeBoer?

It's hard to believe, but maybe some guys were dealing with injuries. Either that, or everyone was gassed from the 20 minute penalty kill attempt that was the third period. The result in OT was depressingly very predictable.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But the question is WHY did Deboer do that?? He never does prevent D shit... How do you hve the guys go full out 60 mins in a 7-0 game, then tell them to put the brakes on an play prevent D for 30 mins in a 3-1/3-2 game?? Thats what is so baffling to me and makes me so mad. Ive never seen D have them play like that before. That was straight out of Todds book of "Coaching for Idiots"...

This is definitely a momentum changer and IMO the series is officially lost -- ALL because of Coach Ds bonehead call.... My question is tho -- do you fire him if they lose?? Cause that was a pretty glaring HUGE mistake. Thats like leaving the back door open in an armored truck size mistake...

And yes Todd used to do it all the time and cost them games, but that was his style from day 1 and we all hated it... That was never D's style, so why do it so suddenly in such a big game, in the middle of a series?

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"So let it be written, so let it be done". That ends an era. I think the 2017/2018 Sharks will look much different than we have seen in a long time. Probably the last time we see Marleau and Thornton here. Face it, this team is old!!! Really old. I think the only keepers are Jones, Vlasic, Burns, Couture. And we need our young forwards to start producing and developing. We need one to become like a Leon Draisaitl. Young forwards never seem to reach their potential here. Not since Couture. Hertl when is he going to produce like we all thought he would? Donskoi? Regressing. Karlsson, Tierney, LeBanc...blah. They would be wise to use the Thornton and Marleau money to bring in some younger scoring talent if there are any good free agents out there. Plus, it may be time to move Pavelski too while he still has value. Time to make drastic changes or this team could really suck next year. This is a critical offseason more than any in a long time.

P.S. How many years in a row does Edmonton win the Pacific Division now starting next year?

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"So let it be written, so let it be done". That ends an era. I think the 2017/2018 Sharks will look much different than we have seen in a long time. Probably the last time we see Marleau and Thornton here. Face it, this team is old!!! Really old. I think the only keepers are Jones, Vlasic, Burns, Couture. And we need our young forwards to start producing and developing. We need one to become like a Leon Draisaitl. Young forwards never seem to reach their potential here. Not since Couture. Hertl when is he going to produce like we all thought he would? Donskoi? Regressing. Karlsson, Tierney, LeBanc...blah. They would be wise to use the Thornton and Marleau money to bring in some younger scoring talent if there are any good free agents out there. Plus, it may be time to move Pavelski too while he still has value. Time to make drastic changes or this team could really suck next year. This is a critical offseason more than any in a long time.

P.S. How many years in a row does Edmonton win the Pacific Division now starting next year?

The pressure and scrutiny should really be on Doug Wilson. If this offseason goes poorly, it's time for him to go. He has had more than enough time to build a Stanley Cup winning team.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cant really bash this season & playoffs at all... It came down to 1 game - Game 5 and that was ALL on Coach D for the one of the worst decisions in SJs recent history... Cant blame the players - they did exactly what they were told to do....
Game 6 coulda been a tie/win had Pavs buried that shot... The other losses in the series were horrendous 5 hole goals from Jones (another crappy 5 hole goal in game 6, even tho it was a breakaway, it was still 5 hole once again)... The Sharks never were out of any game and were never really out played.
Only time I was disappointed in the teams play this playoffs was OT in game 5 --- but by then they were dead tired and had all the wind taken out of their sails after basically playing a 30PK thanks to Coach D....

I always call for there heads but I say keep Marleau & Thornton AT A MAJOR DISCOUNT PRICE -- they are UFAs... It HAS to be a MAJOR discount to keep them. 3.5-4M range... Ad forwards with the extra money... Lose Ward to Vegas. Look for a replacement for Martin... Dump Dillon...