• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State will blow out PSU..

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that they are no longer held hostage at QB by JT Barrett they will win this one with ease. Still dont like their defense (especially now with Bosa out) but it's good enough with an actual QB this year.

Ohio State 59
PSU 34

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if this is a serious thread or an attempt at a jinx.

PSU always plays OSU tough. I don't see them getting caught flat footed, like they did with Appy. I think OSU will win, but it won't be a blowout.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if this is a serious thread or an attempt at a jinx.

PSU always plays OSU tough. I don't see them getting caught flat footed, like they did with Appy. I think OSU will win, but it won't be a blowout.
Yeah, this will not be a blowout. I understand PSU doesn't have Barkley, Gesicki, and that WR (forget his name), but they still have McSorely who is a fuel threat QB. It's a tough environment to play.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this will not be a blowout. I understand PSU doesn't have Barkley, Gesicki, and that WR (forget his name), but they still have McSorely who is a fuel threat QB. It's a tough environment to play.

Not to mention they like to treat it like the national championship every year

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that they are no longer held hostage at QB by JT Barrett they will win this one with ease. Still dont like their defense (especially now with Bosa out) but it's good enough with an actual QB this year.

Ohio State 59
PSU 34
I've felt all year that TCU was being overhyped because their offense wasn't going to be up to par. (While I wasn't a Kenny Hill fan, he was experienced in their offense.)

After watching the TCU/Texas game, I think you may be correct on the Buckeye defense. tOSU defense may not be as good or any better than Texas on the defesive side. (tOSU looks a hell of a lot better on the offensive side)

Stats indicate you could be correct. And most of TCU's yardage against tOSU was early in the game when Bosa was playing. One big "but" though in comparing these. Could be familiarity. Texas is used to seeing an offense similar to TCU 6-7 times every year.

vs OSU
Total Yards 511
Rushing 203 (36, 5.6 per)
Passing 308 (24/40, 7.7 per)

vs Texas
Total Yards 372
Rushing 141 (32, 4.4 per)
Passing 231 (20/40 5.8 per)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention they like to treat it like the national championship every year
Exactly! One thing I will mention though is PSU is not used to seeing a Buckeye QB who is an effective and extremely accurate passer, if they continue to stack the box like years past when JT was here, it's going to be a long night. I think the key is to be not muffing the point returns and penalties. I just don't see Haskins making a boneheaded play like a pick 6. ST will be my main concern.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! One thing I will mention though is PSU is not used to seeing a Buckeye QB who is an effective and extremely accurate passer, if they continue to stack the box like years past when JT was here, it's going to be a long night. I think the key is to be not muffing the point returns and penalties. I just don't see Haskins making a boneheaded play like a pick 6. ST will be my main concern.

Gotta see how he does in what will be by far the most hostile environment he has ever played in