• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh FFS! Mrs. Mayfield has some thin skin.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker Mayfield's Wife Goes After Browns Reporters Now Too

BAKER MAYFIELD WIFE GOES AFTER BROWNS REPORTERS NOW TOO.

BREAKING NEWS Getty Composite

Baker Mayfield isn't the only one in his family ripping Cleveland Browns reporters in public -- his wife is getting in on the action too!!

After the Browns lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers (sealed by a Mayfield interception) Emily Mayfield went on social media Sunday to blast Browns beat reporter Mary Kay Cabot.

Cabot had asked Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens about his decision towear a "Pittsburgh Started It" shirt before the game ... a clear reference to the Myles Garrett helmet attack incident a few weeks ago.

@gvartwork Emily Mayfield had an issue with Cabot's decision to ask the COMPLETELY FAIR question ... and took to Twitter to call her out. "Why is this the focus of your questions? MUCH more to focus on than that.... @MaryKayCabot."

Cabot responded, "I asked exactly one t-shirt question after the game. I asked Baker what he thought of it, and he defended Kitchens, which I thought was pretty cool. He gave a great answer, saying 'I’ve done much worse.' Funny, and struck the right note."

@gvartwork When a fan chimed in and sarcastically pressed Emily, she stood her ground. "Please Mrs. Baker enlighten all of us as to what the focus should be on? Questionable play calling, veterans missing practice, inability to get the ball to playmakers, inability to have guys coming off injury and know the playbook, poor clock management? Where should we focus?"

Mayfield wrote back, "Football, in general, would be a good start." Obviously, Cabot is in the right here ... Kitchens intentionally wore a controversial, provocative shirt referencing the BIGGEST controversy in football this year. Plus, as Cabot mentions in her article, a Steelers player said it "motivated" the team to beat Cleveland.

Of course, reporters should ask Kitchens about the shirt. What's funny is just a few weeks ago, Baker Mayfield blasted a Browns reporterfor asking football questions ... and kept pointing out the reporter didn't know what he was talking about because he never played in the NFL.
Anyone know if Emily has any experience as a pro reporter?

She really needs to stay out of this and he should tell her as much, She's making it seem like he needs to be defended against big bad Mary Kay Cabot. If I'm one of his teammates, I am giving him so much shit for this.

I know this post probably reeks of a guy who is not married and no wife is going to be censored by her husband in 2019. But the last thing I'd want if I'm in the public eye is my wife having to fight my battles for me.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why she is defensive though?

Baker was very candid and honest there? It's a shirt for fuck's sake.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker Mayfield's Wife Goes After Browns Reporters Now Too

She really needs to stay out of this and he should tell her as much, She's making it seem like he needs to be defended against big bad Mary Kay Cabot. If I'm one of his teammates, I am giving him so much shit for this.

I know this post probably reeks of a guy who is not married and no wife is going to be censored by her husband in 2019. But the last thing I'd want if I'm in the public eye is my wife having to fight my battles for me.
Even worse is both Emily and the reporter BOTH are employed by Channel 3 (NBC) here. Of course, one of them earned her position and the other is, well, the wife of the QB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why she is defensive though?

Baker was very candid and honest there? It's a shirt for fuck's sake.
Agree....a question that should have been asked and I definitely like his answer.

As far as the shirt? A coach should not have been wearing that shirt in public. Not why they lost, but he should know better. He is clearly not a "leader of men".

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a little early to be running Mayfield out of town. This sure doesn’t help things though.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A totally legitimate question by the reporter. I mean, what kind of coach wears a shirt like that?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a little early to be running Mayfield out of town. This sure doesn’t help things though.
win games and no one will care what his wife says.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised.

Prepare for attacks in this thread though. You aren’t allowed to talk negatively about Baker. The guy has always heard questionable character and helicopter parents. It is not surprising he would marry someone who likes the attention as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A totally legitimate question by the reporter. I mean, what kind of coach wears a shirt like that?
Exactly!! He is supposed to be the guy who tells his players to be smart and not wear shirts like that in public......though I guess that one would be harmless. For a player. coach is supposed to be the adult.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised.

Prepare for attacks in this thread though. You aren’t allowed to talk negatively about Baker. The guy has always heard questionable character and helicopter parents. It is not surprising he would marry someone who likes the attention as well.
Have to say way too many refuse to see in the middle on this guy. They are either complete fanboys or are critical about everything the kid does.

Me? I still think he has the talent to be a stud QB. Probably needs a better HC running the show. In addition, wouldn't bother me if he grew up.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
win games and no one will care what his wife says.
It’s the Browns. The high water mark for QB in the last 40 years is Bernie Kosar. He should ascribe to be at least that good and then he can have people violently defend him from reporters.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know he was already married. What's he thinking? As a star NFL QB, you want to be single at least throughout your 20's.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That commercial w the smoke detector in the stadium is lol though

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know he was already married. What's he thinking? As a star NFL QB, you want to be single at least throughout your 20's.

He stalked her on Instagram.....match made in Heaven.....

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the saying?

If you can't stand the heat get rid of the Kitchens.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks his career is going to be so short. Lil guy's circus is entertaining as hell.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd expect much more from a plastic surgery patient coordinator turned nightmare celebrity wife. I smell a reality tv show in someone's future!

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say way too many refuse to see in the middle on this guy. They are either complete fanboys or are critical about everything the kid does.

Me? I still think he has the talent to be a stud QB. Probably needs a better HC running the show. In addition, wouldn't bother me if he grew up.
No doubt. Dude is a good qb, acts like a douche. Bill belichick, amazing HC smug asshole. Jason Garrett, seems like a nice guy, shit coach.
Can’t always have it both ways, which one are you willing to put up with or turn a blind eye to?