• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Wishes

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the Bengals are kinda cheap, this would be my ideal situation for the offseason...

Draft:
#1 - LB Devin White, LSU
#2 - QB Daniel Jones, Duke
#3 - OT Trey Adams, Washington
#4 - TE Kaden Smith, Stanford
#5 - DT Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois

Release
Burfict
Kirkpatrick

Resign
Dennard
Ringo

Extend
Green

Free Agency
WR Tyrell Williams, LAC
OLB Preston Smith, WAS
CB Bryce Callahan, CHI
RT Seantrel Henderson, HOU

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not interested in the kid from Duke, but think someone will be interested in taking him way too early (first round).

Dre still has a bit of a cap hit to deal with if you want to release him. I don't think he's worth the 9 million base salary, but if his cap hit is 4.5 millions, I don't see the point in cutting him. You're not getting a replacement that is better for just 4.5 million. I'd keep him and see if he has more value in the new DC's system.

I'd absolutely cut Burfict.

I'd like to see Dennard retained but I'm worried he's going to leave and get overpaid. I'd also like to see us start working an extension with Tyler Boyd.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that QB from Duke is not moving my needle. If we don't get Haskins or Murray, then I'm good. Tank for next year's draft.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not interested in the kid from Duke, but think someone will be interested in taking him way too early (first round).

Dre still has a bit of a cap hit to deal with if you want to release him. I don't think he's worth the 9 million base salary, but if his cap hit is 4.5 millions, I don't see the point in cutting him. You're not getting a replacement that is better for just 4.5 million. I'd keep him and see if he has more value in the new DC's system.

I'd absolutely cut Burfict.

I'd like to see Dennard retained but I'm worried he's going to leave and get overpaid. I'd also like to see us start working an extension with Tyler Boyd.

Okay, sub Grier for Jones. Agree on extension for Boyd.

I can see what you are saying about Kirkpatrick, but we will have to agree to disagree as I think Phillips would be a better alternative than Kirkpatrick. Too much money, too many fouls, too many times getting burnt. You are right about the new coordinator, but unless he can unteach Kirkpatrick all of his bad habits, it is not worth it. Take the hit this year for Kirkpatrick to free up cap for next year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not drafting a QB - not this year.

Dre is not getting released. You can just stop. I know it's a dream wish list, but...not happening.

I'd re-sign Boyd over AJ. I think Boyd's contract is up after next year and as he is the younger guy, who has shown he can be a legit option without Green, he should be the priority. I love Green, but he's been rather injury prone over the last few years (or am I miss remembering???) and he's getting up there in age. If you are going to use your money elsewhere, I'd rather pay a little less for Boyd, and look at drafting a WR opposite of him.

Need a TE that can stretch the middle. Eifert will be cheap, and I'm fine with him getting a minimum salary with incentives, but there still has to be someone drafted to replace his production when he is hurt and placed on IR in week 3.

OL upgrade

LB upgrade

DL upgrade - though injury hit this position pretty hard, and I think some guys showed a lot of good things with the injuries at the end of the year.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you sign AJ early (a year before his contract comes due), he'll come at a good price. In that case, I would do it. I agree that we should probably start facing the fact that his best days are likely going to be coming to a close.... And the wheels could come off in a hurry. But I'd gamble that he has a couple of productive years left and he scares the hell out of defensive coordinators. He also seems to be a good teammate and is good for the culture with a new coach. That said, I agree that Boyd should be the bigger priority. I think he's just scratching the surface of how good he'll eventually be.

A few average linebackers would go a long way.... But I also wonder how bad the coaching has been. Minter had his worst year here.... Preston Brown had his worst year here. We haven't developed anyone worth a shit since we developed Burfict.... And he's clearly slipped since the days of Zimmer. Maybe a new coach can get something out of the young guys on the roster.

Definitely the time to build the lines. Start building the team right and when Andy's contract is up in a few years, make the decision that you're either riding him for another postseason run or going with a rookie.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9TIPE4e.jpg

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that picture supposed to make him look small? Or is he just tiny?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here' the thing about Murray.... If you draft him, doesn't he decide that maybe he should just play baseball? I mean, we still have Carson Palmer running around telling people our franchise can't win. Same Carson that signed a second contract with the club, but I digress... But, with all the negativity around the Bengals franchise - some warranted and some bullshit - why would he play here?

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here' the thing about Murray.... If you draft him, doesn't he decide that maybe he should just play baseball? I mean, we still have Carson Palmer running around telling people our franchise can't win. Same Carson that signed a second contract with the club, but I digress... But, with all the negativity around the Bengals franchise - some warranted and some bullshit - why would he play here?

The same Carson that threw a pick 6 seemingly every game? Are people still buying whatever he's selling?

Who are we kidding. It's the Bengals.

Some warranted yeah. But mostly bullshit. It's beginning to be tiresome. Even the franchises who can't even muster up a winning record in a season get their dick sucked over us now.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Noah Fant - TE?

Dalton needs his short game, quick dumps. Our TE's are adequate, but it's a noticeable drop in talent when Eifert gets hurt every year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno about Fant, but I did think that Kroft did a really good job previously when Eifert went down. Too bad this past year he didn't get a chance to build off that.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Taylor even uses his TE's that much. As it seems to me he is more a spread / single back, 3 WR type of coordinator who loves to use the hell out of his RB's to do a lot of screens or check downs on passing plays. However, I am sure if we are able to resign Eifert for a year he would use him spread out at times like McDaniels does with Gronk.

Taylor would probably be the main offensive coordinator, but it is rumored that the type of offensive coordinator he would hire would specialize in 3rd down and red zone offense to pair with his wide open spread offense. Defense would need a quality vet like Del Rio.

May be the perfect type of system for Kyler Murray. Get away from the line of scrimmage, let him see more of the field, move him around a bit on roll outs, QB options. Really disappointed we lost Pollack as our offensive line coach, but honestly, I think we are only a good RT away on the oline as long as we make use of Westerman at RG.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the Bengals drafting a QB. Not in the range where anyone of impact would be, anyway.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just saying, at pick 11, Murray could be there. Taylor may want his QB. The spread offense with single back and a mobile QB could be perfect for the system that Taylor will be employing. Not saying it will happen, but I am sure it would go into consideration if Murray is sitting there at #11. Issue you have then is Murray going, ummm..I am not going to Cincinnati, I will stick with baseball, and then we lose our draft pick. So risk on our side going that route. After those two though (Haskins and Murray) I don't think there is another 1st round QB in this draft.