• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they move Snell before the season starts, cuz he is just another of the combo guards we have. He was cheering the team on during the summer league, did not grow his hair back so I dont have alot of hope for him.
Im done with Snell. Just not a good player. He plays SG/SF. I think we might be able to get a 2nd rd pick. I think he battles it out with Dinwiddle for a spot. Im a little surprised Bulls didnt want snell to play in the summer league.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really never saw anyone past their second year in summer league and there is a D League team to fill a roster for now too.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really never saw anyone past their second year in summer league and there is a D League team to fill a roster for now too.
There are a lot of players that play past year 2. I forgot but Minn had that guy that has been in the league for like 5 years. He is the one that hit all those 3's in the championship game. There are also a lot of D league players that play this summer league a lot. If snell is on the bubble he should of played.

There are 15 spots on the team. I forgot the 1 player we just signed Issiah Canaan He is another Guard. Here is my best guess at the 15 spots;

SG/SF Jimmy Butler
C- Lopez
PF- Mirotic
PF/C- Gibson
SG- Wade
PG- Rondo
SG/SF McDermott
C- Felicio
PG- J. Grant
G- Issiah Canaan
PF- Portis
G- Valentine
F- Zipser
SG/SF- Snell
G- Dinwiddie

Snell and Dinwiddie will be #14 and #15 on the bench. I dont get the Canaan deal because that means Him, valentine will fight for Spot #13 and #12.

Depth Chart:
C- Lopez/Felicio/Gibson
PF- Gibson/Mirotic/Portis
SF-Butler/McDermott/Snell
SG- Wade/Valentine/Canaan
PG- Rondo/Grant/Dinwiddie/Valentine

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bench needs to come with energy, so Portis, Felicio, McDermott will probably play with Jimmy moving to the 2 when Wade is out for the rest with Grant running the team. Jimmy might get a blow when Wade returns to leave McDermott out. Considering the injuries to Gibson, Wade, Butler, and Brain farts by Rondo, the team is stacked pretty well. Just depends if they will rest Wade and Lopez on back to back nights. I think Portis plays alot, will still probably see Gibson moved by the deadline or another team losing their PF early.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bench needs to come with energy, so Portis, Felicio, McDermott will probably play with Jimmy moving to the 2 when Wade is out for the rest with Grant running the team. Jimmy might get a blow when Wade returns to leave McDermott out. Considering the injuries to Gibson, Wade, Butler, and Brain farts by Rondo, the team is stacked pretty well. Just depends if they will rest Wade and Lopez on back to back nights. I think Portis plays alot, will still probably see Gibson moved by the deadline or another team losing their PF early.
Yeah I agree with most. I think we see a lot of Portis, Gibson will get traded. They arent going to resign him so why not get something for him. Management just needs to be smart and move him to the West. Not like MDJ going to the Cavs. Still dont get that one. They arent the smartest. I like McDermott. I think he will be a great bench player for years to come. He is a better all around version then Kover. Not saying he is better now but his ceiling. He plays better D, more athletic and can shoot just as well.

It wouldnt shock me if Bulls are struggling next year that they move Butler at the deadline.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was dumbfounded when they resigned dunleavy after last year knowing he was coming off back surgery and McDermott was gonna fill his spot. I dont think Doug is as accurate as Korver, he is definitely better than Dunleavy with the bonus of going hard to the rim and dunking.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was dumbfounded when they resigned dunleavy after last year knowing he was coming off back surgery and McDermott was gonna fill his spot. I dont think Doug is as accurate as Korver, he is definitely better than Dunleavy with the bonus of going hard to the rim and dunking.
Yeah he isnt as accurate but he is right there and he does all the other things better. Overall he will be better then Kover in my opinion. Kover might be the better shooter but oall around game Mcdermott will end up better.

Oh yeah he is way better then MDJ. I still dont get why they traded him to cavs. Why help them out.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls probably got good enough to make the post season this year, but nothing else. I am baffled by the moves though. You get an offensive minded coach who's philosophy is to take most shots in the paint or 3 balls. Then you replace a poor shooting pg with an even poorer shooter. Then you get Dwayne Wade who's game is mid range heavy at this age. They just don't fit. You can't really complain right now since the formations of two super teams.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls probably got good enough to make the post season this year, but nothing else. I am baffled by the moves though. You get an offensive minded coach who's philosophy is to take most shots in the paint or 3 balls. Then you replace a poor shooting pg with an even poorer shooter. Then you get Dwayne Wade who's game is mid range heavy at this age. They just don't fit. You can't really complain right now since the formations of two super teams.

I dont know if thats his philosophy. This is a motion heavy offense, it started that way at the beginning of last year but all derrick wanted was isolation so Jimmy got isolation too. There were so many easy buckets to begin last season, then they stood and watched. Not having a passing center lost alot of the movement. I think Rondo is the hard headed point guard that will make this offense work. ITs read and react, not fighting with coaches about not running the play correctly. I am not saying Rondo wont bump heads with anyone this year, I just am pretty sure he will make the players move and cut before he gives them the ball and will dish to the more active ones. Rondo has a good night and is happier with more assists than points, just like a point guard should be.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if thats his philosophy. This is a motion heavy offense, it started that way at the beginning of last year but all derrick wanted was isolation so Jimmy got isolation too. There were so many easy buckets to begin last season, then they stood and watched. Not having a passing center lost alot of the movement. I think Rondo is the hard headed point guard that will make this offense work. ITs read and react, not fighting with coaches about not running the play correctly. I am not saying Rondo wont bump heads with anyone this year, I just am pretty sure he will make the players move and cut before he gives them the ball and will dish to the more active ones. Rondo has a good night and is happier with more assists than points, just like a point guard should be.
I remember reading it before he got here last year. I'm too lazy to find the article, but your description of the offense is spot on. We will need some three ballets to step up though.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just confused. The whole plan was to get younger and more athletic and we actually got older and less athletic. Front office is clueless. Now I understand what they are doing here. They are adding big names to draw in a crowd and keep the team relevant with out costing the future. This team can still add 1 Max player next year and maybe 2 if they dont bring back Rondo. Damn if Wade even leaves we can bring in almost 3 max players. So instead of tanking they put a ok product on the floor. They know Fans are going to go see Wade play. This team is a playoff team. Maybe they get out of the 1st rd.

I do think they should keep Gibson until the trade line because they will get more value for him. U need to trade him no matter what. They arent resigning him. So why not get something for him. Trade him for a mid late 1st rd pick.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole plan is to get younger and more athletic, but its not a turn the switch on move, its a process. Asses in seats for two years with wade, then the younger and more athletic guys learning on the bench and at least two first round picks next year will take over.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey at least we will be interesting this year.