• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Q&As

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a crime. it's a shame it's so hard to walk away from your childhood rooting interest. no team i can think of deserves more to be walked away from than the chicago white sox.

Never have I considered walking away...even if we did trade Sale. And I can b*tch with the best of them. This post makes me sad.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a crime. it's a shame it's so hard to walk away from your childhood rooting interest. no team i can think of deserves more to be walked away from than the chicago white sox.
I don't care how many opportunities we blow, I don't care how long the Reinsdorfs of this world control our team. I have been a diehard White Sox fan since childhood and I will take that diehard loyalty to my grave. Criticize the Sox when needed? Absolutely. But walk away as a fan? Never.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how many opportunities we blow, I don't care how long the Reinsdorfs of this world control our team. I have been a diehard White Sox fan since childhood and I will take that diehard loyalty to my grave. Criticize the Sox when needed? Absolutely. But walk away as a fan? Never.
what a strange attitude. what in the world would make you say such a thing? diehard loyalties are reinsdork's biggest fault. why on earth would anyone be proud of being totally owned by team made up of complete strangers which changes from year to year. have you given this any real thought? you sound absolutely religious about it. exactly what is wrong with either changing 'loyalties' or walking away from a team? what commandment is that breaking? are you actually a white sox zealot?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a strange attitude. what in the world would make you say such a thing? diehard loyalties are reinsdork's biggest fault. why on earth would anyone be proud of being totally owned by team made up of complete strangers which changes from year to year. have you given this any real thought? you sound absolutely religious about it. exactly what is wrong with either changing 'loyalties' or walking away from a team? what commandment is that breaking? are you actually a white sox zealot?

Wow...This post makes me sad.

I most definitely have a strong attachment to my 3 teams (Bears/Bulls/Sox). I'm older now so I do let it go a little better than I used to...but following the team is kind of part of my life. So hell yeah I'm a loyal zealot. I would have missed out on so many great ups and downs if I wasn't, so wouldn't trade it in those times or any in the future for sure.

I actually tried these past few years to adopt the Dolphins as a my eldest son is growing up down here in Dolphins country. I figured what the hell. They're in the AFC. We only play them once every 4 years and the chances of us meeting in the Super Bowl are slim to none...so really it's about as good of a second team to take on as a Bears fan.

And I watched game after game with my son....and I just...don't...give a sh*t if they win or lose. I hang on every play for the Bears.

It just isn't the same if it's not my team. That's just not easily reconstructed. All the times with family and friends I've had around these teams cannot be replaced. Nostalgia/memories make the bond stronger each year...just get better at handling the losses with age is all (sometimes lol).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just isn't the same if it's not my team. That's just not easily reconstructed. All the times with family and friends I've had around these teams cannot be replaced. Nostalgia/memories make the bond stronger each year...just get better at handling the losses with age is all (sometimes lol).

Exactly. I honestly don't know how I would be able to suddenly change and support another team. I haven't lived in Chicago for decades now, yet I still bleed all things Sox/Bears/Bulls (I'm not much of a hockey fan, but I'll even pull for the Blackhawks). There are a lot of other organizations I admire, but only these three teams get my undying loyalty.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I honestly don't know how I would be able to suddenly change and support another team. I haven't lived in Chicago for decades now, yet I still bleed all things Sox/Bears/Bulls (I'm not much of a hockey fan, but I'll even pull for the Blackhawks). There are a lot of other organizations I admire, but only these three teams get my undying loyalty.

certainly you can never "change" allegiances easily. but you CAN walk away from an allegiance that brings you nothing but heartache and frustration. well ... that's not easy either as i've never succeeded at doing this myself. but that's why i started out that thought with "it's a shame it's so hard to walk away from ... etc." because honestly i wish that i could. if i was pulling for a team that at least won its fair share of championships it wouldn't be so bad. but a city like chicago??? 1 title in 100 years???? 5 league championships since 1960???

you better believe i feel totally screwed by this cheap ass organization and if i could take a pill to break away from it i gladly would. it appears to be much harder than quitting cigs was.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you actually a white sox zealot?

Yes, I am.

Nothing can replace the memories that this team has given me. Nothing can replace the bonds I've formed around this team. Nothing can replace the memory of my father's face after Konerko's grand slam, Iguchi's three run HR vs Boston or Uribe recording the final out in Houston.

The man was 50 years old when he finally saw them win one. Watching him stick with that team. It taught me why it's important. If you don't grind out the tough years. How can you truly appreciate the good ones? We can all be front-runners in life. We can jump ship on teams when they stink. We can jump ship on friends when they go through a rough patch. We can quit anything when the going gets tough. Even quit on ourselves and take an easier road. It's easy to do. However, it's much more rewarding to fight through the tough times and get to the other side. You will be a better person for it and you'll appreciate success that much more.

Being a fan is no different. We could all become Astros fans right now. Then Yankees fans. Then... fans of whoever after that. But what the hell is that? I would rather die with my one title viewed a White Sox fan. Then hop from wagon-to-wagon and die with 20 vapid, meaningless titles.

When it comes down to it. This team is a part of who I am. No different than my parents or siblings. I didn't choose this team. I can't and won't abandon them.

You know why? They have NEVER ONCE let me down. NEVER. NOT ONCE.

Bottom line... no matter what is going on in the world. No matter what war, what natural disaster, etc. No matter what personal hell that I am going through. NO MATTER WHAT... The White Sox show up 162 days of the year for me.

If you live long enough... Friends fuck you over. Women break your heart. Your parents will die. You'll get fired from your job and not know how you're going to make ends meet. Cancer will take a dear friend or a family member.... but..... The White Sox will show up. Just like they promise.

It's 7 PM on a week night... What happened today? Did you lose your job? Did your wife leave you? Well... turn on the TV. There they are. They made it. AGAIN. They're undefeated.

That's the only promise they ACTUALLY make and they have YET to break it from me. Hell, if it rains? They even make it up to you. They'll show up twice in one day if they have to!

As long as they do that; I will rally around them. Their obligation to me? Show up. That's all that they can promise. They'll be there on opening day. So will I.

I WANT this team to win in the worst way. But if they don't... it's like a family member. I'll still love you. Let's try again.

I don't think it's pathetic. Quite the contrary, in fact.

People who consider themselves "intellectual" will cry at a Broadway production or at a philharmonic. They'll sit there and be moved to tears from seeing Romeo and Juliet for the 172nd time. People in dress up, playing "pretend"... it makes people cry. It's all stupid. The White Sox and the Bears are my "stupid". My passion for them is no better or worse than that.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I am.

Nothing can replace the memories that this team has given me. Nothing can replace the bonds I've formed around this team. Nothing can replace the memory of my father's face after Konerko's grand slam, Iguchi's three run HR vs Boston or Uribe recording the final out in Houston.

The man was 50 years old when he finally saw them win one. Watching him stick with that team. It taught me why it's important. If you don't grind out the tough years. How can you truly appreciate the good ones? We can all be front-runners in life. We can jump ship on teams when they stink. We can jump ship on friends when they go through a rough patch. We can quit anything when the going gets tough. Even quit on ourselves and take an easier road. It's easy to do. However, it's much more rewarding to fight through the tough times and get to the other side. You will be a better person for it and you'll appreciate success that much more.

Being a fan is no different. We could all become Astros fans right now. Then Yankees fans. Then... fans of whoever after that. But what the hell is that? I would rather die with my one title viewed a White Sox fan. Then hop from wagon-to-wagon and die with 20 vapid, meaningless titles.

When it comes down to it. This team is a part of who I am. No different than my parents or siblings. I didn't choose this team. I can't and won't abandon them.

Bottom line... no matter what is going on in the world. No matter what war, what natural disaster, etc. No matter what personal hell that I am going through. NO MATTER WHAT... The White Sox show up 162 days of the year for me.

If you live long enough... Friends fuck you over. Women break your heart. Your parents will die. You'll get fired from your job and not know how you're going to make ends meet. Cancer will take a dear friend or a family member.... but..... The White Sox will show up. Just like they promise.

It's 7 PM on a week night... What happened today? Did you lose your job? Did your wife leave you? Well... turn on the TV. There they are. They made it. AGAIN. They're undefeated.

That's the only promise they ACTUALLY make and they have YET to break it from me. Hell, if it rains? They even make it up to you. They'll show up twice in one day if they have to!

As long as they do that; I will rally around them. Their obligation to me? Show up. That's all that they can promise. They'll be there on opening day. So will I.

I WANT this team to win in the worst way. But if they don't... it's like a family member. I'll still love you. Let's try again.

People who consider themselves "intellectual" will cry at a Broadway production or at a philharmonic. They'll sit there and be moved to tears from seeing Romeo and Juliet for the 172nd time. People in dress up, playing "pretend"... it makes people cry. It's all stupid. The White Sox and the Bears are my "stupid". My passion for them is no better or worse than that.

:crazy:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I am.

That face when the guy who nitpicks every post to the most minute detail (including definitions of words) posts about how the White Sox are there for him 162 days every year forgets that the owner of his team was at the forefront of ending a season in which said team-who he just devoted a post of all posts to-was one of the top contenders for a championship back in 94 (one of the more memorable moments in franchise history).

Also, to be even more nitpicky since the source would have it no other way if the tables were turned...we only played 161 games this year. ;)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That face when the guy who nitpicks every post to the most minute detail (including definitions of words) posts about how the White Sox are there for him 162 days every year forgets that the owner of his team was at the forefront of ending a season in which said team-who he just devoted a post of all posts to-was one of the top contenders for a championship back in 94 (one of the more memorable moments in franchise history).

Also, to be even more nitpicky since the source would have it no other way if the tables were turned...we only played 161 games this year. ;)

I am not old enough to remember 1994. So, if they let you down... that's between you and them. lol

I don't recall nit-picking posts. Our disagreement on the Bears board required absolutely zero research beyond the words that you were inserting into that thread. The circular manner of your talking points and the logical fallacies within them were entirely self-evident. I realize, however, that it is beneficial to both your ego and to your appearances that you try to paint a picture of me having been so unreasonable to point out these horrendous illogical fallacies.

Sometimes I wonder if you are even capable of making a post without making it some kind of a personal ordeal or drowning your point in ad hominem. If your talking point doesn't have a leg to stand on... attack the individual, eh?

Just stop being so sensitive dude. Believe it or not; I have absolutely nothing against you. You need to get over the butt hurt from that thread and move on. It's more than a week later now. You've never let the conversation go. You created a whole other thread dedicated to the original thread (which predictably was based on the logical fallacy advanced in the initial thread) and now you've brought it over to the White Sox forum. Good god. We've all talked ourselves into a corner. It's good.

See you in the next one. Maybe we'll even agree during our next interaction. It wouldn't be the first time. Cheers.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are not owed a championship baseball team to root for. I can't fathom why someone would want to just hop around from team-to-team. It's like being the middle aged dude whose still "playing the field" and thinks he's cool for the girls he's still cycling in-and-out of bed. To hop over to Houston and root for them to win a title is just as vapid/meaningless as the next piece of ass that guy will bring home from the bar on Saturday night.

We both look at it through different lenses, I suppose.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not owed a championship baseball team to root for. I can't fathom why someone would want to just hop around from team-to-team. It's like being the middle aged dude whose still "playing the field" and thinks he's cool for the girls he's still cycling in-and-out of bed. To hop over to Houston and root for them to win a title is just as vapid/meaningless as the next piece of ass that guy will bring home from the bar on Saturday night.

We both look at it through different lenses, I suppose.
what you can't fathom is of no importance here. i personally don't know of anyone who hops "from team-to-team". this just looks like you're trying to compare your incredible fanship to someone who isn't a fan. bully for you! i'm quite aware i'm not owed a champ. but i'd like to add that a team isn't owed any fans either. my point is that there are teams who truly try to give their fans either a winner or a team that is smart and "tries" to give its fans a winner, not just a slob who tries to ACT like he cares about his fans. we don't have a good owner at present. you can invest your whole life (which is what your lengthy crazy post suggested) into a baseball team if you like ... it's your privilege! just be aware you were simply born into it. just as people are born into a religion or for that matter race. there's no intrinsic value there. there's no 'right' about it. it's simply a choice that was made somewhere along the family line. in this case the team doesn't consist of ANY aspect of relevance to you. no family member or financial ownership etc. what you are hooked to (and myself as well) is the name "chicago white sox". nothing more! 3 words! if they moved (even tho it remained the exact same team) you'd eventually cease to be a fan ( this is absolutely true in almost all cases. a study was done on new york giants fans. almost NO new york fans are now san francisco giant fans). all this 'meaning' you attributed to being a diehard white sox 'zealot' is locked up in a little box inside your own head. i actually got a kick out of reading your post. my eyes rolled all thru it. :D

so as far as your quoted post above is concerned ... what's really vapid and meaningless is the idea some guy bringing home a piece of ass is more meaningless than the reasons for your being a white sox fan. ironic, isn't it?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not old enough to remember 1994. So, if they let you down... that's between you and them. lol

I don't recall nit-picking posts. Our disagreement on the Bears board required absolutely zero research beyond the words that you were inserting into that thread. The circular manner of your talking points and the logical fallacies within them were entirely self-evident. I realize, however, that it is beneficial to both your ego and to your appearances that you try to paint a picture of me having been so unreasonable to point out these horrendous illogical fallacies.

Sometimes I wonder if you are even capable of making a post without making it some kind of a personal ordeal or drowning your point in ad hominem. If your talking point doesn't have a leg to stand on... attack the individual, eh?

Just stop being so sensitive dude. Believe it or not; I have absolutely nothing against you. You need to get over the butt hurt from that thread and move on. It's more than a week later now. You've never let the conversation go. You created a whole other thread dedicated to the original thread (which predictably was based on the logical fallacy advanced in the initial thread) and now you've brought it over to the White Sox forum. Good god. We've all talked ourselves into a corner. It's good.

See you in the next one. Maybe we'll even agree during our next interaction. It wouldn't be the first time. Cheers.

I want you to be aware I thought long and hard before this response:

Wat8.jpg