• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Visitors 12/6-12/9

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With only two visit weekends until the early signing day Nebraska has a lot of room to fill in its class. The de-commitment of Jamoi Hodge could be brought to bear this weekend, at least, in part with the incoming visitors. Some new names to look at. Who's on campus? Here you go:

Jimari Butler (3-Star, OLB) [Mobile, AL] - A current Tennessee commit, Butler could flip this weekend. Nebraska would like two more HS OLBs in this class and the assumption is that Kaden Johnson is one and either Ivey (previous visitor) or Butler is the next. First come first serve... will be interesting to follow going into signing day.

Pheldarius Payne (3-Star, DE) JUCO [Scranton, PA] - Former Dunder-Mifflin employee.... just kidding... but seriously. Currently committed to NC State is visiting this weekend. I'm not entirely sure what slot he fits in. This one is interesting to me and I'm not sure he will end up in this class even if he wants. Coates is higher on the board as a JUCO DE and he recently decommitted from Colorado. I see Payne as a player with a fantastic name and cool hometown but as a plan b for the staff.

Eteva Mauga-Clements (NYR, ILB) JUCO [Pleasant Hill, CA] - Out of nowhere Clements may have been one of the reasons Nebraska backed off of Hodge even after he committed. Clements is a dynamic athlete that came into JUCO at 5'11" and 164 lbs and is leaving, after two years as 6'2" 220 lbs (probably more like 215). Other schools are sniffing around but Nebraska was the first to offer. I don't know what he'll be rated, I wouldn't anticipate it being all that high but his film sticks out for his speed and physicality.

Jordan Riley (NYR, DE/NT) JUCO [Garden City, KS] - Formerly a North Carolina commit in 2017 the JUCO DE/NT is visiting this weekend. It seems like Nebraska might be interested in adding some girth up front at the NT spot since Daniels will be gone but they will be selective. I would guess they want to get Riley in and measure him up and try to get a handle on how quickly he can plug the gap up front. Not sure he's in the class immediately if he wants N. Would guess he doesn't get the green light for another week or so.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With only two visit weekends until the early signing day Nebraska has a lot of room to fill in its class. The de-commitment of Jamoi Hodge could be brought to bear this weekend, at least, in part with the incoming visitors. Some new names to look at. Who's on campus? Here you go:

Jimari Butler (3-Star, OLB) [Mobile, AL] - A current Tennessee commit, Butler could flip this weekend. Nebraska would like two more HS OLBs in this class and the assumption is that Kaden Johnson is one and either Ivey (previous visitor) or Butler is the next. First come first serve... will be interesting to follow going into signing day.

Pheldarius Payne (3-Star, DE) JUCO [Scranton, PA] - Former Dunder-Mifflin employee.... just kidding... but seriously. Currently committed to NC State is visiting this weekend. I'm not entirely sure what slot he fits in. This one is interesting to me and I'm not sure he will end up in this class even if he wants. Coates is higher on the board as a JUCO DE and he recently decommitted from Colorado. I see Payne as a player with a fantastic name and cool hometown but as a plan b for the staff.

Eteva Mauga-Clements (NYR, ILB) JUCO [Pleasant Hill, CA] - Out of nowhere Clements may have been one of the reasons Nebraska backed off of Hodge even after he committed. Clements is a dynamic athlete that came into JUCO at 5'11" and 164 lbs and is leaving, after two years as 6'2" 220 lbs (probably more like 215). Other schools are sniffing around but Nebraska was the first to offer. I don't know what he'll be rated, I wouldn't anticipate it being all that high but his film sticks out for his speed and physicality.

Jordan Riley (NYR, DE/NT) JUCO [Garden City, KS] - Formerly a North Carolina commit in 2017 the JUCO DE/NT is visiting this weekend. It seems like Nebraska might be interested in adding some girth up front at the NT spot since Daniels will be gone but they will be selective. I would guess they want to get Riley in and measure him up and try to get a handle on how quickly he can plug the gap up front. Not sure he's in the class immediately if he wants N. Would guess he doesn't get the green light for another week or so.

Yup, gotta love that name "Pheldarius Payne." Definitely the all name team.

Eteva Mauga-Clements -
from American Samoa?

Eteva Mauga-Clements, Diablo Valley College, Outside Linebacker

Eteva Mauga, 2020 Outside linebacker - Rivals.com

Eteva Mauga-Clements

There is a mention of Keyshawm Greene a linebacker committed to Florida State under Willie Taggart.
But his twitter still says FSU

Keyshawn greene (@greene_keyshawn) | Twitter

Hurricanes are sniffing around him

I think the shiny luster of Scott Frost and his coaching staff wore off after the 2019 season.

Such promise to the 2020 recruiting class. I like Sevion Morrison, Turner Corcoran, Logan Smothers, Blaise Gunnerson, Henry Gray, Nash Hutmacher(really excited about him), and Alec Conn.

But, after the 2019 season, I hope for the best, but I expect the rest of the class to be lackluster.

I think Bill Snyder built K State from lots and lots of Jucos. I could be wrong on that though. I am NOT a K State follower.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene decommitted from FSU tonight... I would say Miami is the front runner for sure but Nebraska is really pushing for a visit. If a visit happens then I could see Nebraska making a real move.

I see what you're saying about the luster falling apart a little bit but there's a really real shot Nebraska ends with some dynamic athletes at the end of this class... I don't think the class will end with the potential that it had if Nebraska had a good season but it should be similar to last year's class.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene decommitted from FSU tonight... I would say Miami is the front runner for sure but Nebraska is really pushing for a visit. If a visit happens then I could see Nebraska making a real move.

I see what you're saying about the luster falling apart a little bit but there's a really real shot Nebraska ends with some dynamic athletes at the end of this class... I don't think the class will end with the potential that it had if Nebraska had a good season but it should be similar to last year's class.

Wow on the Keyshawn Greene. Did not think he would decommit. My guess, he wants to stay in Florida and he could recommit to FSU once they name a coach.

Greene is an early enrollee. Would be a huge get for Nebraska or Miami. My guess, Miami found someone to take Nevin Shapiro's place as the bagman.

FSU lost three recruits today, with Greene being the biggest loss(by recruit rankings).

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eteva Mauga-Clements
That fella has a very interesting story, and his film is ridiculous. 28 tackles for loss this year... A guy that had a 165 to 210 lb growth spurt in 4 years and has a frame for 230. Either he's playing in an undermatched area/league or he's just that good. He's quick, he has a phenomenal pass rush, and he causes fumbles.

This guy is unrated.... Not a lot of offers.... The definition of a diamond in the rough.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that similar to JJ Watts story?