• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@UVA_Guy81 , @ill , @The Q @Yo Tee

This is what Me and Turks are talking about in Two Quotes

Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair swapped their respective WWE Women’s Championships on WWE SmackDown, and fans apparently weren’t the only ones who were unhappy with the segment.

Mike Johnson of PWInsider reports that Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair had a confrontation backstage following the show, with the issue stemming from the title swap between the champions. Per Johnson, Flair “voiced concerns” about the exchange before WWE SmackDown; she reportedly didn’t want to look weak, and she was also concerned that the swap would harm the perception of her title reign. Still, WWE went through with the segment as planned.

Johnson then noted that, during the swap itself, Flair threw the belt to the ground, which was not the planned direction; likewise, Lynch throwing her title at flair was not in the script.

During the Championship Exchange segment, there was a moment where Flair was to hand the belt to Becky but instead pulled it away and threw the belt on the mat, which was not the way that exchange was expected to go.

Though the segment got back on track and finished as intended, Johnson wrote that Flair and Lynch had a confrontation backstage due to Flair allegedly disrespecting Lynch by “trying to make her look bad,” per a source. Johnson noted that while this face-off was “heated”, it did not get physical.

Alex McCarthy of talkSPORT added additional details in a separate report; per his sources, he wrote that, in the segment, Charlotte Flair was supposed to try and play “cat and mouse” with the title, and Lynch was supposed to touch the championship, but a “timing error” caused the belt to fall to the floor.

McCarthy noted that Lynch, Flair and Sonya Deville, the (storyline) WWE official who moderated the swap, were unhappy with the situation. He also wrote that WWE officials were “concerned” about the subsequent confrontation between the two champions backstage before he stated that their friendship has been “strained” for a while now.

Additionally, McCarthy reports that Vince McMahon wasn’t pleased when Flair left gorilla position without talking to him. Overall, McCarthy wrote that “no one involved” was happy about the title switch segment; though it was discussed throughout the day, it still went on as planned.

Update: Johnson shared more information later in the day on Saturday in a new report; he wrote that Flair is being viewed as the one who was responsible for the title swap segment not going as intended. Per Johnson, Flair was not supposed to pull the RAW Women’s Championship from Flair; it was not part of the script whatsoever. He wrote that Flair pulled Lynch’s title away in an attempt to make it look like Lynch had been “one-upped.”

In the update, Johnson noted that Lynch was supposed to throw the title at Flair, whereas the initial report stated that this hadn’t been the case.

As for the fallout of the event, Johnson writes that there’s heat on Flair “in certain circles” for the way she treated Lynch in the segment. Reportedly, some of this heat also stems from the feeling that Flair took the focus off of Banks, who was meant to be built up as SmackDown’s top babyface, and put it back on herself and Lynch. Flair was also reportedly asked to leave the venue after the confrontation to prevent any further escalation.

Johnson additionally noted that Lynch isn’t facing heat for the situation, as it’s believed that ” she was pushed to a boiling point” ahead of the confrontation backstage. Within the locker room, Johnson writes that Lynch was perceived as standing up for herself.

Finally, Johnson reports that Flair is reportedly “very upset” about what transpired here, and he mentions the speculation that Andrade’s “FU WWE” tweet was a response to the confrontation between Flair and Lynch.

With yet another update on this situation, Fightful Select reports the original plan called for Lynch to grab the title from Flair and brag about being “Becky Two Belts” before she was forced to hand the title over. Flair disagreed with this direction, but she was told to stick to the script. It was noted that most of those involved already agreed the whole segment was going to be awkward, but then there was a shouting match backstage, with Charlotte claiming her dropping the title on the ground was accidental. Fightful also echoed PWInsider’s report that Flair was asked to leave the venue in an effort to diffuse the situation. It was pointed out by talkSPORT and Fightful that Flair took issues with certain bookings this week, specifically the finish of Raw, to “at least one person backstage.”

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m wondering if she’s had some pent up anger for a while now, especially with Andrade and Ric both being let go and it just finally festered to the surface. Wouldn’t surprise me if she’s trying to get out of there and go to AEW.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup.

Becky screws up then blames someone else and tries to start a fight she’d never win (becuase she’s literally a clown and not an athlete)

Typical

No wonder Andrade has her back. This isn’t hard guys. And you blew it.

Flair should unify the belts at SS

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m wondering if she’s had some pent up anger for a while now, especially with Andrade and Ric both being let go and it just finally festered to the surface. Wouldn’t surprise me if she’s trying to get out of there and go to AEW.
She should go there

She’d be the top star there even more than she is for wwe

She has no peer right now

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She should go there

No doubt. She’d absolutely be the top woman in the company. I guess she’d probably have to change her ring name though since I’d assume WWE owns trademark to the Charlotte Flair name.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. She’d absolutely be the top woman in the company. I guess she’d probably have to change her ring name though since I’d assume WWE owns trademark to the Charlotte Flair name.

I would assume that she owns it. I doubt ric doesn’t own his

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me say this, I don't get the title swaps. I don't see a need for it and it's just plain bad writing, IMO. Why can't we just draft new challengers to the show and not just draft the brand champion to a different brand. Just makes no sense to me. With that said, I believe that Charlotte's frustration is showing with the company and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last contract she has with WWE. Side note, if I have to live through another Becky/Charlotte title reign I just hope they end it quickly this time. Getting kinda stale.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me say this, I don't get the title swaps. I don't see a need for it and it's just plain bad writing, IMO. Why can't we just draft new challengers to the show and not just draft the brand champion to a different brand. Just makes no sense to me. With that said, I believe that Charlotte's frustration is showing with the company and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last contract she has with WWE. Side note, if I have to live through another Becky/Charlotte title reign I just hope they end it quickly this time. Getting kinda stale.

Becky has been stale…forever.

I love watching flair because she’s the best. Absolutely incredible.

But wwe uses her like Orton and as a transition champ.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is just what happens when you build up a talent, give her everything for years and tell her shit doesn't stink, so naturally she becomes her biggest fan and wants to be treated as such. Literally every other woman on the roster has had time where they've been up and down the card yet Charlotte has been placed on a podium and never removed. WWE basically did this to themselves in a way. She's gotten incredibly entitled but its easy to see how she got that way. So now that's she's been with the company some time she more comfortable throwing her weight around. She's basically becoming Hulk Hogan, going around backstage demanding things be done this way or its hell for everyone else.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is just what happens when you build up a talent, give her everything for years and tell her shit doesn't stink, so naturally she becomes her biggest fan and wants to be treated as such. Literally every other woman on the roster has had time where they've been up and down the card yet Charlotte has been placed on a podium and never removed. WWE basically did this to themselves in a way. She's gotten incredibly entitled but its easy to see how she got that way. So now that's she's been with the company some time she more comfortable throwing her weight around. She's basically becoming Hulk Hogan, going around backstage demanding things be done this way or its hell for everyone else.

Except that’s really not what happened.

Becky missed her spot so Charlotte ad libbed to not look retarded and the actual entitled one pitched a hissy fit backstage

The pre show talent needs to over herself and let the queen do her thing

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oli does a good long summary(almost 8 minutes long)of this and makes some good pro Charlotte points near the end of it.

She has had a shit year.

-From that abomination storyline with Evans and her dad.

-Missing Mania because the doctors mistakenly thought that she was pregnant.

-That abysmal match with Jax

-Hell someone even took a photo of her changing

Maybe she is disgruntled. But still s bad look for her on Friday night.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oli does a good long summary(almost 8 minutes long)of this and makes some good pro Charlotte points near the end of it.

She has had a shit year.

-From that abomination storyline with Evans and her dad.

-Missing Mania because the doctors mistakenly thought that she was pregnant.

-That abysmal match with Jax

-Hell someone even took a photo of her changing

Maybe she is disgruntled. But still s bad look for her on Friday night.

I disagree when the fact is Becky missed her spot.

She adlibbed in a Way that made sense compared to standing there like an idiot begging the inferior talent to take her belt

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree when the fact is Becky missed her spot.

She adlibbed in a Way that made sense compared to standing there like an idiot begging the inferior talent to take her belt

Actually your wrong. Everything that I have been hearing and reading is Charlotte went off script and dropped it

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually your wrong. Everything that I have been hearing and reading is Charlotte went off script and dropped it

No. Becky was supposed to grab it and didn’t.

That’s when she went off script

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that’s really not what happened.

Becky missed her spot so Charlotte ad libbed to not look retarded and the actual entitled one pitched a hissy fit backstage

The pre show talent needs to over herself and let the queen do her thing

Your hate for Becky has flat out made you stupid. Literally every report says everyone was upset with Charlotte because she was in the wrong. There's even a new report today from PWInsider that in a backstage arguement, Sonya got so mad at Charlotte she was ready to fight her.

• Winner
Reactions: ill

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your hate for Becky has flat out made you stupid. Literally every report says everyone was upset with Charlotte because she was in the wrong. There's even a new report today from PWInsider that in a backstage arguement, Sonya got so mad at Charlotte she was ready to fight her.

The reports also said Becky was supposed to grab the belt and never did

Aka she missed her spot

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She should go there

How could Charlotte possibly be bigger in AEW? Would fans even accept her? She isn’t exactly the model that AEW fans cheer for.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could Charlotte possibly be bigger in AEW? Would fans even accept her? She isn’t exactly the model that AEW fans cheer for.

True.

She can actually wrestle.

Basically no top female star in either company can say that right now.

Although shida/deeb tonight put 99% of wwe matches to shame

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, a month since an entry into the smackdown section, biggest news is Roman has motion pictures lined up and it going to have a hard time getting to those 504 days with Brock set to return this coming friday. I dont think he has a starring role yet like Rock or Miz, so it could be a couple days of shooting for his role, but he plans to chase down the Rock in hollywood.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, a month since an entry into the smackdown section, biggest news is Roman has motion pictures lined up and it going to have a hard time getting to those 504 days with Brock set to return this coming friday. I dont think he has a starring role yet like Rock or Miz, so it could be a couple days of shooting for his role, but he plans to chase down the Rock in hollywood.

I don’t blame them.

More money, less wear and tear on the body.

But cena selling out after making it part of his identity to be anti-rock and not sell out was something else