• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official FA Deals and Trades Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of personalities that are so focused on slights and proving doubters wrong.

One can't use that to fuel an entire career. It's such a consumption of energy to spend all of that energy, proving X or Y wrong.

Michael Jordan, Deron Williams, and apparently LaMarcus Aldridge. Don't like those aspects of their personalities.

During 2006-2007, I even created a thread called "Deron doesn't need motivation, he has talent." Because every story mentioning Deron always talked about how motivated he was at proving doubters wrong. It over looked the actual things he was doing on the court that he was good at. Deron wasn't good because he was more motivated than so many others. There was actually some substance to that player too.

I also have to put this article with some perspective.

A) This was more of an opinion piece, not an analytical article.

B) I've read Jason Quick's articles for 10+ years. He usually doesn't have much good to say about the Trail Blazers. His articles usually have a negative twinge or edge to them. It's just his style.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Aldridge, a two-time All-Star who was often compared to be in the same tier as Griffin, Anthony Davis, Kevin Love, Chris Bosh.

He shouldn't feel slighted at being compared with the current best bigs.

Just get over it, and focus more on what your coaches and teammates think of you, rather than the national perspective. But make no mistake, the national perspective thinks highly of Aldridge.

If that article is an accurate reflection of his feelings.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ty Lawson or someone was also mad that the team that traded for him on draft night (Denver), didn't pick him outright with their first available pick. It might not have been Lawson, but another team that had multiple picks in the 1st round. But it was some player between 2005 - 2009.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ty Lawson or someone was also mad that the team that traded for him on draft night (Denver), didn't pick him outright with their first available pick. It might not have been Lawson, but another team that had multiple picks in the 1st round. But it was some player between 2005 - 2009.

I remember Aaron Rodgers refused/questioned the Niners coaches when asked to do some workouts during the draft buildup and then was upset he wasn't picked first overall to play for his childhood team. C'mon Aaron. If he'd have shut up, he'd lead my childhood team of the Niners and Alex Smith would go to a better team that could have let him learn the ropes before being thrown to the fire.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Aaron Rodgers refused/questioned the Niners coaches when asked to do some workouts during the draft buildup and then was upset he wasn't picked first overall to play for his childhood team. C'mon Aaron. If he'd have shut up, he'd lead my childhood team of the Niners and Alex Smith would go to a better team that could have let him learn the ropes before being thrown to the fire.

Do you remember what Rodgers said when he was upset after that draft? (Paraphrase if you need to.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I was thinking of Gilbert Arenas during the 2001 draft. Warriors picked Jason Richardson with their 1st round pick, and Arenas with the 2nd round pick. Maybe he was the one that was mad at not being picked with the Warriors earlier pick.

Or, it could have been someone drafted 29 or 30 in the 1st round, one of those years.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a search using the term "rights to".

Basketball Transactions Search Results

* Nazr Mohammed in 1999
* Gorgui Dieng in 2013
* Kelly Tripucka had a few more good years left after he was traded away in 1988.
* Dominique Wilkins in 1982.
* Moses Malone in 1976. That was just the 2nd year of his career.

Here's who the Jazz have acquired, that were good:

* A future pick that would become DeShawn Stevenson
* Rudy Gobert in 2013
* Boris Diaw in 2016
* Donovan Mitchell in 2017
* cash