• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings now have 4 2nd round picks next year and 3 in 2020.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that it's the day after the draft, I'm still bummed the Kings didn't take Luka but I'm trying to look on the bright side with MB3. He will give the Kings a big boost on rebounds which is a weakness for them and he should be able to get up and down the floor for transition buckets/lobs. He'll also be their best inside scorer and can put up a double double year one if he gets enough PT. The question is who gets moved, even though a rotation of Bagley/Giles/Skal/WCS could work for the 4/5 positions, there is also Zbo/Kosta/Cooley so I think at least a few moves are needed. I'd preferably say Zbo and WCS go, but we'll see. And Dave Joerger needs to let this team play at a fast pace, Bagley can get his chances scoring inside but he can also run along with most of the young guys on the team. Fox especially needs to work at a faster pace to utilize his speed.

They'll trade one of the big men.

It's a great time to be alive if you're a Kings fan.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised nobody drafted Brandon McCoy. Thought for sure some team would have taken him in the mid/late 2nd round. Heard he was added to the Bucks summer league roster though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix, sorry.

I agree @Arizona_Sting that Phoenix had a great night overall, but I really kind of hate the Bridges trade from both sides.

It sucks that Phoenix gave up an unprotected first to basically move up 6 spots. WTF? Adding in 31 and a 2nd should have been plenty.

As for Philly, Bridges was their home town guy and his mom works For the team. Don't tease the family like that. Damn that is tough. Bridges would have fit very well in Philly.

That's why I didn't like the trade (beyond how fucked up that was for Bridges family). I don't get why Phoenix did it. I actually don't think Bridges is all that different from Smith and then you give up a totally unprotected future first rounder? That's just dumb to me. They must really believe Bridges is so far ahead that its worth it but I just don't see it. That deal for Phoenix seemed to be more reckless than it needed to be.

But beyond taking a massive dump on a family moment, I totally see why Philly did it from a pure basketball perspective. They got a player of equal talent and a great asset. There's a very real chance in 2021 the Sixers will be a team competing for championships and will have a high lottery pick via the Heat

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I didn't like the trade (beyond how fucked up that was for Bridges family). I don't get why Phoenix did it. I actually don't think Bridges is all that different from Smith and then you give up a totally unprotected future first rounder? That's just dumb to me. They must really believe Bridges is so far ahead that its worth it but I just don't see it. That deal for Phoenix seemed to be more reckless than it needed to be.

But beyond taking a massive dump on a family moment, I totally see why Philly did it from a pure basketball perspective. They got a player of equal talent and a great asset. There's a very real chance in 2021 the Sixers will be a team competing for championships and will have a high lottery pick via the Heat

Agreed.

Good basketball move by Philly. Smith could easily end up being the better player.

But damn that was cold hearted.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Good basketball move by Philly. Smith could easily end up being the better player.

But damn that was cold hearted.

Maybe the Suns offer her a position at the arena? Lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Less money to pay to the draft pick is my guess. Opens up more cap to sign a star possibly.

The difference is only a $1M it looks like but it can go along way especially if they make other moes. Still cold-blooded

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome to the NBA. Imagine how exhausted you will be playing back to backs or playing brutal intense playoff games. Not a huge deal but you have commitments now, rookie

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Likely story.

He celebrated being a first round pick by a contending team by going to sleep at his Aunt's house. I am sure that is why he slept through an 11 AM conference call.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely story.

He celebrated being a first round pick by a contending team by going to sleep at his Aunt's house. I am sure that is why he slept through an 11 AM conference call.

Probably gave one of those IG hoes, I mean models a call.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't think any team trades unprotected first round picks anymore.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised nobody drafted Brandon McCoy. Thought for sure some team would have taken him in the mid/late 2nd round. Heard he was added to the Bucks summer league roster though.
Dude is going to the Bucks...

Goddamn are they long!!!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is going to the Bucks...

Goddamn are they long!!!

I can't recall people talking about length as much as they have the past two or three years. It seems like people were more focused on height back in the days.