• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL '20 AL CENTRAL THREAD N' STUFF

Who wins the AL Central This Year?

• Total voters

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upon some reflection Adam Dunn had to be one of the most naturally talented athletes ever because he displayed a total "I don't give a shit" attitude
You don’t earn the nickname Big Donkey easily.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL Central race should be a lot of fun

You have the Twins who won it last year, won a ton of games last year, and will have Donaldson, and Buxton is healthy, and Sano is back--- that hitting is pretty big

You have the White Sox who added some nice pieces and of course are developing some great young players in guys like Roberts, Jimenez, etc.

and then you have the steady Indians with stars like Lindor, and Jose Ramirez- and a solid pitching staff.

Any team really could win the division depending on how things break.

Biggest questions---

1. Twins- the starting pitching staff. They have pieced together some decent guys, but they need Barrios to be a #1, and the other guys to stay healthy and be at least good enough to keep them in games. The bullpen is nothing special that is for sure- so if these starters cant consitently pitch 6 innings its gonna be a test.

2. Indians- the outfield is kind of a mess. The starting pitching is deep but its young. Domingo Santana/frnamil Reyes are AWFUL defenders but the Tribe needs their bats in the lineup. If Lindor or Ramirez get hurt they are in trouble.

3. White Sox- they are just young and its gonna take some time. Their SP is not exactly reliable all the way through either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "ALL AL CENTRAL TEAM" (if any of these are incorrect - or are terrible off please comment)

C- Yasmani Grandal- CHW (Mitch Garver- MIN)
1B- Carlos Santana- CLE (Jose Abreu- CHW)
2B- Whit Merrifield- KC (Yoan Moncada- CHW)
3B- Josh Ramirez- CLE (Josh Donaldson- MIN)
SS- Francisco Lindor- CLE (Adalberto Mondesi- KC)
LF- Eloy Jimenez- CHW (Eddie Rosario- MIN)
CF- Byron Buxton - MIN (Luis Robert - CHW)
RF - Max Kepler- MIN (Franmil Reyes- CLE)
DH- Nelson Cruz- MIN (Jorge Soler- KC)

SP- Shane Bieber- CLE
SP- Mike Clevinger- CLE
SP- Jose Berrios- MIN
SP- Luis Giolito- CHW
SP- Carlos Carrasco- CLE (followed by Dallas Keuchel- CHW and Jake Odorizzi- MIN)

CL- Brad Hand- CLE
RP- Alex Colome- CHW
RP- Taylor Rogers- MIN
RP- Ian Kennedy- KC
RP- Nick Wittgren- CLE

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "ALL AL CENTRAL TEAM" (if any of these are incorrect - or are terrible off please comment)

C- Yasmani Grandal- CHW (Mitch Garver- MIN)
1B- Carlos Santana- CLE (Jose Abreu- CHW)
2B- Whit Merrifield- KC (Yoan Moncada- CHW)
3B- Josh Ramirez- CLE (Josh Donaldson- MIN)
SS- Francisco Lindor- CLE (Adalberto Mondesi- KC)
LF- Eloy Jimenez- CHW (Eddie Rosario- MIN)
CF- Byron Buxton - MIN (Luis Robert - CHW)
RF - Max Kepler- MIN (Franmil Reyes- CLE)
DH- Nelson Cruz- MIN (Jorge Soler- KC)

SP- Shane Bieber- CLE
SP- Mike Clevinger- CLE
SP- Jose Berrios- MIN
SP- Luis Giolito- CHW
SP- Carlos Carrasco- CLE (followed by Dallas Keuchel- CHW and Jake Odorizzi- MIN)

CL- Brad Hand- CLE
RP- Alex Colome- CHW
RP- Taylor Rogers- MIN
RP- Ian Kennedy- KC
RP- Nick Wittgren- CLE

Hard to argue with this roster IMO. I think it's pretty fair. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Boyd ends up being one of the best pitchers in the division, that as if he can cut down on the home runs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the case AGAINST signing Francisco Lindor:

I want the Indians to resign Lindor. He is one of the best players in franchise history. He is easily a top 10, if not top 5 players in the game.

He plays a premium position, and has all 5 tools, and is extremel marketable.

having said all that-- this is why i would be hesitant to give him the deal he wants.

-The Indians have lindor for 2 more years---- for his age 26 and 27 seasons. He will be a free agent before his age 28 season.

His deal will be AT LEAST 9 years. Likely between 10 and 12 years.

Not many players can keep up being great past age 32.

Lindor would still be one of the top playersi n baseball for likely his age 28, 29, 30 seasons. He MIGHT be a top 10 players for his age 31 and 32 seasons, but that is far from guaranteed. He will likely decline to being a very good but not top level all star level player for his age 33, 34 seasons.

Everything after that its just plain guessing.

So, say he gets a 10 year deal (and he could easily get a 12 year deal- Harper got 13).

3 years he is still probably at the top of his power

3 years after that he is still great

3 years after that he is good- maybe

If you could guaranty me THIS years Frankie Lindor for all 10 years of hsi contract- pay him no matter what the cost. But you simply cant. And the Indians cant pay a solid player 35 million a year for a 4-5 year period.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want the Indians to resign Lindor. He is one of the best players in franchise history. He is easily a top 10, if not top 5 players in the game.

having said all that-- this is why i would be hesitant to give him the deal he wants.

-The Indians have lindor for 2 more years---- for his age 26 and 27 seasons. He will be a free agent before his age 28 season.

Lindor would still be one of the top playersi n baseball for likely his age 28, 29, 30 seasons. He MIGHT be a top 10 players for his age 31 and 32 seasons, but that is far from guaranteed. He will likely decline to being a very good but not top level all star level player for his age 33, 34 seasons.

So, say he gets a 10 year deal (and he could easily get a 12 year deal- Harper got 13).

If you could guaranty me THIS years Frankie Lindor for all 10 years of hsi contract- pay him no matter what the cost. But you simply cant. And the Indians cant pay a solid player 35 million a year for a 4-5 year period.
Problem is they need to do one of 2 things.....they either need to go all out and try to win with him the next 2 seasons, or deal him now and get the most you can for him. well, I guess his value will be just as high at deadline so could still deal him then.

Still unreal to me there are people who love Dolan and will make excuses for him but will rip Gilbert any chance they get. Don't recall Lebron ever going public and saying he wont sign a deal because Gilbert wont pay him enough and will not keep payroll where the team can compete.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@broncosmitty they're showing the game 163 between the Twins and Tigers in 2009 on MLB Network now. Just got to the part where Brandon Inge got hit by a pitch with the bases loaded, but the umpire said it didn't hit him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@broncosmitty they're showing the game 163 between the Twins and Tigers in 2009 on MLB Network now. Just got to the part where Brandon Inge got hit by a pitch with the bases loaded, but the umpire said it didn't hit him.
Was throwing shit at that point in 2009.

Fuck Inge and Leyland for trying to stick him at every position, for years.

Fuck tTwins too, they won via the air conditioner that day.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If baseball does not resume I am calling it...Indians are AL Central Champs

tenor.gif

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 27 years of owning one of these, I realized who it is. (Always had thought it to be a brother or cousin of Al's)

019f6a3ced4d475ba84387fe6b160e07_front.jpg

albert-belle-via-maricopa-county-sheriff.jpg

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would all be easier if we just had an owner that would spend like Gilbert. If you pay Lindor that means there will a lot of others guys that will be on the move that could be just as valuable or SP's. I feel he can sustain his greatness for a long time it takes a lot out of the small budget they already have. Frustrating but it's hard to contend with the big boys and I mean REALLY CONTEND when you won't sign too many big contracts and long-term. Sometimes it works out though bc you have team like the Yankees and Red Sox handing out big contracts to aunts, uncles and nobodies but they still are able to withstand it. So bigger negative than positive imo.