• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL '20 AL CENTRAL THREAD N' STUFF

Who wins the AL Central This Year?

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end they really have not felt like a contender since being up 2-0 on Yankees in 17. The window is closed. Time for another 8-10 year rebuild

Yep, the pitching is there and always will be bc of their farm system and bc they trade away every player but the pitching definitely shit the bed in these 2 games. We knew the offense was bad but I was surprised the pitching was this bad.

Looking forward to 2021 with the CoV1d they are going to spend even less than in previous years so they are going to get rid of the bigger contracts that had less production and probably start calling up these farm system guys to takeover. This will be the start of the rebuild...the funny thing is their pitching keeps it up and it is still damn good. They can still be a playoff or borderline playoff team but unless younger guys step and progress they are just a middling team that will get beat by these powerhouse, big payroll teams like the Yankees and Astros. And that's what it will always be until they either: 1. Change owners and get a guy in there who will spend like Dan Gilbert-Cavs AND/OR 2. These farm system guys become talented young players-stars and while still in their arbitration/low salaries and this is mainly the position players. Pitching is good, I feel.

Next year I think these guys should go and probably are gone:

Santana - love him but he was awful this year. He is a great OBP guy but he used to be a better hitter. Too much money for lack of bat. Not worth $17.5...no way
Hand - they need to trade him, while he did good in the regular season his time is up and he is still shaking in big spots. Not worth $10M
Lindor - at some point they are going to trade him and at this point it wouldn't bother me. He was average at best this year and was horrible with RISP. He grounded into so many double plays in big spots it was crazy. No way he is worth a HUGE contract at this point.

Then just call up some of these young guys to get experience.
I think at the right price I would love to bring Hernandez back.
I like Perez and he is a great defensive catcher..he had a bad year hitting but he has more power than we saw this year and was dealing with injuries. They need to call up Bo Naylor and give him some time.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the pitching is there and always will be bc of their farm system and bc they trade away every player but the pitching definitely shit the bed in these 2 games. We knew the offense was bad but I was surprised the pitching was this bad.

Looking forward to 2021 with the CoV1d they are going to spend even less than in previous years so they are going to get rid of the bigger contracts that had less production and probably start calling up these farm system guys to takeover. This will be the start of the rebuild...the funny thing is their pitching keeps it up and it is still damn good. They can still be a playoff or borderline playoff team but unless younger guys step and progress they are just a middling team that will get beat by these powerhouse, big payroll teams like the Yankees and Astros. And that's what it will always be until they either: 1. Change owners and get a guy in there who will spend like Dan Gilbert-Cavs AND/OR 2. These farm system guys become talented young players-stars and while still in their arbitration/low salaries and this is mainly the position players. Pitching is good, I feel.

Next year I think these guys should go and probably are gone:

Santana - love him but he was awful this year. He is a great OBP guy but he used to be a better hitter. Too much money for lack of bat. Not worth $17.5...no way
Hand - they need to trade him, while he did good in the regular season his time is up and he is still shaking in big spots. Not worth $10M
Lindor - at some point they are going to trade him and at this point it wouldn't bother me. He was average at best this year and was horrible with RISP. He grounded into so many double plays in big spots it was crazy. No way he is worth a HUGE contract at this point.

Then just call up some of these young guys to get experience.
I think at the right price I would love to bring Hernandez back.
I like Perez and he is a great defensive catcher..he had a bad year hitting but he has more power than we saw this year and was dealing with injuries. They need to call up Bo Naylor and give him some time.

I fully expect them to fuck up trading Lindor.

Santana is definitely not worth the money.

Hand definitely needs to go. He just isn’t a elite high leverage guy.

They basically need to retool the whole offense for the most part and the whole bullpen. Great SP is only going to get you so far if you can’t score runs or hold leads when the starters exit.

They REALLY need to start developing some offense is the minors quickly . It seems rather lackluster at the moment. Prospects are worthless if you can’t develop them

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so next year, let me rant about the shitty Twins in peace. I was proven right yet again(by the Twins themselves and this dogshit division).

Winning 60% of your games when you play as many games against this trash division isn't impressive.

Sox will be good soon but aint ready yet. Indians are medicore(great on 1 side, terrible on the other). Other two teams suck.

Central already outta the playoffs. No shock.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man did the AL central bitch out hard in the playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALC lost to teams that have been there done that. The A’s are talented...White Sox too young. As far as the Twins and Indians they have big weaknesses we all knew were there. Surprised the Indians did that well in the regular season but that’s all they are at this point...a regular season team. Disappointed in Bieber but it was his 1st career playoff game vs a crazy good lineup...he gets the only excuse here. Everyone else not named Jose Ramirez and Josh Naylor shit the bed. Bring up the youngin’s from the farm system and lets start this shit already.

they better get a shitload of talent for Lindor

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frauds? No.

Some people are just stupid enough to think its a decent division

Very true. How many of these teams make the playoffs in a real season where they're playing the other divisions? 1

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. How many of these teams make the playoffs in a real season where they're playing the other divisions? 1

Twins because they are definitely well equipped for a full season grind.

Sox would have a punchers chance to win division or maybe steal a WC if they abused teams like Baltimore/Seattle/Texas the way they did KC and detroit

But yeah none of the 3 are good enough to win. White Sox should be soon. Twins don't have the organization philosophy to win and Indians are just way too flawed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Teixera picked the Indians to go to the World Series :pound:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Renteria out for the Sox! I am happy because I felt he was awful especially in game 3 against the A's