• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offensive playcalling

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts?

With Ngata out, hard to imagine the Niners didn't run the ball on 2nd and goal in the final drive.

Could we have run the ball more? That's what carried this offense during the season.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i duno why we ran it up the gut on 1st down with james. then we forget to use some of our best running plays. 1st and goal just use a bunch of read options or bootlegs.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Without question it was brutal, not just in hindsight but in real time. Not just that they were passes, but low percentage passes. 3 runs from the 5 I virtually guarantee they would have punched it in.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant believe we couldnt get a touchdown in the last drive....

didn't like the 3rd down call either.... fucking terrible...

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That roll out play can burn in hell. Cant stand it. Especially with that short of a field.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read option was working. Should of done it again on 2nd down with gore. I dont get it

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My qualm is that HALOTI NGATA was out of the game. Crap, you're taking away their best defensive lineman and leaving a hole in their front 4. And we don't run the ball enough?

The no call on Crabtree hurt, but that could have been averted had Harbaugh/Roman been more wise on their playcalling.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does the offense start so slow every game? They should have destroyed the Ravens. Watching the game it looked like they were a better team. I can understand why they didn't score at the end. They should have... but they put themselves in a position where they had to be perfect for the entire second half. The play calling was bad, but they should have never been in that position in the first place.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does the offense start so slow every game? They should have destroyed the Ravens. Watching the game it looked like they were a better team. I can understand why they didn't score at the end. They should have... but they put themselves in a position where they had to be perfect for the entire second half. The play calling was bad, but they should have never been in that position in the first place.

we need to pound the ball to get a groove offensively. last 2 games we started out passing.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My qualm is that HALOTI NGATA was out of the game. Crap, you're taking away their best defensive lineman and leaving a hole in their front 4. And we don't run the ball enough?

The no call on Crabtree hurt, but that could have been averted had Harbaugh/Roman been more wise on their playcalling.

Yep. The play calling was atrocious there. Why not the pistol?! Just worked against the falcons 2 weeks ago. I don't mind the rollout - I seem to remember one working in the past :think: But... You gotta run it at least once in there pistol or just straight up. I don't get it.

Also the last one to Crab... (hold notwithstanding) we just ran basically the same play on the 2-pt try with the exact same results. A guy untouched up the middle disrupts the play, and a fade route? Bad call IMO.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agree the pistol formation was working, Kap was making the right reads in giving it to Gore, the Balt players kept trying to hit Kap thinking he had it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the pistol formation was working, Kap was making the right reads in giving it to Gore, the Balt players kept trying to hit Kap thinking he had it.

I don't think they thought that or cared. They wanted to hit him if they could regardless and plead to a misdemeanor, I mean, innocent mistake. But that's what we expose ourselves to, not to risky, but can accumulate for a sorer night.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that with 10 fewer players, the Niners had 100 more total yards than the Ravens. This game in reality is not about the SB the Ravens won, it's the Super Bowl the Niners lost.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I have no problem with tha play calling.

A kick returned for a TD, Kaep's pick & LaMichael's fumble + the screw jobs by the ref's = worst game ever.

I would've tried to score immediately rather than letting it go down to the 2 minute warning, but that's just my opinion.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A kick returned for a TD, Kaep's pick & LaMichael's fumble + the screw jobs by the ref's = worst game ever.

I would've tried to score immediately rather than letting it go down to the 2 minute warning, but that's just my opinion.

So basically you don't have any issues with the Niners not punching it in at the end with their ideology of running the ball to setup the pass?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that with 10 fewer players, the Niners had 100 more total yards than the Ravens. This game in reality is not about the SB the Ravens won, it's the Super Bowl the Niners lost.

Yards don't mean anything. Points do and I think we'd have more points if any one of several things happen. If we don't score, all yards do is take time away from later that we might need (unless we're winning and it's doing the reverse). They scored after our 2-pt conversion try, so I won't talk about us losing it, as much as I would some calls - whether that be the refs' calls or playcalls.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, the turnovers plus the refs sucked, but the Niners could have had the lead with better decision making. The no call on Crabtree was bad, but considering they weren't giving us the benefit of the doubt as far as penalties were concerned, you go with what got us here.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yards don't mean anything. Points do and I think we'd have more points if any one of several things happen. If we don't score, all yards do is take time away from later that we might need (unless we're winning and it's doing the reverse). They scored after our 2-pt conversion try, so I won't talk about us losing it, as much as I would some calls - whether that be the refs' calls or playcalls.

What I'm saying is that despite the suspect playcalling, we still came up big, but not big enough. It's quite an accomplishment to what Kaepernick can do and what he'll be able to do in the future, but a QB's best friend is the running game and for a QB making his 10th start in the superbowl, you gotta put the ball in Gore's hands to at least draw away attention from a hot quarterback.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were pounding the Ravens in the second half on the ground. Had them on the ropes. Almost 470 yards of offense. A record for a Super Bowl loser. Just a great disappointment we couldn't punch it in. Greg Roman probably wishes he had those last 4 play calls back. Oh well.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How big was that Ahmad Brooks offside penalty in the beginning of the game? 4 points right there.