• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offensive Line......

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are really "offensive"......our backups are horrid.......I really think we should address the coaching on the O line....no matter what players we put there, we still can't run or pass block. And Franklin is a huge disappointment.......And Young is not very good either...he just sucks less than Harrell.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin has certainly been disappointing so far but it is still very early, hasn't even taken a single carry in the regular season. Long-term still think he is our starter (not this year but the following years)

What happens if we fire our O-Line coach and the injuries keep happening and they continue to struggle? Just keep on hiring new OL coaches. Maybe it is Campen but injuries to Bulaga and Sherrod who were supposed to be our starting tackles when we drafted them, certainly hasn't helped. EDS seems to be a nice center, we have zero depth behind him but that has a lot to do with talent. Sitton is a stud, Bakhtiari is going to struggle this year, he is a rookie who was supposed to be a project left tackle and has now been thrown into the fire. Some of it could be coaching but injuries, lack of depth have been a major problem. Not sure firing a guy will suddenly fix it

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin has certainly been disappointing so far but it is still very early, hasn't even taken a single carry in the regular season. Long-term still think he is our starter (not this year but the following years)

What happens if we fire our O-Line coach and the injuries keep happening and they continue to struggle? Just keep on hiring new OL coaches. Maybe it is Campen but injuries to Bulaga and Sherrod who were supposed to be our starting tackles when we drafted them, certainly hasn't helped. EDS seems to be a nice center, we have zero depth behind him but that has a lot to do with talent. Sitton is a stud, Bakhtiari is going to struggle this year, he is a rookie who was supposed to be a project left tackle and has now been thrown into the fire. Some of it could be coaching but injuries, lack of depth have been a major problem. Not sure firing a guy will suddenly fix it
Not saying "firing" will fix it....but sometimes, you have to "shake" things up a bit to get out of a "rut"........

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDS is a serviceable center and could be upgraded(wish we would have drafted B Jones) and Lang could definitely be upgraded(never been a fan of his especially after he got a pay raise) but I can see the rest of the starting group being pretty solid this year. The shuffling will take a little time but they will eventually gel and the sack number will go down. The running game will be the question.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too wish we could've drafted Barrett Jones. We could've gotten Bakh later in that round. JC Tretter was a MASSIVE reach on TT's part and he's hurt now. I said it was a wasted pick when we picked him because he probably could've been had in the 6th. Coaching has been an issue for the past 6 years and the one problem I've always had with this management team is that they wait until a situation is well fucked before actually doing something about it; and that's if they actually take action. I think EDS is going to crack down the stretch and it'll become a problem. Then we'll go to Van Roten and it'll be another quick fix.

Either way, I too am concerned about this...