• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an overview

Central Park jogger case - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Park_jogger_case

...and here's a follow up about your boy:

Opinion | Why Trump Doubled Down on the Central Park Five ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/opinion/why-trump-doubled-down...

But.. they were convicted, buy a jury of their "peers". Surely in this case science got it wrong and the convictions of five innocents should have stood. And it never should have gotten to science overturning the bogus conviction if they had just followed the will of the people an executed them for the crime they didnt commit.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still going on?

Thats ridiculous.

*A 20 something year old KID who carries his white guilt on his back like hes Christ carrying the cross through Jerusalem with an opinion on race relations which happen to mirror his peers from same demographic and background.
*A black guy who only sees it one way with an opinion on race relations
*A white guy who only sees it one way with an opinion on race relations

Guess I shouldnt be surprised that we are still here.

Everyone knows racism is bad and it is frowned upon, unless that racism is directed at the white population of course. Double standards certainly exist in 2018 does that make it okay because of Jim Crow and Slavery which occurred multiple generations ago?

I dont think so. Some people do though.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still going on?

Thats ridiculous.

*A 20 something year old KID who carries his white guilt on his back like hes Christ carrying the cross through Jerusalem with an opinion on race relations which happen to mirror his peers from same demographic and background.

Everyone knows racism is bad and it is frowned upon, unless that racism is directed at the white population of course. Double standards certainly exist in 2018 does that make it okay because of Jim Crow and Slavery which occurred multiple generations ago?

Whats funny is those 20 something kids are actually the future of this nation. Racism wont be fixed by the 50 somethings, because one side is too desperate to keep things from changing, and the other side admittedly remains pissed over 200+ years of racism that built this nation. Those double standards will die off, when people stop seeing change and progress as the enemy.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still going on?

Thats ridiculous.

Please do not opine if you aren't aware of historical events or the timing of the same I was a teen during the Jim Crow era. That was not multiple generations ago.

The vestiges of Slavery still exist as do those who were and are actively involved in it.

So let me be clear, what you're calling racism against people who you refer to as "white" should be remedied exactly how?
I'm sure that you mean well, but understand that racism is a system constructed to maintain advantages for a particular group. There's a huge difference between being a racist and being prejudiced.

Now, I'll grant you one thing about people who you refer to as "black " and their "racism" It is true that these people are racist and commit acts of racism. However because there is no power base or system designed for their benefit, they can only be racist and/commit acts of racism upon themselves. Long story short...What you're referring to is prejudice, not racism, against so called "white" people.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still going on?

Thats ridiculous.

This is easy...when you see those 20 something year olds unfairly carrying the burden of historical racism on their backs, tell them to go to their parent's home, don't hesitate and don't be deterred in their quest to get there. Upon arrival, make sure to ask them why they've supported that system of racism and now that they presumably know better, what's the plan to destroy it, replace it with a system that works fairly for everyone and make restitution to the countless numbers of families that continue to be decimated by that same system. When you get their answers, get back to us.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Why would i tell you? You're the one making the argument.

Actually, I am answering your questions. You asked the motivator...I am guessing the motivator is greed and self-indulgement because I don’t believe it is genetic pigmentation.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that 50% of marriages end in divorce. So the statistic of non latino whites growing up in nuclear families is a bullshits stat because its apples and oranges tracking children born in married households, and children growing up in nuclear families.
you understand that people do remarry , right ?

or maybe you feel that single parent homes means great and wonderful things happen most of the time

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you understand that people do remarry , right ?

or maybe you feel that single parent homes means great and wonderful things happen most of the time

Grew up in a single parent home. I think its to a large degree a self serving narrative promoted by the conservative right to push things like marriage and religion and not address the real problem which is the 30% of the country give or take that has for years been living at or below the poverty level. The quick, easy and biblical fix apparently is.. just get married. The reality is if you need two incomes just to survive in this GREAT economy, something is wrong far and above the magical marriage bullet.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grew up in a single parent home. I think its to a large degree a self serving narrative promoted by the conservative right to push things like marriage and religion and not address the real problem which is the 30% of the country give or take that has for years been living at or below the poverty level. The quick, easy and biblical fix apparently is.. just get married. The reality is if you need two incomes just to survive in this GREAT economy, something is wrong far and above the magical marriage bullet.
well you are part of the 28 %

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you are part of the 28 %

So wait, are you implying that 72% of people raised in single parent households fail in life, or just 72% of blacks raised in single parent households??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait, are you implying that 72% of people raised in single parent households fail in life, or just 72% of blacks raised in single parent households??
people that do fail of any race, that DO FAIL , not that they fail meaning they will fail but the ones who have already

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I am answering your questions. You asked the motivator...I am guessing the motivator is greed and self-indulgement because I don’t believe it is genetic pigmentation.

So why are they greedier and more self indulgent?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people that do fail of any race, that DO FAIL , not that they fail meaning they will fail but the ones who have already
Well even if those numbers are true (and I think they are inflated for effect) The real issue isnt single parent households. Its an economy and a society that makes it damn near impossible to survive on a single income. I know marriage and god seems like its the magic bullet, but reality is the nuclear family is slowly going the way of the dinosaur.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well even if those numbers are true (and I think they are inflated for effect) The real issue isnt single parent households. Its an economy and a society that makes it damn near impossible to survive on a single income. I know marriage and god seems like its the magic bullet, but reality is the nuclear family is slowly going the way of the dinosaur.

and if it does then alot more is going to go . those numbers arent inflated

solutions are on the table its whether you have the resolve to try

but if you dont have any faith (not religious either ) then why worry about it ? lets just let it run , do a civil war and hope the good guys win whomever that may be

i think you need to actually read the book i keep telling you to read " rules for radicals " by saul alynsky . go into it with an open mind and see if what he says isnt happening

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if it does then alot more is going to go . those numbers arent inflated

solutions are on the table its whether you have the resolve to try

but if you dont have any faith (not religious either ) then why worry about it ? lets just let it run , do a civil war and hope the good guys win whomever that may be

i think you need to actually read the book i keep telling you to read " rules for radicals " by saul alynsky . go into it with an open mind and see if what he says isnt happening

Tell you what, I will give it a read. But I have already read 1984 and I am seeing far to many coinkidinks for my liking.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats funny is those 20 something kids are actually the future of this nation. Racism wont be fixed by the 50 somethings, because one side is too desperate to keep things from changing, and the other side admittedly remains pissed over 200+ years of racism that built this nation. Those double standards will die off, when people stop seeing change and progress as the enemy.

I don’t think anything will die off if people keep blaming people for actions that happened 250 years ago, especially when they teach their children that white people hate them.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anything will die off if people keep blaming people for actions that happened 250 years ago.

Nice spin, but as i have said many times. Sure Slavery was and remains an issue. But most of us are much more pissed about the things that have happened in OUR life times that are by and large a remnant of the society that was setup directly by slavery. JIm Crow, Separate but equal, and the rampant societal biases of today were not 250 years ago.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice spin, but as i have said many times. Sure Slavery was and remains an issue. But most of us are much more pissed about the things that have happened in OUR life times that are by and large a remnant of the society that was setup directly by slavery. JIm Crow, Separate but equal, and the rampant societal biases of today were not 250 years ago.

Fair enough...are black people biased?

Do black people stay separate today by choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.