• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic but loosely related

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm adding this thread for stuff that's off topic but loosely related... This doesn't include politics but does include other sports. The idea is a place for items that are not Patriots related but similar in topic to items we routinely discuss...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so tired of NBA floppers being celebrated for their cagey ways when they are gaining an advantage from subterfugal action... AKA cheating.

Chris Paul and Kyle Lowery come to mind, but it seems the entire NBA is complicit.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a place to discuss the Cornhole championships widely broadcast by ESPN

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any MMA fans?

Do you guys think you could beat Amanda Nunes in a fight?

I think I could but that chick punches like a dude.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any MMA fans?

I do not think I could not at this age.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a place to discuss the Cornhole championships widely broadcast by ESPN
You certainly are correct and it'll be interesting how much interest that draws. I've never been into it much but a couple weeks back I found myself in a competitive match at a party. The party was at a VFW and the cornhole tournament wasn't associated with the party. I was invited to play for my entrance fee ($10), but to me that was worth answering my curiosity. Most of the players seemed like cornhole was their life. I have decent hand eye coordination and familiarity with the follow through concept so I didn't look too foolish and by the end was dropping them through with a high arc (I'd call it a rainbow if it were basketball).

Two weeks ago I would have thought your post was a total joke. After seeing the seriousness of the game, I think you were only have joking.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any MMA fans?

I'd think Charlie would bait her into some jujitsu grappling and lure her into a 69 hold, but she ain't big enough.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think Charlie would bait her into some jujitsu grappling and lure her into a 69 hold, but she ain't big enough.

I like the yummy taste of vag just as much as the next guy but the Nunes vag is one I think I'd pass on.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ever see Jim Nance wrestle? That NCAA stuff.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You certainly are correct and it'll be interesting how much interest that draws. I've never been into it much but a couple weeks back I found myself in a competitive match at a party. The party was at a VFW and the cornhole tournament wasn't associated with the party. I was invited to play for my entrance fee ($10), but to me that was worth answering my curiosity. Most of the players seemed like cornhole was their life. I have decent hand eye coordination and familiarity with the follow through concept so I didn't look too foolish and by the end was dropping them through with a high arc (I'd call it a rainbow if it were basketball).

Two weeks ago I would have thought your post was a total joke. After seeing the seriousness of the game, I think you were only have joking.
Ohh no I was fully joking, make no mistake about it

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the yummy taste of vag just as much as the next guy but the Nunes vag is one I think I'd pass on.
Yeah I agree I have a vision of it looking like a worn out leather saddle bag and smelling of rotted potatoes and cabbage

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any MMA fans?

Back when I was her age?

I would have taken everything she threw at me until she got tired or I got irritated.
Then she would have woken up on queer street.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back when I was her age?

I would have taken everything she threw at me until she got tired or I got irritated.
Then she would have woken up on queer street.

I guess I don't know how old people on here are. I'm talking about now at your current age. I'm 50 and I still train a bit(Northern Praying Mantis Kungfu and Muay Thai).

I think I could beat her but she definitely has some testosterone in her.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost 72. I bought an illuminated keyboard last night.

50 years ago, I would have taken her out in less than 30 seconds. Today, I have less than 10% of that same speed and agility. I wouldn't even try.
On the other hand, I think if I was under the threat of death, I could. If I had some adrenalin pumping, I could kill her pretty quick. Some things, don't need strength and you just never forget how you did it or how to do it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't know how old people on here are. I'm talking about now at your current age. I'm 50 and I still train a bit(Northern Praying Mantis Kungfu and Muay Thai).

I think I could beat her but she definitely has some testosterone in her.
55 with a bad back and bad knees and bad shoulders.
I don't look forward to being punched in order to get primed for a fight like I used to and I don't move nearly as quick as I used to.
I couldn't wait her out and absorb the abuse like I used to, I couldn't tire her out like I use to be able to, I would need a lucky strike.
Probably not happening.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost 72. I bought an illuminated keyboard last night.

50 years ago, I would have taken her out in less than 30 seconds. Today, I have less than 10% of that same speed and agility. I wouldn't even try.
On the other hand, I think if I was under the threat of death, I could. If I had some adrenalin pumping, I could kill her pretty quick. Some things, don't need strength and you just never forget how you did it or how to do it.
So killing your opponent is the objective in MMA?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
55 with a bad back and bad knees and bad shoulders.
I don't look forward to being punched in order to get primed for a fight like I used to and I don't move nearly as quick as I used to.
I couldn't wait her out and absorb the abuse like I used to, I couldn't tire her out like I use to be able to, I would need a lucky strike.
Probably not happening.
Don't feel bad. I'm 56 and am in great shape and still couldn't wait her out. Lung capacity decreases with age and great shape or not, I notice it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So killing your opponent is the objective in MMA?
It's kill or be killed for old farts like me. I can't take the beatings and injuries that I took fifty years ago and recover or survive. I went to special schools to learn how to kill. Ever have to to go to class and tear out a rabbit's throat with your teeth?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kill or be killed for old farts like me. I can't take the beatings and injuries that I took fifty years ago and recover or survive. I went to special schools to learn how to kill. Ever have to to go to class and tear out a rabbit's throat with your teeth?
It's a different world, one I'm glad I never needed to be part of and one I respect that you needed to be part of...