• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off set language keeping rookies from getting signed

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did your team sign all of their rookies?

My team still hasn't signed our top 3 picks, Dee Milliner, Sheldon Richardson, and Geno Smith. Milliner and Richardson aren't signed because of the offset language, the Jets policy is to have that in the contract and aren't budging. With Smith its because he wants a higher percentage of guaranteed money than others drafted around him because hes a QB, like Kaepernick and Dalton had when they went round 2 in previous years.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers only had 5 draft picks, and signed them all. I think the Milliner and Richardson picks were good for you guys - I know Carolina was looking at Richardson (high motor guy, struggles against downhill running). Milliner, we'll see - obviously losing DR you wanted to pick up a guy with high potential, though I don't know if he'll beat out Cromartie. It's hard to tell how good some of those Bama guys are, because they come from such a strong overall team.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need to beat out Cromartie. Cromartie is a top 10 CB. Milliner just needs to start opposite of him.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants are having a similar issue with their top pick Pugh.

I personally think the kid is being a bitch and am glad the Giants aren't budging.

He's the only 14-21 pick not signed.