• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last year we went with the FA thread , this year we will go with simply the off season

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Injuries Hit and Trades are Made, Redskins 2019 Offseason Needs Change

he lists qb as a top need but says we should address it in 2020 ??????????? i dont think its a top need

edge, cb wr, edge are top needs but OG has to be but isnt

if we retain cooper that is all fine and dandy but not having a quality BU guy who can start is a need with the o/line injuries we have had 2 years running . dean guy bergstrom is pedestrian and trotting out kujo isnt looking good either

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they pick a QB until 2020 unless someone is available that they really like. Maybe the take a guy late.

I am good with Cooper at LG. Line depth on both sides should always be considered. Would like to see them find a young edge guy that doesn't cost a lot. Secondary depth can always be improved. I think it is time to start thinking TE also.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive Coordinator? There are plays there to be made, they just aren't being made.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even when mcvay was here people griped about play calling . i think we just need better execution

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they pick a QB until 2020 unless someone is available that they really like. Maybe the take a guy late.

I am good with Cooper at LG. Line depth on both sides should always be considered. Would like to see them find a young edge guy that doesn't cost a lot. Secondary depth can always be improved. I think it is time to start thinking TE also.

QB just jumped into the top two position of "need" category. At 34 years of age, does anyone believe that Smith will be ready for next year if, he's ever going to recover enough to play again?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even when mcvay was here people griped about play calling . i think we just need better execution

Exactly!! Plays are plays, but players make them work. Good call!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB just jumped into the top two position of "need" category. At 34 years of age, does anyone believe that Smith will be ready for next year if, he's ever going to recover enough to play again?

My gut is he is at least a year from even trying it. My nephew had a compound fracture of ONE bone in his lower leg. He gave up football after that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well qb moved up the list , now we will see if any are worthy of doling out a 1st rounder

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the unrestricted free agents, there are five notable names. Teddy Bridgewater, Josh McCown, Brock Osweiler, Tyrod Taylor and Ryan Fitzpatrick lead the class. Only Bridgewater and Taylor have any potential to start, and both would be viewed as placeholders over answers.

Then there are the potential free agents, cut for performance or cap reasons.

Joe Flacco will be available. Some believe Jameis Winston will be jettisoned by the Buccaneers should they clean house, but that’s incredibly unlikely. Tampa Bay should be strongly leaning toward honoring Winston’s fifth-year option with the hope he improves as a 25-year-old.

Blake Bortles will probably hit the market, but who wants to sign him after the mess he leaves behind in Jacksonville? Eli Manning, Derek Carr, Ryan Tannehill and Andy Dalton will also get mentioned as potential cuts, but all four teams would have a tough time doing better for 2019.

Of all those names, Carr is the most intriguing. He was an MVP candidate in 2016 before breaking his leg. While he hasn’t replicated that success since, Carr is 27 years old (28 in March) and has played better down the stretch. Again, it’s likely Oakland retains him and plays the situation out, but with Jon Gruden, all options remain open.

Joe Flacco will be available. Some believe Jameis Winston will be jettisoned by the Buccaneers should they clean house, but that’s incredibly unlikely. Tampa Bay should be strongly leaning toward honoring Winston’s fifth-year option with the hope he improves as a 25-year-old.

Blake Bortles will probably hit the market, but who wants to sign him after the mess he leaves behind in Jacksonville? Eli Manning, Derek Carr, Ryan Tannehill and Andy Dalton will also get mentioned as potential cuts, but all four teams would have a tough time doing better for 2019.

Of all those names, Carr is the most intriguing. He was an MVP candidate in 2016 before breaking his leg. While he hasn’t replicated that success since, Carr is 27 years old (28 in March) and has played better down the stretch. Again, it’s likely Oakland retains him and plays the situation out, but with Jon Gruden, all options remain open.

Finally, there are Sean Mannion and Nick Foles. Mannion is scheduled to hit free agency while Foles has a $20 million base salary in 2019, making it nearly impossible for Philadelphia to keep him on that contract. Teams are quietly bullish on Mannion’s talent, while Foles has currency built up from his Super Bowl LII run.

Looking around the league, it will be a buyer’s market. Assuming the Dolphins, Raiders, Bengals and Giants all retain their current starters, who needs to fill the top of their depth chart? Jacksonville, Denver and Washington are all logical candidates, although Case Keenum is due $18 million in 2019.

With Alex Smith’s injury and Bortles’ disastrous campaign, the Redskins and Jaguars are the neediest franchises. Jacksonville has the luxury of a top-10 pick, while Washington will be in the top half of the first round. Perhaps the group of Lock, Haskins, Grier, Murray or Herbert fits the bill for both. We’ll know more as the Senior Bowl, combine and pro days pass.

If those teams want to go the veteran route while waiting to make their big push towards the future, there will be ample options. Bridgewater is still young and a former first-round pick who showed plenty in Minnesota. Flacco is no longer a quarterback capable of being elite, but he’s still a top-20 quarterback who can win games. If Carr hits the market, a full-fledged bidding war would break out.

Manion might be a FA I target

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, we are essentially down to Teddy Bridgewater, Josh McCown, Brock Osweiler, Tyrod Taylor and Ryan Fitzpatrick, huh?

I believe that everyone here know my position when drafting a QB. (Draft and sit) that said, given our position, I'd run with Bridgewater and perhaps Johnson depending on how he performs in upcoming games. Draft our Qb and begin retooling the team. (I'm not into rebuilding)

If Bruce Allen returns/stays he plays QB with no padding, helmet and the return of Shar Pourdanesh as his key blocker. Maybe he learns the hard way!:pound:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-building the Redskins Receiving Corps

here is a plan for the WR corp , the draft looks like the best place to start , a healthy PR , and sims stepping into the harris role. quinn could replace crowder if he walks and dox 's last stand

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3