• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OC Brian Schottenheimer

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Haley was fired as the Steelers offensive coordinator.

Much would've rather had him. He has had a lot of success over the years. IMO he's a really good offensive coordinator.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
todd haley is a hothead, would not fit on this team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers fans don't seem to have much good to say about Haley. In any case, to late Seahawks have filled the position

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass on Haley. Hawks don't need an OC to be bumping heads with the QB and throwing him under the bus when things go bad.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Haley looked good drafting all pro players on offense outside the first round and the steelers did look elite these last few season having both a run and pass game but can you imagine haleys personality dealing with the personality of the players on the team? If doug baldwin would have pushed haley the same way he pushed cable there would be a fight all over the sidelines.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Haley looked good drafting all pro players on offense outside the first round and the steelers did look elite these last few season having both a run and pass game but can you imagine haleys personality dealing with the personality of the players on the team? If doug baldwin would have pushed haley the same way he pushed cable there would be a fight all over the sidelines.

Why would you think Haley drafted anyone? Pretty sure the GM and HC had much more say in the matter, not sure they would even consult with Haley.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you think Haley drafted anyone? Pretty sure the GM and HC had much more say in the matter, not sure they would even consult with Haley.

Well yeah at the end of the day its all up to the GM and coach but I think it would be silly that the offensive coordinator would have 0 input on who would be a good selection in the draft being that they will be working with this person all season

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anything is possible. Cable had say on our o-line guys.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of the reasons I was against firing Bevell to begin with. This isn't anywhere near a top level job for an OC given the limited budget and the huge priority on the defensive side of the ball.

This was the best they could do? A team with aspirations of making more runs to the SB and they pick up a guy that hasn't had success running an offense really anywhere.

This is what many of you wanted. I'm not overly optimistic this will end up being any type of improvement.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah at the end of the day its all up to the GM and coach but I think it would be silly that the offensive coordinator would have 0 input on who would be a good selection in the draft being that they will be working with this person all season

Sure OC gives his opinions on a given player. Probably assist coaches do also. However the scouts and GM are the ones going to games narrowing the list of candidates . While the coaches are busy game planning the next game. So no the OC does not assembly the talent.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Haley was fired as the Steelers offensive coordinator.

Much would've rather had him. He has had a lot of success over the years. IMO he's a really good offensive coordinator.
I really dislike the guy and really didn't want him here even though he has a solid record as an OC. I just can't stand his arrogance. With the offensive talent he had in Pitt, he really should have stepped back and found a way to work with those guys without being such a douche. I know the players are douches ( Big Ben) but they are the stars. You do what you have to. With that roster, the Steelers should have been more consistent on offense and really blown the league out in the rankings. I think only the Rams are close to that talent level and aren't as seasoned. Of course, Pitt's D was god awful which never helps.
I guess we will see with Schottenheimer. I would rather give him a chance than have a personality like Haley on the sideline. It's not a "big splash" hire but they usually aren't.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, am completely underwhelmed at the Schotty hire. We needed more creativity on offense, not less.