• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Observations

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I finally got to watch the actual game and just a few observations...

Special Teams for the Broncos are very Special! The only critique I would have about the Broncos' offense getting talked about so much is the fact that the Defense and Special Teams get overshadowed even though both units have done really well. I dare say this is the best special teams unit we have possibly ever had. Prater obviously is not the best kicker we have ever had but he does pretty well and Colquitt and Holiday are obviously special players. Throw in we have now blocked 2 punts already this season and have not allowed any big returns. I remember during the preseason we all were getting a little nervous about our special teams unit as they were giving up some big returns but obviously they have fixed those issues.

OL deserves some love. Run and Pass Blocking have just been pretty darn impressive. Vasquez and Franklin are just a great 1-2 punch on that right side of the line.

Did anybody else notice that the Eagles players kept holding onto the Bronco players legs after they tackled them? Thought that was a pretty cheap way to try and stop this hurry up offense. Saw more than once them twisting on ankles and Bronco players trying to kick them off. I guess if you can't beat'em you try and cheat a bit but was very disappointed in the Eagles players for trying some of these cheap techniques.

Have to say that I love our coaching staff right now. Fox is the perfect players coach that just knows how to balance all of the different personalities that an NFL team has. Gase is the perfect OC coach for Peyton Manning with his Mike Martz history and it really shows this year. No longer when the Broncos build a big lead do they just run it 3 straight times and punt. And of course Del Rio please don't go to USC. Missing his two best players on defense and he still has this defense middle of the pack playing very disciplined defense.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Del Rio doesn't leave either, but I'm hearing more and more he's gonna be a prime candidate for their HC job.

Good call on the holding onto players after they went down. I saw probably 4-5 times from Knowshon alone where he was trying to get an Eggle off him. One time I remember he had to squirm his way out from underneath a pile of them cause they just laid on top of him. Nice try dummies....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the Bronco players are very disciplined that when these kind of things are happening they usually do not retaliate. Woodyard got smacked in the head by DeSean Jackson at one point and chased him down the field yet didn't lay a finger on him (might have head butted him a bit but didn't put his hands on him) and was definitely proud that Woodyard set the example of not getting stupid penalties that cost the team.

Also was excited to see how quickly the Bronco players instead of celebrating after a good play try to get the ball to the ref as quickly as possible to keep the offense going. You could tell when Moreno was squirming to get out of the pile of players his only thought was I have to get this ball to the ref as quickly as possible for Peyton.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the Bronco players are very disciplined that when these kind of things are happening they usually do not retaliate. Woodyard got smacked in the head by DeSean Jackson at one point and chased him down the field yet didn't lay a finger on him (might have head butted him a bit but didn't put his hands on him) and was definitely proud that Woodyard set the example of not getting stupid penalties that cost the team.

Also was excited to see how quickly the Bronco players instead of celebrating after a good play try to get the ball to the ref as quickly as possible to keep the offense going. You could tell when Moreno was squirming to get out of the pile of players his only thought was I have to get this ball to the ref as quickly as possible for Peyton.[/QUOTE]

Yah...that's what really made me take notice of it. I saw that play where Wood and DJax got all in each others faces, but I wasn't quite sure what set it off.

On the streets Jackson would be running for his life. Let's get real there Desean.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also was excited to see how quickly the Bronco players instead of celebrating after a good play try to get the ball to the ref as quickly as possible to keep the offense going. You could tell when Moreno was squirming to get out of the pile of players his only thought was I have to get this ball to the ref as quickly as possible for Peyton.[/QUOTE]

Yah...that's what really made me take notice of it. I saw that play where Wood and DJax got all in each others faces, but I wasn't quite sure what set it off.

On the streets Jackson would be running for his life. Let's get real there Desean.

I loved watching Jackson after he smacked Woodyard in the helmet just take off running knowing if Woodyard wanted he could have just laid him out. Jackson really is a punk. Not sure what caused him to hit Woodyard in the first place but knowing Woodyard and how he is as a person I can guarantee he wasn't the one who started it. The guy is nothing but class. Pay Him Broncos!

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was the first time I actually got to sit down and watch the eagles offense for the majority of a game. Is it me or has the media completely exaggerated about that offense?

Even in the first week there were a couple teams that ran more plays than the eagles and they have not looked very good since. Leading up to yesterday's game there were several "experts" wondering if the broncos can slow down the eagles offense or will this game turn into a fast-paced shootout. Every time I read that I could only think that the eagles have not had that prolific of an offense; after yesterday, I think they might be average at best.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles finally did take a delay of game penalty for that, but it was happening pretty much after every running play. I saw Woodyard in Jackson's face a few times. Love it. The team did play pretty disciplined. Moreno drew that unsportsmanlike penalty just before the half, but for the most part the Broncos didn't take the bait.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was the first time I actually got to sit down and watch the eagles offense for the majority of a game. Is it me or has the media completely exaggerated about that offense?

Even in the first week there were a couple teams that ran more plays than the eagles and they have not looked very good since. Leading up to yesterday's game there were several "experts" wondering if the broncos can slow down the eagles offense or will this game turn into a fast-paced shootout. Every time I read that I could only think that the eagles have not had that prolific of an offense; after yesterday, I think they might be average at best.

The media has definitely hyped them up. When they ran so many plays against the Redskins in the first quarter the media went crazy saying the Eagles are going to revolutionize football under Chip Kelly. I actually watched that game and it was more the turnovers, bad defensive calls, and just downright bad play by the Redskins that gave them the chance to run that much. Plus you could tell the Eagles were so gassed after that there was no way they could do it for a full season. Chip Kelly has definitely come back to earth after that first game hype. He is really going to have to adapt how he coaches if he wants to survive in this league.

Now as for the offense not being all that people thought. I would agree as their Red Zone offense is horrible to say the least. They don't have that big target for Vick to throw to and with all 11 defensive players being close to the line of scrimmage it really limits the big play ability of the run game. This kind of reminds of a few years back with the Broncos where they had the 2nd ranked offense in yards per game but were like middle of the pack when it came to points per game. They could move it between the 20's but when it really mattered to actually score points they couldn't get it done. I just don't think Vick has the accuracy or football IQ to really be successful in the Red Zone area like he needs to be.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the Chip Kelly fast paced Read Option was over-rated in the 3rd quarter of the Redskins game.

They quickly ran out of gas and their defense is atrocious.