• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NY Mets @ Phila. Phillies (6/24-27)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Nasty_Magician

Any thoughts or remedies to mitigate this ongoing shit show??

I'm out of ideas at this point.

They can't even get out of their own way even when they try.

It's just beyond ridiculous.

That curse is a real thing.

Can it get much worse???

I'm honestly at a point where I'm willing to tear the whole thing down. Thinking about the Seattle trade makes me sick to my stomach. This bullpen is just impossible to fix. We have made countless moves over the years and they never, ever pan out.

I think any hope of salvaging the season starts with replacing the manager. I'm not sure anyone can right this ship but I am sure Callaway cannot.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly at a point where I'm willing to tear the whole thing down. Thinking about the Seattle trade makes me sick to my stomach. This bullpen is just impossible to fix. We have made countless moves over the years and they never, ever pan out.

I think any hope of salvaging the season starts with replacing the manager. I'm not sure anyone can right this ship but I am sure Callaway cannot.

I totally agree....and been saying it for weeks now.

But as far as "tearing the whole thing down"...maybe not the entire thing, but some of them need to be shipped out asap either via trade for some players who can step in immediately, or to help re stock our minor league system...or a little of both.

I'd definitely keep McNeil, Alonso, Conforto, Nido, deGrom, Thor & Lugo....and say adios to pretty much everyone else.

Btw: I feel bad for all the lifelong and loyal mets fans everywhere, who stick with them thru thick & thin...
..but the baseball gods must really really really despise the wilponzi's extremely.

It's become a huge clusterfuck and a disgrace.

I'm just gonna leave it at that....for now.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree....and been saying it for weeks now.

But as far as "tearing the whole thing down"...maybe not the entire thing, but some of them need to be shipped out asap either via trade for some players who can step in immediately, or to help re stock our minor league system...or a little of both.

I'd definitely keep McNeil, Alonso, Conforto, Nido, deGrom, Thor & Lugo....and say adios to pretty much everyone else.

Btw: I feel bad for all the lifelong and loyal mets fans everywhere, who stick with them thru thick & thin...
..but the baseball gods must really really really despise the wilponzi's extremely.

It's become a huge clusterfuck and a disgrace.

I'm just gonna leave it at that....for now.

What's also unfortunate is all of the guys performing well aren't Brodie guys. None of the moves he has made have panned out thus far.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's also unfortunate is all of the guys performing well aren't Brodie guys. None of the moves he has made have panned out thus far.

They were playing pretty good decent baseball for the 1st 2 months, and it looked like they were starting to figure things out and work thru some of the injuries and slumps...but then once June hit, they really started to nose dive.

Sucks that Jed Lowery hasn't been able to get on the field yet.
He probably would've been the one player brought in by Brodie that proved him right.
I'm not too surprised by Cano's lack of contributions, but I'm somewhat perplexed by the Diaz drop off.

Last edited: