• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NY Mets. June 2018.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking:

GM Sandy Alderson to take leave of absence

Sandy Alderson will take an immediate, indefinite leave of absence from his role as Mets general manager to address his personal health, Alderson and the club announced on Tuesday. It's unclear whether or when Alderson will return.

Alderson, 70, will receive treatment for a recurrence of cancer, and said that his prognosis for recovery is good. He first fought the disease in late 2015. Assistant general manager John Ricco and special assistants J.P. Ricciardi and Omar Minaya will split the role in Alderson's absence.

"If I were to look at it on the merits, I'm not sure coming back is warranted," Alderson said. The GM later added, "I will not have decision-making authority moving forward."

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that Sandy is out, time to blow it up? Not that I trust John Ricco at all.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable. Even for the Mets.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugghhh..watching Familia piss this game away in the 9th was nauseating.

Mets had a 3-1 lead after 8.
He's faced 4 hitters and all have reached.
He left the game and didn't get an out.
Swarzak replaced him and he allows 4 runs...(all 4 charged to familia)

It's now a 5-3 Pirates lead.

Also....Nimmo's bat has disappeared since his finger injury...he's looked out of sorts and ineffective at the plate, yet for some reason Callaway keeps putting him in the lineup.

mets go down easily 1-2-3 in the home 9th.

Microcosm of the season in a nutshell right there.

Mets lose 5-3...and it didn't have to be.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates vs. Mets - Game Recap - June 27, 2018 - ESPN

Pirates score 4 runs in 9th inning in comeback

Just as winning is usually credited to the player's focused preparation and solid performance, I also realize that a lot of the losing is the result of continued horrendous play/subpar performance, and as professionals, the players are rightly to get blamed for their job failures........and I know some of you won't agree, but I think Callaway is a fraud...and in over his head as a MLB mgr. He's certainly no pitching guru from what I've seen so far....and whoever labeled him as such is out of their mind.

Frickin Dan Warthen was more of a "pitching guru"...and I couldn't stand him either, but he did get some positive results while in that position under 3 different managers.
Mets haven't had a decent PC since Rick (the Jacket) Peterson....imho..and we definitely haven't had a competent Mgr since Willie Randolph, and before him, Bobby Valentine.....and before them, Davey Johnson.

The game keeps on changing and evolving but the Mets don't improvise, adapt or innovate...and yet they won't stop making the same mistakes.
It's an endless cycle and trend...........
Ownership is a joke, the front office is again in a state of uncertainty and instability, the medical & training staff is a constant embarrassment, and the scouting dept is inept and pretty much all but useless at this point.

* Fwiw....the Mets are off on Thursday, and they'll be in Miami for a weekend series with the Marlins.

Last edited: