• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NY Mets....August 2017

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

Your guess is as good as mine...

...but I'm thinking a few GM's will be asking about Granderson, Cabrera & probably Reyes.

It's amazing Granderson is still kicking around. What's the word on Reyes? Healthy?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
subway-series.jpg

lets-go-mets.jpeg

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too little too late....Mets lose 5-4
deGrom wasn't particularly sharp...and to make matters worse he got no run support.

Gray a winner as Yanks overcome shaky Aroldis

*Dom Smith hit his 1st big league HR.....and Amed Rosario connected for his 2nd.

Mets: RHP Robert Gsellman (hamstring) will come off the disabled list to start versus the Yankees on Wednesday night at Citi Field. He was 5-5 with a 6.16 ERA before he was injured in late June. He'll pitch in place of RHP Seth Lugo, who was put on the 10-day DL with a right shoulder impingement.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
• Mets: RHP Noah Syndergaard threw 20 pitches off the bullpen mound before the game and later said, "This is the best I've ever felt." It was his first time on a mound since tearing his lat on April 30.
RHP Matt Harvey (shoulder) is set for his second rehab outing on Wednesday for Class A Brooklyn. He threw 18 pitches in his first outing. ... RHP Jeurys Familia is set to pitch Wednesday for Class A St. Lucie. It will be his first rehab appearance since having surgery for a blood clot in his shoulder.

• The Mets acquired OF Travis Snider from Texas for cash and sent him to Triple-A Las Vegas. He last played in the majors in 2015 with Pittsburgh and Baltimore. He was hitting .294 with nine homers and 44 RBIs this year at Triple-A Round Rock. The Mets also signed RHP Neil Wagner to a minor league deal. He most recently was in the majors in 2014 with Toronto.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ughhh I can't wait for this wasted clusterfuck of a season to end for the Mets so Collins, Warthen and the rest of their staff along with Sandy and hopefully the training strength & conditioning coaches and some of the medical staff are finally removed from this team once & for all.

When things were going good it never lasted more than a few games if at all....when they went wrong it kept getting worse.

Really looking forward to all the young players and the injured pitchers coming back fresh in 2018...with what better be brand new management.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheeesh.
:gaah:

Matzie matzie matzie .....:L

Done after just 3.1...and 77 pitches.

FFS.... just fire Collins & Warthen now before the end of the season and get it over with.
Mets pitchers are either told not throw inside...or they're just afraid to do it.

It's Pitiful and embarrassing.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the less than amazin's salvage 1 game to avoid a sweep??
Will Matz ever step up again???
No, and evidently no... :L

And the Mets season cancellation tour continues as Granderson goes to LAD. Happy for him but gonna be hard to cheer for the Dodgers just so he could get a ring

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took my son to Brooklyn Thursday night to watch the Cyclones. This was the night after Harvey pitched. They lost 5-0 and took until the fifth inning to register a hit - kinda like the parent club.

But, we got a free beer stein giveaway, my son caught a T-shirt, and Edgardo Alfonzo threw him a fouled ball, which was pretty cool

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, and evidently no... :L

And the Mets season cancellation tour continues as Granderson goes to LAD. Happy for him but gonna be hard to cheer for the Dodgers just so he could get a ring

I hope Grandy does well with LA...and as far as the Dodgers in this year's postseason, I won't be all too happy about it, but I'll definitely be rooting for them ahead of the Nats, Cubs, Cards, Dbacks or Rockies.
They are after all a part of the Mets legacy and one of the 2 main reasons the Mets even became a franchise in the 1st place 55 yrs ago...the other being the Giants when they both moved out of NY for the west coast in the late 50's.