• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ny jet thread..should there be one?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't even be active. White to start, Flacco to be the back up.

if he isnt active, they should have just made up an injury... just to not create the drama...

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boy do i disagree... Benching him is a joke... Especially since he has won every non Patriot game he played in this season...

and lets not pretend he was the ONLY reason the jets lost this week...

I mean, what is even the statement given to him... Benching him now, is like admitting they were wrong in drafting him... which is fine... But you really are playing with his confidence... and for what?? the bears?? a terrible defense!!!

This is typical jets doing jets things... they just dont get it...
The defense won those games, Wilson has been bad and last week he was historically bad. He had 70 yards and 25 of that was a badly under thrown pass Mims adjusted on and caught. They've been showing the overhead shots of the field and he didn't see wide open receivers time after time. He couldn't complete simple screen passes. This is the right move, this is a game they have to win if they're going to try and make the playoffs and it looks like Zach lost the team. Not all of this is on him, they haven't coached him worth a crap and the O coordinator is awful.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so... they lost this week... not really surprised as the patriots mentally own them... sucks that they had 2 weeks to prepare and they played like THAT...

But again i just dont understand their offensive mentality... they passed just as much as they ran... but that includes undesigned scrambles by Wilson... and they bring in a third RB even though neither of their top 2 backs reached 10 carries...

Please explain this... this is why their record drives me nuts... because they have no clue what they are doing offensively... even when the offense scores TDs...

But whats great is that they play the bears next week most likely without Fields... so they should win...
"An underrated part of Bill Belichick's legacy has been systematically ending the careers of so many Jets 1st round pick QBs. The Butt Fumble was the beginning of the end for Sanchez. He made Sam Darnold see ghosts. And now, Zach Wilson," NFL analyst Lindsay Jones wrote on Twitter."

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"An underrated part of Bill Belichick's legacy has been systematically ending the careers of so many Jets 1st round pick QBs. The Butt Fumble was the beginning of the end for Sanchez. He made Sam Darnold see ghosts. And now, Zach Wilson," NFL analyst Lindsay Jones wrote on Twitter."
Great Point!
Eli gets a kick outta this part.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Jets would start Flacco since he started the first 3 games of the season.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense won those games, Wilson has been bad and last week he was historically bad. He had 70 yards and 25 of that was a badly under thrown pass Mims adjusted on and caught. They've been showing the overhead shots of the field and he didn't see wide open receivers time after time. He couldn't complete simple screen passes. This is the right move, this is a game they have to win if they're going to try and make the playoffs and it looks like Zach lost the team. Not all of this is on him, they haven't coached him worth a crap and the O coordinator is awful.

i agree he hasnt been coached well... and the O coordinator sucks... i have been saying this all season that their record is driving me nuts, because i dont see the team identity... at least in offense...

But again, they are playing the BEARS... this is the worst defense they are facing all season, especially since Wilson came back... Wouldnt you assume that this would be his LAST chance?? having it be vs the patriots, a team that has mentally owned the jets for over a decade and has one of the better defenses in football, is just not fair... especially for a player they have so much dedication to...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

An underrated part of Belichick's legacy is how many great offenses he has frustrated over the years. Some of the best. These losers? Yeah, I think they would've failed regardless.

IIRC, Chris Simms was really big on Zach Wilson coming out of the draft. I did see some dissenting opinion from various sources pegging him somewhat like Baker Mayfield and not a Matt Stafford. It is pretty crazy how quickly he flamed out, though.

Last edited:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree he hasnt been coached well... and the O coordinator sucks... i have been saying this all season that their record is driving me nuts, because i dont see the team identity... at least in offense...

But again, they are playing the BEARS... this is the worst defense they are facing all season, especially since Wilson came back... Wouldnt you assume that this would be his LAST chance?? having it be vs the patriots, a team that has mentally owned the jets for over a decade and has one of the better defenses in football, is just not fair... especially for a player they have so much dedication to...
I think they want the kid to take a step back and work on some basics before they end up ruining him. I also think Saleh is trying not to lose the rest of the team. They need to win this game if they're going to have any shot at the playoffs and putting him back out there may lead to a revolt by the rest of the team. Mike White is no world beater so I'd be shocked if Zach doesn't get another shot.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if they had a good qb, if I'm the Jets front office. I'm doing what I can to get a good qb in the offseason. Not these old timers like Rodgers and Brady either. Lamar Jackson can be had imo.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if they had a good qb, if I'm the Jets front office. I'm doing what I can to get a good qb in the offseason. Not these old timers like Rodgers and Brady either. Lamar Jackson can be had imo.
That’s a thought.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somebody called me a loon for saying Mike White should start over wilson in the beginning of the season. Just think where the Jets would be if he started right at the first game

Happy to see zach benched hope wilson starts the remainder of the season.