• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ny jet thread..should there be one?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand to a point...One playoff win won't do it, it's to the point of multiple wins is advancement and reasonable expectations for Dallas fans.
BUT for the Jets? Zero saw this, great additions and way ahead of expectations, ride the wave. Playing with house money if they get in.

When did I say I don’t want them to make the playoffs??Or that I wouldn’t be excited to see them there?? I said at this point they will be a big disappointment if they don’t make the playoffs.

With that said. I don’t have confidence in them at all yet. Still waiting to understand the teams identity. I know they want to be a defensive team and run first offense. But I have not seen the commitment to the run. Nor their confidence in their backs now that hall is out for the rest of the season.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without question...right now
Yep...halfway through the season he has to be in it.
But as we all know....things can change on a dime drastically.
After their bye week, they have a pretty tough road schedule in 5 of their final 8 games.
@NE, @Minn, @Buff, @Sea, @Mia....home for Chi, Det & Jax.
If they hold court at home....and win 1 or 2 of those away games it would give them 10 or 11 wins...which should definitely keep him in the convo.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say I don’t want them to make the playoffs??Or that I wouldn’t be excited to see them there?? I said at this point they will be a big disappointment if they don’t make the playoffs.

With that said. I don’t have confidence in them at all yet. Still waiting to understand the teams identity. I know they want to be a defensive team and run first offense. But I have not seen the commitment to the run. Nor their confidence in their backs now that hall is out for the rest of the season.
All things considered...you have to admit the adjustments they're making and how they implement and improvise with their game plan has been working out pretty well somehow. And I hear you, and given their recent history expecting the worst is par for the course....but maybe they've finally turned the corner into becoming and staying legit. We shall see.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered...you have to admit the adjustments they're making and how they implement and improvise with their game plan has been working out pretty well somehow. And I hear you, and given their recent history expecting the worst is par for the course....but maybe they've finally turned the corner into becoming and staying legit. We shall see.

Not sure if they are really adjustments on offense. Maybe defense as they seem to be much better in the second half.

But offensively it seems like they play the wait and see game. And then once they get the lead then they try to control the clock by running.

But yea. But that’s what also scares me. The problem with defensive first teams is that they can’t play from behind well. Sure they just beat Buffalo. And that was very exciting to see that. But I have no confidence that that will happen again. Especially in Buffalo.

What is scary. They are 6-3 but there are 5 wc teams right now all over 500. 2 of them will not make the playoffs. I really don’t want to be over 500 and not make the playoffs. That is my worst case scenario. And i really think it’s gonna happen.

And yea. It is hard to get the pessimism out of my jets fandom. I’m trying. But again. I need to see more than just wins. I want to know what this team is.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if they are really adjustments on offense. Maybe defense as they seem to be much better in the second half.

But offensively it seems like they play the wait and see game. And then once they get the lead then they try to control the clock by running.

But yea. But that’s what also scares me. The problem with defensive first teams is that they can’t play from behind well. Sure they just beat Buffalo. And that was very exciting to see that. But I have no confidence that that will happen again. Especially in Buffalo.

What is scary. They are 6-3 but there are 5 wc teams right now all over 500. 2 of them will not make the playoffs. I really don’t want to be over 500 and not make the playoffs. That is my worst case scenario. And i really think it’s gonna happen.

And yea. It is hard to get the pessimism out of my jets fandom. I’m trying. But again. I need to see more than just wins. I want to know what this team is.
True...good points...but there's also a kind of unpredictability paradigm they have going which can play to their benefit against certain teams...and I think it has, and will continue.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...good points...but there's also a kind of unpredictability paradigm they have going which can play to their benefit against certain teams...and I think it has, and will continue.
Is there?? The jets road to 6 wins is a weird one.

Browns- Flacco and the jets had magic and took advantage of bad game management(that really wasn’t even that bad. It was more a we never would have thought you can score 14 points in less than 2 minutes)

Steelers- trubisky was on his way to losing his job anyway. And does midway through. Then they asked too much from Pickett

Broncos- surprise. No Russell Wilson. No running backs. Did they have anyone offensively??

Dolphins- tua is hurt and not playing. Teddy gets hurt first series of game. Let’s go to qb#3

Packers- this was not the same Aaron Rodgers as past season and this game was during the packers downslide.

Bills- definitely best win of the season. Probably the best jets win in the past 5 years.

If by unpredictable paradigm you mean playing a team at their absolute lowest then yes I agree. Lol.

The other thing the jets have had for them is that they are playing a last place schedule. So they have lots of weak opponents.

Damn my pessimism is stronger than I thought it was. And I thought it was high.

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there?? The jets road to 6 wins is a weird one.

Browns- Flacco and the jets had magic and took advantage of bad game management(that really wasn’t even that bad. It was more a we never would have thought you can score 14 points in less than 2 minutes)

Steelers- trubisky was on his way to losing his job anyway. And does midway through. Then they asked too much from Pickett

Broncos- surprise. No Russell Wilson. No running backs. Did they have anyone offensively??

Dolphins- tua is hurt and not playing. Teddy gets hurt first series of game. Let’s go to qb#3

Packers- this was not the same Aaron Rodgers as past season and this game was during the packers downslide.

Bills- definitely best win of the season. Probably the best jets win in the past 5 years.

If by unpredictable paradigm you mean playing a team at their absolute lowest then yes I agree. Lol.

The other thing the jets have had for them is that they are playing a last place schedule. So they have lots of weak opponents.

Damn my pessimism is stronger than I thought it was. And I thought it was high.
We can dissect, split hairs, and make excuses till the cows come home.
The fact of the matter is, they for the most part have been TCOB...and that should be viewed as a net positive...even with however many grains of salt you feel like you need to add.
That said..they've been a real nice surprise....and that fan base really needs it.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact of the matter is, they for the most part have been TCOB...and that should be viewed as a net positive...even with however many grains of salt you feel like you need to add.
That said..they've been a real nice surprise....and that fan base really needs it.
Hate to spoil the Jets party but I remember back in 90 I belonged to Bally;s Fitness in East Prov RI and mark Gastineau was there signing autographs. He was upset that I declined and when he asked me why, Im like you're in the heart of Patriot country and we despise the Jets. But seriously best luck rest of season and I should have grabbed Bridgette before she went black

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. And again. I am excited for this second half. My expectations are just low. And I’m prepared for failure.

But don’t get me wrong. I’d love to see them in the playoffs!!!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so... they lost this week... not really surprised as the patriots mentally own them... sucks that they had 2 weeks to prepare and they played like THAT...

But again i just dont understand their offensive mentality... they passed just as much as they ran... but that includes undesigned scrambles by Wilson... and they bring in a third RB even though neither of their top 2 backs reached 10 carries...

Please explain this... this is why their record drives me nuts... because they have no clue what they are doing offensively... even when the offense scores TDs...

But whats great is that they play the bears next week most likely without Fields... so they should win...

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had to be benched. He was horrible last week and should have been benched in the 2nd half. If so they may have won. He didn't see wide open receivers, can't throw a screen pass and was a douche at the press conference after the game. He took zero responsibility. He did the exact opposite of what Justin Fields did after the Bears game. They have a good shot at winning this week with competent QB play considering how good the D has been. This is the smart move as is going with White other than Flacco. Flacco can't move and the O line is still depleted by injuries.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't even be active. White to start, Flacco to be the back up.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had to be benched. He was horrible last week and should have been benched in the 2nd half. If so they may have won. He didn't see wide open receivers, can't throw a screen pass and was a douche at the press conference after the game. He took zero responsibility. He did the exact opposite of what Justin Fields did after the Bears game. They have a good shot at winning this week with competent QB play considering how good the D has been. This is the smart move as is going with White other than Flacco. Flacco can't move and the O line is still depleted by injuries.

boy do i disagree... Benching him is a joke... Especially since he has won every non Patriot game he played in this season...

and lets not pretend he was the ONLY reason the jets lost this week...

I mean, what is even the statement given to him... Benching him now, is like admitting they were wrong in drafting him... which is fine... But you really are playing with his confidence... and for what?? the bears?? a terrible defense!!!

This is typical jets doing jets things... they just dont get it...