• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ny jet thread..should there be one?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, when you miss the playoffs despite one of the best rosters in football, you know your QB situation is trash. We're now back to the Rex Ryan years for the Jets. Good and bad.
Yeah, solid pieces throughout. Very good defensive front, a lock down corner, good receiving group, maybe need a little on the Oline still and if Breece Hall bounces back okay, he's really good. I can see them making a serious push for Derek Carr. Mike White can be a solid back up but he's not a starter and Flacco should just retire. Not sure if Carr is the answer but he's likely the best option they will have. Maybe they draft a prospect in the 2nd or 3rd round and let him learn behind whatever they do.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, when you miss the playoffs despite one of the best rosters in football, you know your QB situation is trash. We're now back to the Rex Ryan years for the Jets. Good and bad.

I have been comparing this regime to the Rex ryan regime all season... problem with defensive first teams, is if they dont have a capable offense, they will not be good.... they will be overused-which causes injury, and they will lose the field possession game, which will make it easier for the opposing team to score, no matter how good the defense is...

and problem so far with saleh, just like Ryan, is that they look absolutely lost on offense...

I actually do think Carr might be the answer for the jets... all i know is that i dont want to start over with a new rookie QB, on a team that does not know how to coach young QBs...

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with their first pick in the first round the jets select Anthony Richardson quarterback florida.... :pound:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been comparing this regime to the Rex ryan regime all season... problem with defensive first teams, is if they dont have a capable offense, they will not be good.... they will be overused-which causes injury, and they will lose the field possession game, which will make it easier for the opposing team to score, no matter how good the defense is...

and problem so far with saleh, just like Ryan, is that they look absolutely lost on offense...

I actually do think Carr might be the answer for the jets... all i know is that i dont want to start over with a new rookie QB, on a team that does not know how to coach young QBs...
I agree @MilkSpiller22 . Drafting QBs has not been the Jets strong suit and they clearly haven't been able to develop young guys very well. Carr gives them the best chance to maximize the young talented core and turn the tide.

PS: I would like to see how well Derek Carr can do with a competent defense on the other side of the ball.