• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nuraman's Favorite Time of Year

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right! It's Nuraman's absolutely favorite day of the year coming up this Tuesday, where fans of all ages gather around waiting for the NBA Schedule to be announced so that we can pencil in the victories and predict exactly how many gimmies there are and how unfair parts of the schedule.

For the new guys, this post is sarcasm... and Nuraman would prefer that I hadn't said that because it was better as a joke thread without it (and that it was obvious by the title and tone, even if people don't know both or either of us)... and Nuraman would dislike that I explained the inside joke to you all when that's part of the fun of learning a new board. But still, he'd see some positive in it because it gives everyone a sense of our personalities - but he'd realize that that could have been done without explaining it.

And all of this was predictable... except for the one part in which he will find unpredictable... but I can't predict which part that is. He would particularly think my use of irony here (not being able to predict what would be found predictable) was predictable... or not?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, correct me if I'm wrong, Nuraman.

Penciling wins are bad because we don't know how good or bad some teams are, any team can beat any other on a given night, there are injuries that we won't know about, and complaining about tough stretches are bad because all teams have them and these stretches build a team or test them, as the ultimate goal - the playoffs and championships are tough like that - and the teams that aren't going to the playoffs have comparably tougher games because everyone is better than they are overall and these are opportunities. Sometimes, in the regular season, it isn't about winning, but rather developing, working on your game, etc. Oh, it also fails to factor in the chemistry of the team, presumes momentum when it doesn't exist, and doesn't account for lineup changes.

Also, the opponents and locations are set for the most part anyway, so what's the big deal?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is: Utah Jazz Regular Season Schedule

I wonder when they will announce the playoffs schedule? December? ;)

5 of first 7 on the road. One 6-game road trip. One 7 of 8. 20 Back-to-Backs. As I said last year, we're obligated to lose at least one on the back-to-back games.

As Larry Bird says, "41 home, 41 away. Dem's the schedule." Simple.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wed, Jan 15
@ San Antonio

6:00 PM MST ESPN

Wed, Mar 26
vs Memphis
8:30 PM MST ESPN

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mon, Nov 25
vs Chicago

7:00 PM MST NBATV

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for misquoting me. In real life, whenever I try to misquote myself, what I say ends up being an accurate quote of what I'm saying at the moment. It's hard to put words you've never said in your mouth because once you do, by the time you get to the last word of the sentence, you've said it, though you could be correct in saying you've never said it before.

Me: The Jazz were the best team in sports? I never said that.
Someone Else: You just said it.
Me: I meant before. I never said the Jazz were the best team ever.
Someone Else: Before.
Me: Correct.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for misquoting me.

You're welcome.

I'm trying to create some hype and enthusiasm for the upcoming season, and your exuberant declaration captured it perfectly.

I hope others feel the same as you do.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the format of the article.

Too much clicking.

By posting such articles as that one, you're making it Nuraman's NOT favorite time of the year.

To be honest, I didn't even click on the article. I searched "Utah Jazz" on Google with the filter of 24 hours. Then, I highlighted the link to copy and I pasted it here. Please accept my deep hearted apologies. Will happen again. I mean, it will, but not for awhile? No promises.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smile when I see this thread title.

Then I wrinkle my lips when I realize it's about the scheduling.

My REAL favorite time of the year is the playoffs! Not the offseason.

This thread title is a running joke troll of me.

I also like sakatater's thread titles, such as "No Game Thread!"