1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Number two draft pick

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Kings' started by davnlaguna, Jun 26, 2020.

1. davnlaguna

davnlaguna Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,637

I know nothing but whoever they pick should be good

2. Kings4OT

Kings4OT Suck my Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

We're #2! We're #2!

For a while now

3. Stunner_At_Staples_Kings

Stunner_At_Staples_Kings Giant Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,023

Great news, and definitely was not expecting that. Obviously would have been game changing to get the #1, but when you add this #2 to what they already have going in development, this is all looking extremely positive. Reading different things on how it could be a crapshoot after the #1, but there appears to be some consensus growing on that Quinton Byfield kid. Kings having sort of a good "problem" with all the center depth they have (boosted by that Toffoli trade as well). Absolutely can't complain, but would like to see the Kings try to add some defensive prospects to go with all this forward talent they're stockpiling.

Very exciting news (Especially after getting shafted last year, and seemingly every year).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kings4OT

Kings4OT Suck my Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I would prefer stutzle, but would be ok with byfield...rumor is they are looking at drysdale. Personally i want the best player at #2, not what someone thinks the kings "need".

5. davnlaguna

davnlaguna Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,637

If the Kings don’t take Byfield, I hope they trade out of the #2 spot. Get Drysdale and another pick type of deal. They have another first to get a defenseman , I believe.

6. Fox4Kings

Fox4Kings Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 600

Only 1 first but yeah if they want Drysdale I hope they trade down to get him.

7. Stunner_At_Staples_Kings

Stunner_At_Staples_Kings Giant Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,023

Been diving in on some Youtube vids and articles, and you guys might be right. Craig Button was doing a breakdown and he said of their panel of ten "Experts" (Whatever that is worth. I honestly don't know), they had 5 pick Byfield at #2 and 5 pick Stutzle at #2. The only reason they put Stutzle as their #2 is because of the 5 experts that didn't pick Byfield #2, 2 of those guys had him significantly lower.

The argument against Byfield is that that QMJHL has poor defense and this allows him to basically stack his points with his speed. But they say he's like Malkin on the upside.

I don't know enough, but they were bigger on Stutzle overall with his stickhandling and overall skillset ("Can stickhandle in a phone booth"). They are both very fast too.

To be honest, it's hard to mess up a top 2 pick, so it's all good. Would just love to see LA look more towards building their defensive prospects after that top pick. Spend the rest of the rounds on getting some defensive prospects. D usually take longer to develop, but you can find plenty of talent in later rounds.