• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that's total dedication

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens offensive coordinator is not taking interviews right now and is focused on the playoffs.

“I said, ‘John if anybody wants to talk to me, just tell them no. I’m a busy man right now. I’ve got a lot to do,’”

Gary Kubiak Responds To Head Coaching Interest

Look and learn Rex, this is what genuine people do.....:nod:

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens offensive coordinator is not taking interviews right now and is focused on the playoffs.

“I said, ‘John if anybody wants to talk to me, just tell them no. I’m a busy man right now. I’ve got a lot to do,’”

How it should be, that's just professional etiquette.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure he can't be interviewed until the playoffs are done anyway so him saying this seems a bit more PR related than him just being committed to the team.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Ravens had a bye week he'd probably take an interview since there's an extra week. Once the week for a game starts no coach is going to interview with another team. This isn't some revolutionary team-first move.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also not be doing any interviews for head coaching jobs until the playoffs are over.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that head coaches work 100 hour weeks. Coordinators are probably not far behind. He probably really is too busy.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that head coaches work 100 hour weeks. Coordinators are probably not far behind. He probably really is too busy.

I imagine you are correct. The bummer is so many of these guys really bust it only to lose it to things totally out of their control.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Podunkparte;6121840[B said:
If the Ravens had a bye week h]e'd probably take an interview[/B] since there's an extra week. Once the week for a game starts no coach is going to interview with another team. This isn't some revolutionary team-first move.

No this some OC and DC that have a bye are actually doing some interviews this week. if your playing this Sat or Sun how could you?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan interviewed for the Jets HC job while we were in the playoffs that year and some believe he let up in the AFCCG because they wanted him but they were interviewing other candidates and he would have sold his mother's heart for a kit kat bar to be a HC....
I think it's up to the FO of the team they work for to give or deny permission....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,571.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he can't be interviewed until the playoffs are done anyway so him saying this seems a bit more PR related than him just being committed to the team.

Yep... Was just going to say something along these lines... I could only do so if he was on a bye...

No coach should listen to offers the week they're preparing for a game...

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if he were this focused during the season they'd have a better playoff spot. :pound:

Maybe if you were more focused, you wouldn't look like this....
Have you ever heard of a thing called a salad ????

roth.jpg

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, that is gross! No amount of booze could make that look doable.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

roth.jpg

Ah yes, insults. Tells me you got nothing intelligent as a comeback.

Face it, you were lucky to get a wild card. You needed help to get in - and that tells me there was a lot wrong with the Ravens this year.

Hey, you still defending what Ray Rice did in that elevator as, "We don't know the whole story"? Still defending the fans in your house giving him a standing ovation after what he did?

Classy bunch you got there. :pound:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan interviewed for the Jets HC job while we were in the playoffs that year and some believe he let up in the AFCCG because they wanted him but they were interviewing other candidates and he would have sold his mother's heart for a kit kat bar to be a HC....
I think it's up to the FO of the team they work for to give or deny permission....

It is up to the FO a little but very rarely do they deny letting a Coordinator interview for a HC job. Again in this situation though they can't really turn down anybody because he cannot be interviewed by league rules since his team is playing this weekend. In fact he can't be interviewed until the playoffs are done because of the team being in the Wild Card week. Only the coaches of the teams with Bye Weeks can be interviewed at this time. Now yes it can become a distraction if that Coordinator lets it. I remember back in 2012 when the Broncos OC Mike McCoy went to interview with the Chargers and he flew down there and spent most of the bye week getting everything ready for his interview. To me that ended up being a huge deal and part of the reason they lost in the divisional round. This year thankfully for the Broncos the OC Gase is getting interviewed but he said he got all of his HC interview material ready in the off season so he wouldn't have to worry about it this week and is having any team that wants him to come to Denver instead of him flying to see them.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

roth.jpg

OS must be a lot of friction in your household,with the MRs. being a Pitt fan,esp this weekend ouch!! Plus I wouldn't post family pics on SportsHoopla. GL Sat

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is up to the FO a little but very rarely do they deny letting a Coordinator interview for a HC job. Again in this situation though they can't really turn down anybody because he cannot be interviewed by league rules since his team is playing this weekend. In fact he can't be interviewed until the playoffs are done because of the team being in the Wild Card week. Only the coaches of the teams with Bye Weeks can be interviewed at this time. Now yes it can become a distraction if that Coordinator lets it. I remember back in 2012 when the Broncos OC Mike McCoy went to interview with the Chargers and he flew down there and spent most of the bye week getting everything ready for his interview. To me that ended up being a huge deal and part of the reason they lost in the divisional round. This year thankfully for the Broncos the OC Gase is getting interviewed but he said he got all of his HC interview material ready in the off season so he wouldn't have to worry about it this week and is having any team that wants him to come to Denver instead of him flying to see them.

:agree:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OS must be a lot of friction in your household,with the MRs. being a Pitt fan,esp this weekend ouch!! Plus I wouldn't post family pics on SportsHoopla. GL Sat

I'm sorry Sonny, I had no idea that pic was of your wife !!!!! :noidea: