• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that we have supposedly resigned riley, Sharks FA hopes

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the Riley thing is true.. here is my list of Guys Im hoping we ink to deals

Mike Mitchell... we need a solid Safety
Collins for RT. Im not against Polumbus, but I think he needs to be a backup.
Joe Mays as the other ILB. I actually wanted him last year, and he is young enough to be a semi long term addition

Munnerlyn or davis at CB. I think both are young enough and good enough to make a difference long term.

Aside from that, its been a rough Monday, so I will have to add to the list tomorrow when I can think a bit more.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to add Bethea

Think he is close to as good as Byrd, but will cost about $3-4 million less per year. :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer Jenkins to Bethea.

I did say its been a rough monday. Im actually hoping for Bethea and Mitchell. But Jenkins would work as well. We do need two starting safety's after all. :)

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say its been a rough monday. Im actually hoping for Bethea and Mitchell. But Jenkins would work as well. We do need two starting safety's after all. :)

Off topic but anyone hear how Thomas is doing rehabbing? He could be another piece in the safety puzzle.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic but anyone hear how Thomas is doing rehabbing? He could be another piece in the safety puzzle.

Figure we wont hear much about that until july and I dont think we can count on him as being more than a ST/rotation player this year in any case. Would be nice if we could count on him as a starter, but that would be a reach at best.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figure we wont hear much about that until july and I dont think we can count on him as being more than a ST/rotation player this year in any case. Would be nice if we could count on him as a starter, but that would be a reach at best.

I'd say we should go in with a question mark at S for the season. Resign Doughty but let Thomas and Rambo have a shot to prove themselves.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need a WR. I would like Andre Roberts or Dexter McCluster. Emmanuel Sanders at a cheaper deal would also work. RG3 has nobody to throw to except Garcon and Reed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say we should go in with a question mark at S for the season. Resign Doughty but let Thomas and Rambo have a shot to prove themselves.

I might agree, but the truth is, if our defense sucks again because of the safety position. We will be facing a total reload again in 2015. That being the case, Im hoping they at least upgrade one of the safety spots and dont leave Haslett out to dry..... again

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a WR. I would like Andre Roberts or Dexter McCluster. Emmanuel Sanders at a cheaper deal would also work. RG3 has nobody to throw to except Garcon and Reed.

Yet you want two guys with less production than Hankerson. McCluster is all name...Roberts is fine to play the slot.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you want two guys with less production than Hankerson. McCluster is all name...Roberts is fine to play the slot.

GK.. I agree. But.... Hank coming off injury is no sure bet. WRs with knee/leg injuries simply can not be counted on. the idea of Britt at a reasonable price is actually growing on me though.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McCluster is a great player who solves 2 problems for us, not mention that he is a Pro-Bowler.

1. He can play in the slot.
2. He solves our PR problems.

Hanks career high is 38 catches. McCluster had 53 catches last year and Sanders had 67. That being said, I am not sure who you are refering to with the less production comment.

The sad thing is that McCluster would have been 2nd on our team in receptions last year at 53.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCluster is a great player who solves 2 problems for us, not mention that he is a Pro-Bowler.

1. He can play in the slot.
2. He solves our PR problems.

Hanks career high is 38 catches. McCluster had 53 catches last year and Sanders had 67. That being said, I am not sure who you are refering to with the less production comment.

The sad thing is that McCluster would have been 2nd on our team in receptions last year at 53.

You were really referring to Andre Roberts. Sanders won't be too cheap. McCluster was a pro-bowler at PR...not WR. Him making the pro-bowl had nothing to do with being a WR. We will have our PR back next season in Crawford.

Hank, had he made it through the season healthy would have been good for about 600 yards but we are such a run heavy team you have to consider that...and our QBs limitations on getting past his first read. Really though, Hank plays a different position than Roberts and McCluster. Hank is strictly an outside guy but the other two are slot guys. I'm all for Roberts but not McCluster. We need a slot WR and this draft will be full of guys who can compete on the outside with Hankerson.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were really referring to Andre Roberts. Sanders won't be too cheap. McCluster was a pro-bowler at PR...not WR. Him making the pro-bowl had nothing to do with being a WR. We will have our PR back next season in Crawford.

Hank, had he made it through the season healthy would have been good for about 600 yards but we are such a run heavy team you have to consider that...and our QBs limitations on getting past his first read. Really though, Hank plays a different position than Roberts and McCluster. Hank is strictly an outside guy but the other two are slot guys. I'm all for Roberts but not McCluster. We need a slot WR and this draft will be full of guys who can compete on the outside with Hankerson.

But would you not agree that we need as much speed and talent on this team? We have the worst ST group in the NFL.

We can also bring in Andrew Hawkins to help the WR corps. He will be cheap and has ties to Gruden.

Again, you are counting on 2 players who continue to have health problems (Hankerson and Crawford). I like both of them, but McCluster solves 2 problems for us. He has gotten 50+ the past two years in a run heavy offense in KC. He is fast and dependable and can be had for a bargain. I like Roberts as well.

I understand that Hank and the slot are different but we need as many weapons on the team as possible. The only unit worse than our WR corps. is our ST and McCluster would shore that up instantly.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might agree, but the truth is, if our defense sucks again because of the safety position. We will be facing a total reload again in 2015. That being the case, Im hoping they at least upgrade one of the safety spots and dont leave Haslett out to dry..... again

:agree:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm assuming we sign one good S in FA. And let the two second year guys fight it out. Resign Doughty and then you have a reliable backup as well.