• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NOVAK Forced To Fauxpologize To Roger

grossefavourite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Novak Djokovic tried to distance himself from his father Srdjan’s negative comments about Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

"Federer is perhaps still the best tennis player in history, but as a man he's the opposite," Srdjan told the newspaper Kurir recently. "He attacked Novak at the Davis Cup in Geneva (in 2006), he realized that he was his successor and was trying to disparage him in every way. Novak's success is an amazing thing and something that Federer cannot understand."

Srdjan said also said that his son's relationship with Rafael Nadal has changed for the worse.

"[Nadal] was his best friend while he was winning. When things changed, they were no longer friends," Srdjan said. "This is not sport."

Federer would not speak to the issue when asked about it in Cincinnati. However, Novak Djokovic was apologetic while at the Montreal Masters.

“I’m really sorry that his words have caused so much attention, and also that they might have hurt my colleagues in some way, and with whom I have good and fair relationships,” he told reporters. "But as unfortunate as it sounds, I cannot be held responsible for his deeds and for his words because everybody is entitled to their opinion, even my father, and I love him so much, and respect him. He’s helped me so much in my life to arrive where I am but sometimes, you know, people come up with their opinions as they like and me, I have to say that I didn’t have any influence on that. And as I said, I cannot be responsible for it.”

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing about sportsmanship: It has a very defined goal of making the person across the net feel like you are polite. As long as you do that, you have good sportsmanship.

Roger Federer has won the ATP Player Sportsmanship Award eight times. There can be no debating that he has excellent sportsmanship because the people whose opinion matters say he has sportsmanship. Nole can be pissed all he wants, but he has never won the award. I'm not around them enough to know who is nicer, but I do what the people around them think.

grossefavourite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big deal! Appearing to be 'nice' is hardly a stretch and an accomplishment for a SWISS who's been over-privileged and mollycoddled his entire life and particular in his professional life. Let him hail from a war-torn region, claw his way to the top of the game and still manage to win a 'sweet as apple pie' award eight years running and then I'll applaud. Even his own agent has admitted that being Swiss paved the way to where he is today. Just saying...

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big deal! Appearing to be 'nice' is hardly a stretch and an accomplishment for a SWISS who's been over-privileged and mollycoddled his entire life and particular in his professional life. Let him hail from a war-torn region, claw his way to the top of the game and still manage to win a 'sweet as apple pie' award eight years running and then I'll applaud. Even his own agent has admitted that being Swiss paved the way to where he is today. Just saying...

You've got to be kidding me grosse. Are you claiming that just because he is a Swiss he did not have to work hard for where he is? What basis are you claiming this? Are you intentionally being silly or you just believe in your own sh.it?

grossefavourite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Roger in his mind believes he 'worked hard' and perhaps he did, but if you look at what it takes to make it in an international sports, one that requires travelling, visas, MONEY, etc when hailing from a 2nd or third world country, no, he didn't 'work hard;' he had a coushy life. You should see the splendor in Gstaad, Basel and Zurich in which Rojay and his fellow Swiss players luxuriate and you'll understand. Travel around Switzerland from town to town and you'll salivate at the lovely pristine tennis courts available, and most often, empty. He's got it good, better than 99.99999999% of the world's population, and he's too smart a chap not to know it.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite color is blue.