• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not that there was any doubt....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...but for those who held out for that 1-2% chance the Bears would remain in Chicago....

Yeah, I mean, this is happening.

To be honest, outside of some nostalgic trip - I don't really understand an argument against this.

The in-game experience at Soldier Field is nice if you blindly ignore everything else. Meaning, after you pay for the overpriced tickets, drive through ridiculous downtown traffic sitting still much of the time, spend more time in traffic after getting off of the highway finding parking, pay for the overpriced parking, walk in a sea of crowded people, wait in a never ending line at the gate, funnel in with a huge crowd through the smallest stadium in the NFL that had its foundation built a century ago, god forbid you have to deal with the terrible bathroom situation before kickoff, and then you finally sit down... sure... it's a little cramped, but the atmosphere is exciting and the scenery is great looking out at the skyline/lakefront (depending on your seats). When the Bears are good/playing in big games, the small size and closely stacked nature of the crowd (relative to other NFL stadiums) actually adds to the ambiance and camaraderie.

But... it's all sooooo unnecessary to get to that point. Soldier Field also is ALWAYS voted as the worst tailgate experience in the NFL - as it's literally smack in the middle of one of the world's biggest/most populated cities. There's NO damn parking. When I lived in the city and had tickets, I found a nice little lot to tailgate in. It was nice, but it was a Chase bank parking lot a few blocks away that they sold parking spots out of for the day. I mean, sheesh.

Literally, every single aspect about the game day experience will be better and more convenient in Arlington Heights by a MILE. With 30-40k more seats - the prices will likely be better as well. To think I've grown accustomed to Soldier Field as my football game day experience. It wasn't until I went to games in Green Bay and Detroit that I realized how bad we have it.

The whole lakefront thing is romantic, sure. But... it ain't enough to makeup for how much better this will be.

Now, all of this being said? I am going to assume the new stadium will NOT be a dome. I will lose my shit if the Bears become a dome team.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, all of this being said? I am going to assume the new stadium will NOT be a dome. I will lose my shit if the Bears become a dome team.
To the contrary, I'd be shocked if it wasn't a dome, or hopefully at least one's that retractable. Chicago is not a 365 fair weather town. And the Bears aren't going to invest 2-3 billion for a stadium that won't provide an entertainment venue all year round. They won't be building this to just accommodate pro and college football. They're gonna want a steady ROI on their massive development. And let's not forget that the only chance they'll ever have of hosting the Super Bowl and other major events is via a domed stadium. My personal wish would be for the previously stated retractable version, but that will cost a lot more $$$, and the Bears aren't exactly known for their lavish expenditures.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baby steps.....

The Chicago Bears have enlisted the help of the same architectural firm that helped construct Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas. This led to speculation about whether the franchise might be seeking a domed stadium for the first time in its long history. Nobody knows for sure if that’s the case. It is only apparent ownership wants a state-of-the-art building with a surrounding village that will make a terrific experience for fans. Of course, with the idea of making money in the process.

It continues to make tons of sense that the Bears will likely go with a domed stadium, altho I hold out what might be slim hopes that it will be one with a retractable roof.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be all right with a retractable roofed stadium.... Playing in a show storm or rain storm (or the fog bowl, remember that?) is just dumb in this day and age.

Curious, I've been to Lambu field, found parking along the streets in the housing areas near the stadium, not very conducive to tail gating with friends per se. Loved the food venue vibes around the stadium though, that was honestly real cool, reminded me of Wrigleyville.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Build a dome. All that Bear weather stuff is stupid. Always has been. We used to play on astroturf and then we moved to having one of the worst grass surfaces in the league.

Build a dome. Make it retractable if you want. Host a Superbowl in Chicago. Why not?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Build a dome. All that Bear weather stuff is stupid. Always has been. We used to play on astroturf and then we moved to having one of the worst grass surfaces in the league.

Build a dome. Make it retractable if you want. Host a Superbowl in Chicago. Why not?
Actually the year we won the SB our regular season games were played on turf. When you're a good team, the playing surface shouldn't matter.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they better not build a dome...that's not the Bears. I could live with them building a retractable roof...but please don't make them the Colts or Lions...or even worse, the fems in Purple...that's just wrong.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the year we won the SB our regular season games were played on turf. When you're a good team, the playing surface shouldn't matter.

My point was meatball fans think we have to play outdoors on grass. We don’t.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they better not build a dome...that's not the Bears. I could live with them building a retractable roof...but please don't make them the Colts or Lions...or even worse, the fems in Purple...that's just wrong.

Colts, Rams, and Saints have all played in domes and won Superbowls because, amazingly enough, it seems the quality of your coaches and players is what matters and not the building you play home games in.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id like to see an outdoor venue myself,just seems like thats the way football was meant to be played,but it what is.......Id still be a fan.

And as BWW put it,it would be cool to host a SB..........

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts, Rams, and Saints have all played in domes and won Superbowls because, amazingly enough, it seems the quality of your coaches and players is what matters and not the building you play home games in.

Did anybody here claim the Bears must not play in the dome to win the super bowl? Old guy talking nonsense again. Nothing to see here. AGAIN.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody here claim the Bears must not play in the dome to win the super bowl? Old guy talking nonsense again. Nothing to see here. AGAIN.

Your obsession is showing again, little virgin boy.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was meatball fans think we have to play outdoors on grass. We don’t.
Oh I know. I just wanted to remind those who might have forgotten that the best season in Bears history was played on turf. And back then it was more like true carpet than how today's turf surfaces play.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id like to see an outdoor venue myself,just seems like thats the way football was meant to be played,but it what is.......Id still be a fan.

And as BWW put it,it would be cool to host a SB..........
And exactly why the roof needs to be retractable.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And exactly why the roof needs to be retractable.
We're on the same page, but the real question is are the Bears brass as well. To me there's no doubt a retractable roof would be ideal, but everyone knows it's also a lot more costly to build one. Also, is there any stadium with a retractable roof out there in the world where the weather gets extremely cold in the winter? I honestly don't know. Not sure if this would have any negative impact. Personably, I don't see it as a detriment, but then again I know jack shit about building stadiums.

Here's all I know or better put what I'm guessing. In order to maximize the ROI on what will be a several billion dollar project, it's almost certain that the stadium they build will have to be at least domed, if not retractable. I just don't see any alternative such as going with an open air stadium. Makes zero sense from a financial standpoint.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am obsessed with cleansing this board of stupid comments.

So you're gonna leave?

When have you ever cleansed any? And how would that work? Replying to comments doesn't cleanse them. No one here has left because of you. No one fears you....no one really is affected by you. Most people here don't even reply to you. They ignore you and your half witted attempts at antics.

Why is it that you think your special when you are held in about as much regard as a smelly fart around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.