• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not sure where to post this, but...the best athlete from each state.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?? No mention of Tom Brady in this article?!?!

This is an outrage!

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears South Dakota is the weakest with Dallas Clark

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think is the strongest of that group?

My point is most of those listed have been at the top of their game. Dallas Clark is not one of the top tight ends that have ever played football. He was good but not the T Gonzales or Gronk type player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is most of those listed have been at the top of their game. Dallas Clark is not one of the top tight ends that have ever played football. He was good but not the T Gonzales or Gronk type player.

Oh I agree that he is the worst of the people listed on the list. I'm just wondering who you think is best on the list as it is a who's who of the top athletes in American history.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, wtf is that about?
read the comments at the bottom of the list lots of disagreements

Most georgians would pick herschel walker>>>>>>>>>ty cobb

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say there are a few that they could have picked above Clark. James Bausch won a gold medal at the 1932 Olympics in the Decathlon.

Brock Lesnar is the only human being to have won a WWE Champion (4 times), UFC Champion, and NCAA Division 1 Heavyweight wrestling Champion. He also won the IWGP Heavyweight Chamipionship making him a 5 time champion in some form of wrestling.

Or how about Adam Vinatieri who has 4 Super Bowl wins which is a placekicker record in the NFL. He is also 3rd right now in NFL history in points scored only behind Gary Anderson and Morten Anderson.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree that he is the worst of the people listed on the list. I'm just wondering who you think is best on the list as it is a who's who of the top athletes in American history.

Well that is a hard one as each of us has a difference of opinion on what makes an overall athlete with all the sports included on that list.

Personally for me as I grew up I was involved in football, wrestling, track, swimming, baseball and soccer. The hardest sport from my experience was wrestling as it is 6 or more minutes of all out effort. Other sports are not as physical and more running around and aerobics or the play only lasts 7 to 10 seconds then walking back to the huddle. I was fairly successful in wrestling back in the day and that sport took much more work and effort to be good in it than the others from my experence

So my thoughts as to who is the best over all athlete would be Dan Gable the Iowa wrestler and Olympic champion or maybe even M Ali.

But I am sure there would be many various thoughts as to who is the best overall athlete

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is a hard one as each of us has a difference of opinion on what makes an overall athlete with all the sports included on that list.

Personally for me as I grew up I was involved in football, wrestling, track, swimming, baseball and soccer. The hardest sport from my experience was wrestling as it is 6 or more minutes of all out effort. Other sports are not as physical and more running around and aerobics or the play only lasts 7 to 10 seconds then walking back to the huddle. I was fairly successful in wrestling back in the day and that sport took much more work and effort to be good in it than the others from my experence

So my thoughts as to who is the best over all athlete would be Dan Gable the Iowa wrestler and Olympic champion or maybe even M Ali.

But I am sure there would be many various thoughts as to who is the best overall athlete

I honestly would agree with you on this one. I grew up in a wrestling family and this guy went beyond just a legend. When you throw in his coaching career along with just him as an athlete I think it would be hard to argue against him. I also agree it is one of the most demanding sports out there. People just don't realize the endurance, strength, flexibility, tolerance for pain, and actual skill level it takes to be the best at this sport. It is one of the first in our country to develop a youth program meaning the skills of these athletes was off the charts. When you throw in then him going to the Olympics with the best of the best and not surrendering a single point that is dominating at the highest level. I mean in golf terms that would be liking winning a major by 20 shots.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boxing is by far the most grueling sport. So, any boxer on that list would be best ever.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon = Dan O'Brien. Olympic gold in the decathlon in 1996, several more world championships, and set a decathlon world record in 1992.