• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not Looking Good For JMAC

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston game was just rough. I was happy with the Edmonton game since it was a win and Kovy came through. However, an OT win over the worst team in the NHL (tied with the Isles) isn't going to be enough for Mac to keep his job alone. This team had better start stringing some wins together right now! I'm not sure if a new coach would do the trick but in most cases, in all sports, a coaching change shakes things up and the team normally plays well in the beginning of the new coaches tenure. Look at the Cowboys yesterday in game 1 of the Jason Garrett era. Buck Showalter of the Baltimore Orioles this past August is another example. Heck, even our New Jersey Nets in January 2004 won their first 13 games under new head coach Lawrence Frank. You can't fire the whole team. It's sad because I really like Mac. He still might be able to be a head coach in this league. The timing might be wrong. Maybe if he was the head coach to start the 2009-10 season, he may have done a great job. It's tough now with the cap and injury problems but this team should still be playing better than it has been playing. Some of these losses have been awful. Losing is one thing, but at least give a solid effort.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the injuries have helped Mac keep his job.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the longer this goes on the more the blame goes on lou (not that he isn't shouldering most of it now)

sj said it right it took a powerplay in overtime against the oilers after trailing the entire game? yeah after that game i too thought maybe this team turned the corner...then last night? if thats any indication that the players dont respect/want to play for him i dont know what else is! he has to go

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Lou does change something(which he has to) i honestly can't see what else is better right now than getting Mac out.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a strong feeling that Jmac will go in 'long term injured reserve' after the St. Louis game. The team has enough talent to claw its way back to the playoffs.