• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not looking good for 2020 season.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coronavirus in college football: Hospitalizations, deaths projected by data analysts if FBS plays in 2020

COVID-19 does not discriminate, and young athletes are not immune to complications.

A noted University of Illinois computer science professor has some troubling data to consider regarding widespread infection and even death.

Dr. Sheldon Jacobson told CBS Sports he expects a 30%-50% infection rate of the approximately 13,000 players competing in FBS this season. Based on his research, he also projects 3-7 deaths among those players due to COVID-19.

"A few of them could end up in the hospital, and you'll have a small number who could die," Jacobson told CBS Sports. "I don't want to sugar coat it for you. I just want to give you the facts. … If everybody comes together under normal circumstances, we'll probably see that kind of outcome."

Cancellation forthcoming.

Coronavirus in college football: Hospitalizations, deaths projected by data analysts if FBS plays in 2020

No it's not. I was talking to the head coach for BSU the other day and he was optimistic, but I think he has to project the koolaid.

My sons is a freshman in high-school and it's looking a bit bleak right now. One of the sponsors bought some of those "event tents" like for weddings so that they can lift outside. They're still lifting, but the writing is on the wall.
I just started putting a bug in his ear about the possibilities of not getting to play. He took it very maturely and said he thought I was right.
Bummer times, man.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Vandy has come up with a cure before College Football starts

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured I'd post this here rather than making a new thread;

Michigan just sent out an email to ticket holders, of note -- there will be no season tickets this year (student or otherwise). If people are allowed at the stadium, games will be sold individually to current ticket holders

--------------------
The following policies will be in effect for the 2020 football season:

• There will be no football season tickets. Your status as a season ticket holder remains unchanged, and your season ticket location will be retained for the 2021 season.
  • If we are able to have fans at Michigan Stadium, all home games will be sold on an individual game basis, with sales limited to current season ticket holders and students. There will be NO ticket sales to the general public.
  • If you elected to adjust your season ticket location/quantity during the June upgrade period, that new location/quantity will be retained for the 2021 season.
  • Details regarding a potential individual game sale will be communicated once a decision on playing with or without fans is finalized.
  • In the event that Michigan is able to have fans at any sporting event this season, all forms of ticketing will move to a mobile platform.
--------------------
The email is overall pretty pessimistic sounding at the idea of a football season.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan just sent out an email to ticket holders, of note -- there will be no season tickets this year (student or otherwise). If people are allowed at the stadium, games will be sold individually to current ticket holders

--------------------

• There will be no football season tickets. Your status as a season ticket holder remains unchanged, and your season ticket location will be retained for the 2021 season.
  • If we are able to have fans at Michigan Stadium, all home games will be sold on an individual game basis, with sales limited to current season ticket holders and students. There will be NO ticket sales to the general public.
  • If you elected to adjust your season ticket location/quantity during the June upgrade period, that new location/quantity will be retained for the 2021 season.
  • Details regarding a potential individual game sale will be communicated once a decision on playing with or without fans is finalized.
  • In the event that Michigan is able to have fans at any sporting event this season, all forms of ticketing will move to a mobile platform.
--------------------
The email is overall pretty pessimistic sounding at the idea of a football season.

Thanks for posting. This actually seems fair under the circumstances. Perhaps it will serve as a guide for what other schools will have to do too.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Vandy has come up with a cure before College Football starts
Wait I thought aggys had a state of the art research facility that was supposed to come up with a cure before a place like Vandy could? I get it, didn't get beat, just ran out of time...

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait I thought aggys had a state of the art research facility that was supposed to come up with a cure before a place like Vandy could? I get it, didn't get beat, just ran out of time...
That's funny

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't hand picked by the US gov't to come up with a vaccine for covid..
I read somewhere that a couple of Saudi sheiks/emirs or whatever the hell they are called are funding two companies and dangling a big payout to whichever one comes up with a vaccine first. I'll see if I can find that article. Hey, if it is on the interwebz it has to be true don't it?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a tweet that a Dallas superintendent said he would be surprised if there was a football season this fall in Texas :(

How soon after saying that did he get fired? lol

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How soon after saying that did he get fired? lol
Seems most TXHSFB districts have stopped summer conditioning workouts. No more of the dreaded two a days are scheduled for next month either. Earliest things can start is September 7th which means the first 3 weeks of football are canceled.

Here in VA, they announced no football this fall

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

--------------------

--------------------

I don't think it sounds pessimistic about the idea of a football season. Looks more to me like they're trying to do what they can to make sure there is a football season. The question just seems to be how many, if any, fans will be in the stands.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is most?
Austin, Dallas, FTW.. I believe El Paso already said no to fall football. So hopefully things will look a little better and maybe games can be played late september.

I feel bad for the high school seniors who play sports and won't be making that next journey playing college sports. Same for the cheerleaders, band members, and dance teams.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

COVID-19 does not discriminate, and young athletes are not immune to complications.

A noted University of Illinois computer science professor has some troubling data to consider regarding widespread infection and even death.

Dr. Sheldon Jacobson told CBS Sports he expects a 30%-50% infection rate of the approximately 13,000 players competing in FBS this season. Based on his research, he also projects 3-7 deaths among those players due to COVID-19.

"A few of them could end up in the hospital, and you'll have a small number who could die," Jacobson told CBS Sports. "I don't want to sugar coat it for you. I just want to give you the facts. … If everybody comes together under normal circumstances, we'll probably see that kind of outcome."

Cancellation forthcoming.

:gaah:

Just as the Gophers were starting to show promise as an up and comer..... this is all a conspiracy to keep them down!!! :tsk:

AnotherImmediateJabiru-small.gif

I blame @AlaskaGuy

'Houston, we have a Minnesota problem'