• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not a basketball fan...but

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed!
I felt the same way.

You agree that player safety wasn’t a concern? Or just the other part?

Funny.

The league had 0 positive tests the entire duration of the bubble, but they had 48 positives this week when they invites players back to their facilities.

The bubble kept players far safer than they would have been on their own. That has been proven emphatically.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the NBA for the known commodities, but it does not mean I support the overinflated egos on the court. The integrity of the NBA has been nonexistent for the better part of the last 15 years.

By lumping 22 teams together in a COVID hotspot, it is abundantly clear that player safety is not the league's top priority. It's all about the fucking money...

At 32 years old, this is the first time in my entire life I've ever claimed something to be rigged before the fact, but this bubble is rigged for "a certain team".

The NBA would not go through all this trouble to come away with the considerably less marketable Bucks or Clippers winning the title.

The level of stupid in this post is definitely worth revisiting.

The NBA cared so little about players safety that they created a space where they had literally zero positive tests for the entire 3 months they were in the bubble. The NBA bubble was arguably the safest place to be in the country during that time frame.

And rigging the playoffs...that is literally the stupidest argument anyone could make. Do you honestly think that teams and players, with millions of dollars at stake, are just going to allow a rigged playoffs? Do you have any clue how many people would have to be in on it and keep their mouths shut for that to work?

There's a reason that the saying "Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead" exists.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The level of stupid in this post is definitely worth revisiting.

The NBA cared so little about players safety that they created a space where they had literally zero positive tests for the entire 3 months they were in the bubble. The NBA bubble was arguably the safest place to be in the country during that time frame.

And rigging the playoffs...that is literally the stupidest argument anyone could make. Do you honestly think that teams and players, with millions of dollars at stake, are just going to allow a rigged playoffs? Do you have any clue how many people would have to be in on it and keep their mouths shut for that to work?

There's a reason that the saying "Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead" exists.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude---- how about Sabonis?

guy has the makings of a star.

24 and under contract for 3 more years AFTER this year for less 20M a year.

pretty amazing. Pacers are my darkhorse.

i wish he was healthy for last years playoffs----- that was the year for a darkhorse team to make a run with how fucked up the "freak show" was.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

So you think this tweet is evidence that the NBA rigged the 2020 playoffs?

Did they pay off Paul George to hit the side of the backboard too?
i dotn think it was rigged--- but it was definitely a money grab.

it is what i call "the freak show".

their were tons of injuries...no crowds......teams were sent home early...on top of that there were games that were boycotted.

on top of that- that season was watered down with Brooklyn and Golden State each having season ending injuries to multiple all stars.

it was worth doing- but if ever a season deserved an * it was that one for about a dozen reasons.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dotn think it was rigged--- but it was definitely a money grab.

it is what i call "the freak show".

their were tons of injuries...no crowds......teams were sent home early...on top of that there were games that were boycotted.

on top of that- that season was watered down with Brooklyn and Golden State each having season ending injuries to multiple all stars.

it was worth doing- but if ever a season deserved an * it was that one for about a dozen reasons.

Sure. It was a money grab but so was every sport that has been played since the pandemic started.

like I said earlier, the * means that the season was note-ably different, not easier as some people here have been trained to believe.

The best team won in the end. But I believe the bubble made the game easier for the underdog teams like the Heat, and harder for the top seeds like the Lakers and Bucks.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bubble was not high end competition for me. I didn’t like my expierience in comparison to “normal”, at all.

But the Lakers title was earned.

That said, this season will be above the last one for me when it comes to respect for perseverance.

The Bubble took care of fringe effort guys, they gave their most. Much more is up to the individual this go round. And individual leaders of teams. Whatever their role.

As a fan of teamwork and effort, this season should offer some quality shit down the stretch.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, the irony is that Todd is calling the bubble the same way trump supporters are calling the election.

surprise GIF

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘The laker title was earned?

more like expected!

Major sports today ruined by lawyers, free agency and the players!

don’t get me started...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘The laker title was earned?

more like expected!

Major sports today ruined by lawyers, free agency and the players!

don’t get me started...

Is that why you don't watch sports or know anything about it?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why you don't watch sports or know anything about it?

For the sake of sounding like an old timer, Ahhhh fack it!!!

I don’t watch sports today because it’s nothing of what it was when I played. Ya might feel same if you did!

we conditioned ourselves before having to be conditioned. We played hurt, for the sake of our position, and teammates. We didn’t carry on like a bunch of idiots for doing our jobs. Today, a bottom cellar team celebrates an individual achievement like its a game 7 Victory.

Ok, yea I sound like an unhappy, miserable Bastit. but I’m not, I’m happy for all, love watching great athletes perform. But, it takes a lot for me to show interest.

today it’s all about political correctness, analytics, I’m about don’t give me the labor pains, show me the baby!