• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not a basketball fan...but

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will watch the ACC and B1G conference and NCAA tournaments, but that's it. Wouldn't waste a second watching the NBA. And that goes double for the WNBA.

But, I've heard so much about Sabrina Ionescu, I'm going to make an exception this one time. I look forward to seeing her play.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will watch the ACC and B1G conference and NCAA tournaments, but that's it. Wouldn't waste a second watching the NBA. And that goes double for the WNBA.

But, I've heard so much about Sabrina Ionescu, I'm going to make an exception this one time. I look forward to seeing her play.

Yeah, she is very good.

LOL @ not “wasting a second” watching NBA. Your loss. Lots of truly great players in the league right now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is like saying, “I don’t like the MLB. I’d rather watch less developed talent play the sport at AA and at AAA”.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, she is very good.

LOL @ not “wasting a second” watching NBA. Your loss. Lots of truly great players in the league right now.
Yep.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like saying, “I don’t like the MLB. I’d rather watch less developed talent play the sport at AA and at AAA”.
Watched 10 minutes. Won't turn on basketball again this year.

Nothing wrong with watching younger talent developing.

But bad example because the only baseball I've watched in 60 years was my grandsons' high school games. Same with basketball; my grandson's high school games.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But bad example because I don't watch baseball, period.

It doesn’t have to connect with your personal taste to be a good analogy. You embrace a less talented pool of participants and ignore the most talented pool of participants inside the context of a sport. It doesn’t make a lot of sense.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, she is very good.

I've never looked forward to basketball like I am this bubble tourney.

Gonna feel like front row. Which I've only done once with the NBA.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t have to connect with your personal taste to be a good analogy. You embrace a less talented pool of participants and ignore the most talented pool of participants inside the context of a sport. It doesn’t make a lot of sense.
You sure seem to believe that your opinion of everything is the only thing that matters. You're always right and anyone who disagrees with you is obviously wrong.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Doncic kid is pretty good.

Doncic is one of the most overrated players in the game right now. He only gets publicity because he's not 'Murican. If you wanna watch one of the best the NBA has to offer you'll have to wait until next year. Tristan Thompson and his Cavs weren't invited to the bubble.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@QuestionSocratic

You won't watch the NBA but you'll watch adults wearing diapers drive in circles for 3+ hours?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure seem to believe that your opinion of everything is the only thing that matters. You're always right and anyone who disagrees with you is obviously wrong.

Of course I do! If I was wrong then I would have already amended my position. Since the pool from college gets whittled down in the move up to the NBA it’s clear where the most talented and best athletes participate. Aren’t you a capitalist? Given a state of competition doesn’t it make sense that the better talent will gravitate to the system wherein they can earn the most money? That’s just a simple concept that is the root of capitalist thinking.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Doncic kid is pretty good.

He is fantastic.

Ironically, a lot of people tuned out in the 90s and early 2000s because the game was an ugly defensive slugfest with a ton of isolation offense.

Today is really more like 80s in terms of flow, but with the pace and space style that is really fun to watch. And the skill level of the top players is off the charts.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in this case I am actually talking about her ability to play basketball.
tenor.gif

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watch the NBA for the known commodities, but it does not mean I support the overinflated egos on the court. The integrity of the NBA has been nonexistent for the better part of the last 15 years.

By lumping 22 teams together in a COVID hotspot, it is abundantly clear that player safety is not the league's top priority. It's all about the fucking money...

At 32 years old, this is the first time in my entire life I've ever claimed something to be rigged before the fact, but this bubble is rigged for "a certain team".

The NBA would not go through all this trouble to come away with the considerably less marketable Bucks or Clippers winning the title.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But bad example because the only baseball I've watched in 60 years was my grandsons' high school games. Same with basketball; my grandson's high school games.

Nothing wrong at all, regardless of what people here think. Made my living blogging about my region's basketball the last few years to the point I've attended 49 local games this past season (would've been 50 if the pandemic didn't cut off regionals for boys basketball).

My grandpa is on word for saying he hasn't cared about the NBA since Jordan left the Bulls. In other words, you should enjoy whatever basketball pleases you.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"She is very good" just doesn't mean the same thing without a picture...

LOL. Idaho's Gabi Harrington is a considerably less talented version of Ionnescu, but as a big guard with versatility, she is an intriguing talent nonetheless. I've been mocked on this board for following the opposite gender in the same sport, but to me that's the truest definition of diversity. Anyone here that claims to be pro-diversity is probably misinformed.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See the guy with the initial response to your thread. :clap: