• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Normal college football is back... we hope! (2021 CFB Preview thread)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule update

All right. Here's what I have planned for the rest of my previews in 2021 (in separate threads, by the way):

Week of July 12th: PAC-12 (In 2020, they reminded me of the Mountain West [for some odd reason], so the PAC-12 is going first)
Week of July 19th: ACC (Clemson doesn't have Trevor Lawrence anymore, but they're still the overwhelming favorites? How does that work?)
Week of July 26th: Notre Dame and Big 12 (Iowa State as a preseason Top-10 team?! What is this world coming to?)
Week of August 2nd: Big 10 (Same scenario as the ACC: Ohio State is replacing a superstar QB, yet they're still the big favorites?)
Week of August 9th: SEC (The SEC gave us the closest thing to a full season last year, so it's going last this year.)
August 17th: Playoff and New Year's Six predictions

I'll see you guys around on these threads, starting next week...

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff prediction time!

Hello again! I decided to go to the most neutral thread I have to show off my playoff predictions for 2021! Enough faffing about, here we go!

College Football Playoff:

Orange Bowl: Oklahoma over Clemson

(The Sooners do have a boatload of talent, and they should be able to win a bout against Clemson.)
Cotton Bowl: Alabama over Ohio State
(Ohio State just has too much going for it, so I'm allowing them to come back into the playoff this year. Since a shame that it'll end the same way that it did last year.)
Alabama over Oklahoma in the championship game (That's right! I've decided to inflict the Sooners with my "runner-up" curse and see how badly their season gets. I actually don't care if Nick Saban gets yet another national title in 2021; if misfortune falls unto Oklahoma [or Texas] this season, it'll all be worth it.)

New Year's Six Bowls:

Sugar Bowl: Texas A&M vs. Iowa State
(A former Big 12 school, taking on a former conference-mate that has completely reinvented themselves. Should be a fun watch.)
Rose Bowl: Arizona State vs. Wisconsin (I wanted to stick with my pick of Iowa, but... I just couldn't; Wisconsin just has too much talent to deny. So therefore we'll have 2 red-hued teams facing off in Pasadena.)
Fiesta Bowl: North Carolina vs. Cincinnati (So it'll be "close, but no cigar" for Cincinnati this year. What a shame. Oh well, at least they'll be up for this battle with Mack Brown and Sam Howell in Arizona.)
Peach Bowl: Oregon vs. Georgia (A simple battle of styles and lifestyles over in Atlanta.)
...and I'm done! Do whatever you want with these picks; I'm gonna take a short break...