• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non football Question to Michigan folks

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rick Snyder ran for President, Would you recommend voting for him? Why?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet Jesus no.

He has no respect for our laws and constitution and has done multiple things that violate Michigan and/or U.S. law (such as dismissing elected officials, which he absolutely doesn't have the power to do, but did anyways), but apparently that's okay when you're the governor.

He's one of those who only sees our state as a business. I'll admit he's good with the budget and has things in better financial order, but he also cut a billion dollars from educational funding last year, while handing out over three billion in tax credits to corporations, most of which were not based in Michigan.

Basically, he's the type who thinks government is simply a business and should be ran as such, and ignores the other basic, yet essential facets of a government: providing a quality education, healthcare, social security, Police/EMS/Firemen, etc... There's a lot more to the government than taking our taxes and making sure the economy is running smoothly, but that's all The Nerd knows how to do. He's a businessman who made his way into government; there's nothing wrong with being a good businessman in a capitalist society, but this isn't the type of guy we want leading our country. You have to have little to no conscience to be successful at the level he was, and our country needs more leaders with a good conscience and sense of moral right, not more slimy politicians who all think they "get it" and that we regular Americans can't understand the intricacies of running a government.

Once upon a time, or so we were taught in school, our elected officials actually answered to we the people- also known as "those who elected said officials." Unfortunately, somewhere along the line, they started answering to big business, because that's who bought them and financed their campaigns. Our government has become beyond corrupt right beneath our noses, and nobody can do a thing about it because we live in a nation with too many ignorant assholes whose votes can be had with a good media campaign and promises of whatever appeals to that demographic. For whatever reason, the majority of Americans actually believe what the politicians (who only want their vote) tell them on T.V. which is leading, or rather, has led to our nation being ran by a bunch of unqualified idiots who raised enough money to put on a good campaign.

Politicians today = used car salesmen. There's not a single fucking patriot in our government anymore, and that's a shame...

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rick Snyder ran for President, Would you recommend voting for him? Why?

Id recommend looking at him in contrast to recent high profile Republicans like Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin, that both make a GOP ticket unelectable.

There are many things he's done, tried to do, or will try sooner rather than later, that im not a big raging homer pom pon waving fan of....... but.........I think Michigan did its self a favor by electing a non traditional politician. Especially since he's not in the pocket of obx' machine.

I also like that we have a Governor that isn't a Canadian woman with giant fucking mole. (Moleymoleymoley.). So they guy is still in a grace period for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

He acts as a Democrat on some issues and a Republican on others. You never really know what he is going to do.

Breaking up the unions....Republican
Raising gas Taxes......Democrat
Helping big business come to Michigan at expense of retirees...Republican
Aiding Detroit by giving retirees a huge cash infusion of state funds.....Democrat
Ending tax credits for the movie industry....Republican

I don't really trust the guy.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elect a school bus driver, they understand the youth. I wouldn't mind Scott Walker....Heck he didn't graduate College......That's a start.....Anyone that has never been a lawyer is fine with me.

:shortbus: suppose to be getting 8-12 inches of snow down here in TN, that will cripple our city for this week, so I might have time to discuss politics......