• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nolan ryan to the astros ????

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After weeks of silence, Texas Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan said on a local ESPN radio show Monday that things are going smoothly in Arlington following an offseason filled with questions about whether the Hall of Famer was leaving the organization.

Ryan appeared for close to 30 minutes on the "Galloway and Company Show" on ESPN-FM 103.3 and also addressed a developing situation in Houston, where Astros team president George Postolos resigned his position Monday.

Ryan told "Galloway and Company" that he hadn't been contacted by Astros owner Jim Crane as of Monday afternoon.

Ryan was twice asked if he had any interest in talking to the Astros. He didn't completely overrule the possibility of going from the team with the best record in Major League Baseball to the team with the worst record.

"I don't think so, how's that?" Ryan said when asked if he had any interest. "No, I'm sure they'll fill it with the right person."

Ryan went silent during most of spring training after the promotion of general manager Jon Daniels to president of baseball operations and Rick George to president of business operations on March 1.

What followed was speculation that there was a rift between Ryan and Daniels. While Daniels said publicly everything was fine, Ryan kept quiet.

Ryan said Monday that things are going well for the Rangers, who are 24-13 and six games in front of Oakland in the American League West as Monday's three-game series against the A's in Oakland gets set to begin.

"Things are going smoothly with the organization and with the relationships in the front office," Ryan said.

Ryan was asked if he was ever close to leaving the Rangers during spring training.

"Some days were better than others," he said.

Postolos' resignation on Monday came somewhat as a surprise. But the Astros, who were predicted to be the worst team in baseball before the season, have lived up to that with a 10-28 record, including a three-game sweep over the weekend against the Rangers.

Rangers fans easily filled up at least half of Minute Maid Park, if not more, during the series and the Astros didn't come close to drawing a sellout, even with Rangers ace Yu Darvish, who threw a near-perfect game in Houston on April 2, starting Saturday's game. The crowd was just under 30,000.

"They tried to prepare themselves for a long season," Ryan said. "When you're going through what they're going through, even if it's early to mid-May, It makes it tough to go to the ballpark. It's tough to go out and sell the ballclub. They're under a lot of challenges.

"It has to be a strain on everybody, from the ballplayers to the management to the front office to everybody."

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's not so far-fetched. Could happen.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per mark Berman of Fox26 Houston, Reid Ryan, son of Nolan Ryan will be named on Friday as the new President of the Houston Astros.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per mark Berman of Fox26 Houston, Reid Ryan, son of Nolan Ryan will be named on Friday as the new President of the Houston Astros.

And he might do a great job. Just as likely as this is a case of "it's who you know (or are realted to), and not what you know" that is important.

Why can I never know the right. good sombodies.........:gaah:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan may well be the most over-rated pitcher I have ever watched.

Even with his sort of fastball SOME control is needed.

I don't EVER want to see him in a Red Sox uniform in any capacity.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Ryan is quietly building a pitching staff. Look out if the hitters start making contact.