• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No worry about London

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was reading an article today that said the Broncos will not be the home team any time soon in London so we don't have to worry about losing a home game overseas. I guess the Broncos have a legal obligation with Sports Authority to play 10 home games a season (2 preseason and 8 regular season). They also most likely wouldn't be a road team as long as Manning is here in teams around the league are not willing to give up a home game where Manning is coming to town as it brings in some of their biggest crowds of the year. So all that to say the Broncos are not heading to London any time soon.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was reading an article today that said the Broncos will not be the home team any time soon in London so we don't have to worry about losing a home game overseas. I guess the Broncos have a legal obligation with Sports Authority to play 10 home games a season (2 preseason and 8 regular season). They also most likely wouldn't be a road team as long as Manning is here in teams around the league are not willing to give up a home game where Manning is coming to town as it brings in some of their biggest crowds of the year. So all that to say the Broncos are not heading to London any time soon.

Excellent.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they just showed the 3 gms next year in London and Denver is not on the menu. I hope they never are really. That plane ride in itself sucks but I supposse alot of the players would like the opportunity of the expierience. Not me. Never had an inkling of traveling to raining dismal England. I do like the amazing architecture not doubt but I`d much rather be in sunny Puma Punto,Peru looking at ancient civilizations than there:}

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least for now the big thing is we will never be the home team so we will always have 8 regular season games played at Mile High. I don't care if we play in London as long as we are the road team when we do it. Hate the idea of giving up one whole game where we have the home field advantage.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't play JAX then...they don't seem to care. Manning might bring another 10k to JAX and they would still draw better in London...lol

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't play JAX then...they don't seem to care. Manning might bring another 10k to JAX and they would still draw better in London...lol

Yeah from what I understand the owner has figured out very quickly that Jacksonville people could just care less about the team and is working hard to establish a fan base outside of Jacksonville. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the owner is working hard to do this in hopes that they would be the team chosen to move to England if the NFL decided to have a franchise their.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah from what I understand the owner has figured out very quickly that Jacksonville people could just care less about the team and is working hard to establish a fan base outside of Jacksonville. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the owner is working hard to do this in hopes that they would be the team chosen to move to England if the NFL decided to have a franchise their.

I wouldn`t blame them. I think the Jags are really making strides with their D and I think they might have found their Qb in Bortles. If Jacksonville fans can`t get motivated and supportive with what I~am seeing so far, then ta hell with them. I like their chances if they get the support , few more good decisions and some good draft pks. Go Jags. Rootin for ya.:yahoo:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually, everyone will have to play in London, home team or visitor. As long as the owners don't care, the league won't care. Just have to worry that one owner starting to bitch about losing a home game and other teams not having to go and sponsors be damned, because it'll be a legal thing. That's why half of the NBA owners hate Mark Cuban.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually, everyone will have to play in London, home team or visitor. As long as the owners don't care, the league won't care. Just have to worry that one owner starting to bitch about losing a home game and other teams not having to go and sponsors be damned, because it'll be a legal thing. That's why half of the NBA owners hate Mark Cuban.

At this point Broncos can't be the home team. Even if they wanted to. They are contractually obligated to play 10 games a season at Mile High and since they can't guarantee a home playoff game before a season starts that means they have to play every home game possible at Mile High. It is as simple as that. Yes they could be the road team and they were back in I think 2010 against the 49ers but right now with Peyton no team wants to lose out on the ticket sales of what Peyton and the Broncos bring to town.