• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No T-day thread!?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you foos havin'?

Just got done making two sheets of sage and rosemary, salt and pep, mixed nuts. Whole walnuts, pecans, cashews and almonds. 200 degrees fer 3 hours.

They are dope.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow....

Dry-brined Hutterite turkey, with an italian sausage, apple and cranberry stuffing. Sage gravy, with mashed taters, cheese pearl onions, bacon green beans, and a bunch of good whores devours

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re probably gonna have turkey. Roasted.
giphy.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried a version of the BBQ Pit Boys Smoked Apple Cider Turkey

My first ever...so a small 11 lb bird and wife did her normal turkey breast...just in case.

thumbnail

The apple cider brine concoction....16 hrs

For the Brine contents.

APPLE CIDER TURKEY | BBQ Pit Boys

thumbnail

My spin on it was smoking it beer can style with this turkey sitter...holds about 24 oz of your favorite liquid...my was a 12 oz sam adams winter blend, 6 oz apple cider, 1 orange quartered and a handfull of fresh peppercorns.

thumbnail

The beauty of the Kamado ceramic grill...about 5:30a on a 37 deg morning, after battling a 300-310 deg fire for about 10 mins, I was able to get the Primo to hold steady at this 275ish temp.

thumbnail

Roughly 3.5 hours...in this fire I have 2 large foil wrapped apple wood chunks to add smoke without it being overbearing for the smallish bird. Foil wrapping with a few holes punched in the foil will normally give you a good smoke for the whole cook time instead up 2 chunks burning up in about an hour.

thumbnail

Well...sorry I didn't get a breast side view pic, but after resting in a foil tent for about 45 mins, the wife was ready to carve. My wife's oven breast was good, but slightly dry...The Smoked Apple Cider breast was juicer and she agreed, but swore it wasn't quite done (my Thermapen mk4 said it was 169 degs, the oven cooked breast was 168 degs both after resting an hour) she simply hadn't had turkey breast meat that tender.

There's a leg remaining from the apple cider bird...for a 1st timer, 2 thumbs up!!

The sides make Thanksgiving and the family typically put their best foot forward and yesterday was no different...the green bean casserole and sweet potato dish with nuts are normally staples.