• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No random weed tests for ‘20’21

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what else do these pampered players want? Fans can’t use the words suck stink brutal Terrible ?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really doesnt bother me. It isnt a performance enhancer in any way so why should it matter to the league if they use it on their private time.
Yep. Same as them having a drink after the game

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plane landed , other players landed at same time, a van was waiting for us on tarmac. Takin right to team clubhouse. The very first thing, we were given a paper cup. Watched as we went into stall. That night , coaches went room to room. If you were found with a large amount of alcohol, you were put in program. If any drug was found, you were put on the next plane home. So know where I’m coming from!

as far as weed not being an enhancer? In a sense of course it is!!! Playing relaxed is key to great performance. If your muscles are tight. You don’t perform well. So yes weed is a performance enhancer. The game today is becoming more and more of a joke.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plane landed , other players landed at same time, a van was waiting for us on tarmac. Takin right to team clubhouse. The very first thing, we were given a paper cup. Watched as we went into stall. That night , coaches went room to room. If you were found with a large amount of alcohol, you were put in program. If any drug was found, you were put on the next plane home. So know where I’m coming from!

as far as weed not being an enhancer? In a sense of course it is!!! Playing relaxed is key to great performance. If your muscles are tight. You don’t perform well. So yes weed is a performance enhancer. The game today is becoming more and more of a joke.
Yeah, and Ibuprofen removes aches so they can practice more. BAN IT!!!!!!!!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really doesnt bother me. It isnt a performance enhancer in any way so why should it matter to the league if they use it on their private time.

You say it doesn't bother you yet you went outta your way to ask- what else do these pampered players want. So yeah, it bothers you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Same as them having a drink after the game

Not exactly. Alcohol is known to cause inflammation. There are certain marijuana strains (especially ones w/ CBD's) that help relieve inflammation.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are talking about the NBA, not your college days experiences.

Grown men using a legal substance that does nothing to create a physical advantage. You can argue that it changes the mindset, but so does eating a proper diet........so........??

I was a high level player back in the day, and yes we did imbibe sometimes before playing. Did it give us some sort of unfair advantage? Emphatically no. It might allow you to have a more singular focus but it hurts lung capacity and therefore burst and endurance.

Can you imagine someone complaining "It wasn't a fair game because he was smoking marijuana and it made him perform better than me!!"
Sorry but that is laughable.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say it doesn't bother you yet you went outta your way to ask- what else do these pampered players want. So yeah, it bothers you.

@Picklerick 2.0

My bad! Just ignore that comment. I saw it without reading other comments. When you said it doesn't bother you I thought you were talking about what the league has done. So let me have it. I deserve it.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I played with and against players at highest level and did very well. Had I smoked weed I guarantee all of you. I would have made and stayed in the show! Baseball not basketball. College lol, I was recruited for both , drafted out of high school , baseball. Weed is absolutely a performance enhancing drug.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played 37 years in the NBA before moving onto a 17 year NFL career. Sports writers had an open war over which league would allow me into the Hall of Fame. I can tell you I would be a 3 sport Hall player without weed. So...check mate

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Picklerick 2.0

My bad! Just ignore that comment. I saw it without reading other comments. When you said it doesn't bother you I thought you were talking about what the league has done. So let me have it. I deserve it.
Meh. I save my venom for those that deserve it.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what else do these pampered players want? Fans can’t use the words suck stink brutal Terrible ?

Damn, I thought this was going to be about a government rule for all employers.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I played with and against players at highest level and did very well. Had I smoked weed I guarantee all of you. I would have made and stayed in the show! Baseball not basketball. College lol, I was recruited for both , drafted out of high school , baseball. Weed is absolutely a performance enhancing drug.
Really??
Because no athletic governing body considers it an performance enhancing drug. Every study available seems to conclude it's most practical use is as a painkiller along the lines of ibuprofin or asprin and it isn't anymore of a performance enhancer than, say, Gatorade. In fact a few years the Olympics increased their testing failure levels by 10x and are supposably considering eliminating it altogether.

I stand by my statement: It could be argued (but it has not been proven) that marijuana use increases your concentration. However it is a fact that smoking it damages your lungs and decreases the body's ability to metabolize oxygen.

Sorry but your claim the you would have achieved even higher athletic success if you would have been a pothead is skeptical at best, and comes off a bit sour grapes. I also played (basketball) at a very high level. In retrospect my partying lifestyle was damaging to my athletic performance, not enhancing it.

Baseball is a bit of a different creature. Some of my buddies were drafted for baseball and all of these particular guys smoked pot. Not one made it past high level A ball. Maybe they should have smoked more?
But yes, I would be willing to accept actual scientific evidence that it increased individuals concentration so much that improved their performance. Unfortunately for your point there just any widely accepted information that supports this at this time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really??
Because no athletic governing body considers it an performance enhancing drug. Every study available seems to conclude it's most practical use is as a painkiller along the lines of ibuprofin or asprin and it isn't anymore of a performance enhancer than, say, Gatorade. In fact a few years the Olympics increased their testing failure levels by 10x and are supposably considering eliminating it altogether.

I stand by my statement: It could be argued (but it has not been proven) that marijuana use increases your concentration. However it is a fact that smoking it damages your lungs and decreases the body's ability to metabolize oxygen.

Sorry but your claim the you would have achieved even higher athletic success if you would have been a pothead is skeptical at best, and comes off a bit sour grapes. I also played (basketball) at a very high level. In retrospect my partying lifestyle was damaging to my athletic performance, not enhancing it.

Baseball is a bit of a different creature. Some of my buddies were drafted for baseball and all of these particular guys smoked pot. Not one made it past high level A ball. Maybe they should have smoked more?
But yes, I would be willing to accept actual scientific evidence that it increased individuals concentration so much that improved their performance. Unfortunately for your point there just any widely accepted information that supports this at this time.

Pasta is probably one of those that thinks he drives better when he's drunk too.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor (1).gif

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really??

This ain’t rocket science. The pressures of performing On any stage, some can’t handle, even the most gifted, so they turn to drugs , meditation , freaky mindful nut jobs, some form of relaxation to be able to perform better at their job. What the fruck. Most adults can’t form a sentence until they have their cup of joe! They smoke cause they like it ,makes them feel good, and they can play better. No truth to that?