• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No One Cares, But Bucks Sold

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the Bucks even if they get a superstar they still will leave for a better city. Keeping a superstar in Milwaukee is a tough thing to do.

Yeah the main problem over the years has been location. Who wants to live in Milwaukee when there's 29 better cities in the NBA you could play/live in. They should relocate.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy fellas, look at OKC and San Antonio for a start. They have built solid teams and they are not typical top places at all. On the inverse, look at clubs in major cities or destinations that fail or all failing these days. Its about having a plan, sticking to it, and putting smart talent at the top. Players today want to win, and they want to make money, but they also want to be on a team /org they can appreciate.

The key will be who they put in charge to run it.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy fellas, look at OKC and San Antonio for a start. They have built solid teams and they are not typical top places at all. On the inverse, look at clubs in major cities or destinations that fail or all failing these days. Its about having a plan, sticking to it, and putting smart talent at the top. Players today want to win, and they want to make money, but they also want to be on a team /org they can appreciate.

The key will be who they put in charge to run it.

In the NBA though when 1 star player can change your team, it's hard to get that type of guy to wanna stick around/come to in Milwaukee. I do get what your saying with small markets still being able to have success pro teams, but Milwaukee shouldn't have a basketball team.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant disagree with argument. Talent can wanna leave, but thats why good teams need to trade them away and keep rolling assets when that happens (I am guessing Minnesota is well aware of that for example with Love). That said, if these rich new guys are serious, they can make a run. Good article on these guys below. The NBA is no playground, and these guys are loaded and well aware of how to turn things around. Next step is who they decide to run it.

Bucks' buyers have experience in turning companies around

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the main problem over the years has been location. Who wants to live in Milwaukee when there's 29 better cities in the NBA you could play/live in. They should relocate.

It pains me to say as a resident of Wisconsin, but I kind of agree if things don't change. I said in a previous post I remember in the very early 2000's the Bradley Center was packed and loud. In the last decade people have become dangerously close to apathetic about the Bucks.

As someone else noted a small market team can thrive and new ownership may help that, but I'm concerned the public will shrug off a new tax to help pay for a new arena(the Miller Park tax is just now ending).