• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Jimenez in September

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will make idseer happy :clap:

Report: White Sox won't call up Eloy Jimenez

Actually, based on what they're saying, I concur. Apparently the Sox would indeed lose one year of control if they were to bring him up now. They'll undoubtedly follow the same path as the Cubs did for Kris Bryant and bring Eloy up the day after they gain that additional control year. BTW, Bryant's agent, as will likely Jimenez' agent, filed a formal grievance when the Cubs did that. They lost.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in another somewhat related story, the Sox traded Xavier Cedeno to the Brewers for a couple of minor leaguers. But the more intriguing aspect to this is they are bringing up Ian Hamilton to fill Cedeno's spot. He has been tearing it up in the minors as strictly a reliever and Lawdy dear Lawdy we all know how badly we need help in the pen. Let's hope he's the real deal. I'd like to see him get a lot of work while up here to see what he's made of.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will make idseer happy :clap:

Report: White Sox won't call up Eloy Jimenez

Actually, based on what they're saying, I concur. Apparently the Sox would indeed lose one year of control if they were to bring him up now. They'll undoubtedly follow the same path as the Cubs did for Kris Bryant and bring Eloy up the day after they gain that additional control year. BTW, Bryant's agent, as will likely Jimenez' agent, filed a formal grievance when the Cubs did that. They lost.

it should make all sox fans happy. the system itself sucks in my opinion but while it's in force the sox should take every bit the advantage of it that players do. situations like rodon happen all the time and the sox will never get the use out of him they should (assuming he leaves when he's able) because of the crap system that controls player movement.
i've said it before and i'll say it again. teams should have control of players based on game appearances ... not seasons!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it should make all sox fans happy. the system itself sucks in my opinion but while it's in force the sox should take every bit the advantage of it that players do. situations like rodon happen all the time and the sox will never get the use out of him they should (assuming he leaves when he's able) because of the crap system that controls player movement.
i've said it before and i'll say it again. teams should have control of players based on game appearances ... not seasons!

I said in another post on this same subject that I have a gut feeling this issue might just be the #1 topic when the next contract between the players and mgmt gets under way. Your suggestion could possibly be the change to the status quo. I like the idea, but my guess is the players won't. Just a guess tho.